• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

The Accountant - Ben Affleck actually plays a person on the spectrum in this one. It is an interesting watch, although I havent finished the last 30 minutes yet.

Dune - A lot of people say the novel is superior but I haven't read it yet so I will reserve my judgement, I quite enjoyed the movie. Its an interesting if strange story and a wonderful soundtrack.

I was 8 when it came out and we watched it in primary school at the end of the school year. First film I ever cried watching...and it was on on Christmas day just gone aaand it still makes me cry!

One of my favourite films of all time! We attempted to watch the "remake" that fox made and we didn't even manage 45 minutes. It was terrible. I don't cope well with things being changed from how they were done in the original if it's something I really like. Every time they'd done something different I pointed it out and annoyed my husband :D

The last film I watched was Deepwater Horizon. I've wanted to see it for ages, and I wasn't disappointed.

Oh yeah, the remake was on Sky Movies last week, I recorded it but then deleted it without watching it as in most cases remakes tend not to be as good as the originals.

I've seen Rogue One: A Star Wars Story twice so far and will probably buy it on DVD when it probably comes out around March/April time.

I watched Batman versus Superman: Dawn of Justice the other day, at first I didn't rate it but it's one of those movies that grows on you as you watch it more times.

Disney's Aladdin, starring the voice of the late Robin Williams as the Genie of the Lamp, Disney classic! And then I also watched the original Bambi, also a Disney classic, and I didn't cry at the bit where the Mother gets shot! I also watched Dumbo, another classic.

I love the old Disney films, why did they always have to have a sad bit though where the main character's Parent dies or something?

Disney's Aladdin, starring the voice of the late Robin Williams as the Genie of the Lamp, Disney classic! And then I also watched the original Bambi, also a Disney classic, and I didn't cry at the bit where the Mother gets shot! I also watched Dumbo, another classic.

I love the old Disney films, why did they always have to have a sad bit though where the main character's Parent dies or something?
And isn't it a shame how many Disney actresses became living proof that trashiness has no limits :p

And isn't it a shame how many Disney actresses became living proof that trashiness has no limits :p

And wasn't it good that in classics such as Snow White, Cinderella, and especially Beauty and the Beast, Disney artists knew how to draw attractive women?

Not just the old ones, have you seen Up? My god, that film has the saddest opening I've ever seen!

Purgatory (1999)
Purgatory (1999 film) - Wikipedia
CoverArt_for_Purgatory_(1998_Movie)_DVD.jpg

I seem to recall someone telling me they saw a documentary on Walt Disney where he said he always wanted the audience to experience a full range of emotions when watching his movies.

MV5BMTAwNzk4NTU3NDReQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDg3OTEyODI@._V1_UY1200_CR92,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

"They're taking us to the smokehouse!" A bleak, disturbing, depressing, minimalist and compelling film - I enjoyed every second of it. I have a feeling this movie is an accurate prediction of what America in 10 or 15 years will be like. I hear the book is even more brutal so I'll probably pick it up soon.

I watched Assassin's Creed yesterday, 7.5/10, I was expecting a typical pants video game to movie crossover but was pleasantly surprised.

Batman (1989) starring Michael Keaton as Batman and Jack Nicholson as the Joker, 9/10 but I'm a BIG Batman fan from way back.

We just watched "Escape From L.A.", a 1996 action film starring Kurt Russell. It started out as a typical 90's action film, bad good if you know what I mean. Then it just descended into ridiculousness. It only got progressively worse.

I've been rewatching Disney classics I remember from my childhood to see if they have the thing I call "The Lion King effect" - I enjoyed that movie so much more as an adult than I ever did as a kid, so I'm interested to see if I enjoy the other Disney movies more than I used to, too.

The Jungle Book... hmm.. I think I enjoyed it about as much as I did as a kid really. I approve of Shere Khan's reasons for wanting Mowgli dead, though :p

I watched Robo Cop earlier, the 1987 swear word and gratuitous violence filled original, not the pants remake from 3 years ago, still a classic 30 years on.

New Threads

Top Bottom