• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What a bad day. My therapist ended up being no good.

Tony, I would like to understand better, too.

Who are you talking to about getting your prescription? Therapists are not in control of prescription medication. Are you going to the psychiatrist office? The doctor's office?

Did you see post #29? I'd be curious about the answers to @tree's questions.

Post #29

Everything is bad. We went. They refused to give me the medication. Also the other clinic did not work out as it is private, expensive and does not give out medication. I now have no clinic or medication.

But bipolar meds include an antidepressant. I'm confused. One of the classic combinations is Prozac and Lithium. I took them as a teenager.

@Tony Ramirez

Can you help me to understand the situation?

When you said "Basically now I am out of Prozac on Sunday and they won't refill it."
What does that mean?

A. I ran out of Prozac over the weekend and don't have any left.
B. I still have some Prozac, but by the end of the week, there won't be any more in the bottle.

C. Does it say on the bottle that there are still a number of Refills left?
D. Or does it say Zero refills left (which would mean you need to see your medical provider.)
A. I ran out of Prozac. No more left after Sunday.
D. Zero refills
Pharmacy only has on refill of a bipolar medication that caused an opposite effect and I already have two bottles of it already.

It looks like you're saying you are out of medication, and
there are no more refills, so what you need to do is
contact your usual medical provider.

Because that's who can write you a new prescription.

Don't have a medical provider since the clinic won't refill it. We tried and my mother argued but they just insisted I am bipolar and don't care.

You are saying you have no doctor that you go to?

How did you get the prescription in the first place?

Now currently no.
I had a doctor that started to push again bipolar medications when I was getting better just because I was having trouble sleeping. But my sleep was slowly improving. Then he made me worse. He then refused to refill the one medication that worked Prozac.

Trying to change doctors also made it that they refused to refill it to until an evaluation was completed which they keep delaying knowing I was running out of a reserved bottle. My therapist I trusted betrayed me by putting notes that I was bipolar and schizophrenic just because of the stuff I mentioned here and was not supportive of my friendships and mocking my autism.

Drive to the emergency room. Just say you need a referral for a psychiatrist and you need a script for Prozac and you lost your meds and you don't wish to return to your current counselor as you feel not heard, and they tried to change your treatment plan you have had for sometime, and you wish to be evaluated elsewhere. That should get a referral and emergency prescription.

This is crazy. Regardless of whether they think you have something else and require other medication, they can't just stop prozac, it needs tapering.

I ran out of Prozac. No more left after Sunday.
I'm still not clear on this.

Did you run out of Prozac in the past (Sunday April 7), or do you expect to run out of Prozac in the future (Sunday April 14)?

Please use the specific dates when you answer.
Your previous answers were both slightly ambiguous because the tenses are inconsistent.

In either case you seem to have made one or more errors, but not the same one(s).

* If you're already out of Prozac (i.e. you ran out on April 7th) you should have reacted last week, and your post Wednesday this week is about a week delayed.
* If you will run out on April the 14th, your current behavior can't be explained by a lack of Prozac.

I am stressed beyond belief. I am OUT HERE ME OUT BY Monday April 15th, 2024. NO MORE ZERO PILLS LEFT AFTER THAT. Then a few days later I start climbing the walls.

Last edited:
@Tony Ramirez

Thanks.

Next questions:
1. Do you currently have a medical practitioner who can prescribe medicines? (Yes or No)
2. Was the Therapist you refer to in the thread title able to prescribe Prozac? (Yes/No)
3. Are you still registered with the Therapist referred to in the thread title? (Yes/No)

(I'm aware of the overlap between 2 & 3. Both are needed).

I did notice, there are extreme drug shortages this year. I wonder if that's why they decided no refiills.

New Threads

Top Bottom