• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

To what fictional character (s) can you relate?

IMG_9627.JPG
Stella Gibson from The Fall

There are these little moments in The Lion King where I can really relate to Scar on an almost unsettling level - such as this one:

It's not so much the whole "I'm surrounded by idiots" thing. But I think his expression and gesture when he says it perfectly visually summarize the way being in a crowded or noisy environment often makes me feel, right down the temple-massaging movement that seems to suggest that the behaviour of the hyenas is giving him a headache.

On the other hand, I am all about the whole "I'm surrounded by idiots" thing.
Well yeah, I can relate to that too! I just think there's a certain feeling he expresses while saying it that I can relate to even more. Actually, there's lots of stuff like that about Scar, where it's not so much his words or actions, but the feeling that appears to be expressed alongside them.

And it only just occurred to me that I'm able to recognise and interpret all these non-verbal cues from a cartoon lion, yet I'm totally clueless about this stuff when it comes to dealing with real people! I guess it's because of the way disney's animation style tends to over-exaggerate such things.

I can relate to Karen Walker from Will and Grace quite a lot. I'm a sassy drunk. Too bad I don't have her money as well.

When-She-Stays-Close-Her-BFF-Party.gif

Fred Flintstone (cos I'm fat and good at Bowling), Barney Rubble (cos I'm a short blonde guy) and Mark Labett from the Chase, except he's not fictional.

There are so very many fictional characters that I relate to and most of them are from books, anime, or games. At present these are some of my top characters I relate to -

Sans from Undertale for starters: I find his nihilism (why bother doing anything), depression, laziness, sleepiness, witty/terrible humor (covers emotions and tellings) and the like to sum me up perfectly.

Bill Cipher: for all the crazy thoughts, random ideas, betraying and backstabbing ways I did to survive school and the public Bill Cipher sums up the more darker parts of me that I suppress taken up to eleven.

Izaya Orihara: yes, he's mentally messed up. Yes, he gets his kicks in unusual ways but in a way I can relate to him. Before I do anything with others (public) I plan out and theorize every single detail from how they would react to what might plausibly happen on route. That and I people watch often and I used to be really observant to the point of knowing how so and so was feeling, if someone was cheating on a significant other etc. Sometimes I even used the information in the past for my own agenda by 'helping' others with it.

Armin Arlert: By this point in the manga he is 3000% done with everything (which is how I often feel), but his intelligence, insight and plans echo the lengths I am often pushed too just to survive another day with people in general.

In general villains and neutral parties tend to relate to me more than anyone else.

Mark Cohen from Rent. Both movie and Broadway. Not just because I look up to Anthony Rapp a lot. He just... He's in a spot I can relate to and understand. His relationship with his parents comes off as strained, he's struggling with very obvious depression as well as somewhat of an existential crisis, and he just... I dunno. He's a very self-centered person (but not in a bad way). It's hard for me to word how I feel about him and how I relate to him.

Charlie from The Perks of Being A Wallflower (minus the suffering from PTSD/depression from going through what he went through with his aunt as a child). I guess I am a somewhat less messed up version of him, lol. I relate to him more along the lines of his personality and his experience among his peers in school and with his friends. Some people argue that his character might actually have Aspergers but I disagree, I think he is just socially awkward, and a bit naïve and innocent at first.

But also, I don't know if anyone watches/watched the show Parenthood that ended a couple of years ago, but I just realized I am like almost the exact female version of the character Drew. He is shy and awkward, and sometimes withdrawn, but at the same time very intelligent, level-headed, caring and passionate about what he wants.

Last edited:
Abed from Community, because I'm also constantly observing people around me, noticing and remembering details and conversations and interpersonal relationships.
And I share his deadpan joke delivery.

Hi. Trying to keep this short. I don't quite cuss like him (IRL is a different story), but one of the underlying motivations behind Accelerator (see my username) is extremely similar to mine; he just wants to be left to his devices basically.

I've had people tell me I remind them of Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. And my mom used to tell me I reminded her of Timon from The Lion King.

Characters I've related too were:
Prince Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender
Rocket Raccoon
Invader Zim
The protagonist of Titan A.E. (That's such an obscure movie I doubt people would know who I was talking about if I said his name.)
Kallie "8" from Stranger Things
Elsa from Frozen

Last edited:
My favourite pegacorn pony is Pinkie Pie, which feels weird because I cannot stand people like that in real life.

I can't swear that she is autistic in any way, but I found myself identifying with Meridian from Meridian by Alice Walker.

I suppose Pierre Bezukhov from War and Peace could be autistic. He seems to consider people in exactly that light. Tolstoy had no idea what insights he had.

Elaine in the ABBA song of the same name – let's just say I know how she feels.

Nino Quincampoix (Amélie)
Charlie Brown
James Stevens (The Remains of the Day)

My class Nick name whilst studying A level Psychology was 'Data'.

I can feel like 'Mater' from Disney's Cars.

I can be as enthusiastic as Wednesday Addams in most respects.

I probably have the old school morals and altruism of Marvel's Captain America with a dash of Tim Burton's Alice, from Alice in Wonderland.

New Threads

Top Bottom