• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Time travel

↑ Yes, daydreams based on the fantasy of retrograde time-travel can be fun, but they can also be depressing.

I'm sure we can all think of past incidents that we "shoulda / coulda / woulda" handled differently, but there is really nothing we can possibly do about them,

Truly, if we were to go back and change our mistakes for good fortune, we'd create misfortune for others. "Stealing futures" is what one academic called it. If one is going to call it theft, then you do get into the necessity of timecops or the TVA, etc.

So, again...any serious talk about the subject winds up mentioning pop-culture-fiction. It's a vicious cycle, haha.

Truly, if we were to go back and change our mistakes for good fortune, we'd create misfortune for others.
I think that we would still be still prone to making mistakes, just new ones...!
That is how life usually progresses anyway. ;)

The butterfly effect possibilities would mess with me way too much to actually, personally want to achieve time travel into the past. I don't think I could handle knowing that I would have in even the tiniest way changed countless people's lives or situations. Imagine being the reason people don't meet, fall in love, have those kids...or why someone doesn't write a hit song...doesn't become that popular celebrity who actually does good in the world...etc.

There's a great book I read when younger. REPLAY by Ken Grimwood. It is an amazing tale of possibilities, butterfly effects and then some. Mostly, though, it reveals a lot of cautionary things that most folks probably never consider. I honestly haven't seen too many other works of fiction touch on a lot of the things in that book, still.

newyears2022.png

I love this topic. I have theories. There's long been a forum at the time travel institute page. I feel like Nikola Tesla may have actually figured it out and then destroyed the information, like he did with other things he figured out that he then realized was dangerous.

One of my favorite theories is why the Philadelphia Experiment worked in the way that it did (though, I'm not sure if it was time or just dimensional shifting that occurred). I formed this theory after a physics class in high school where we were shown a video of all kinds of energy being produced. One of the experiments in the film was lighting a small firecracker (a lady finger, if you know the type) about a foot away from a coke bottle. The firecracker explodes, and per the usual, that's that. The bottle was fine. The experiment was repeated underwater a good ways, and upon the firecracker exploding, the bottle imploded into fine pieces of glass dust. Back to the Philadelphia Experiment, now - it was a naval ship fitted with all kinds of electrical wiring and essentially turning its hull into a generator / magnet that created an incredible amount of energy. What I theorize is something they didn't account for so much... that the energy bounced into the water, off of the solid rock (could have been granite) bay floor and then back upwards towards the ship. The energy was exponentially increased by the water, and that's what caused such wild effects. No one will ever say for certain, of course. It's fun to theorize about.

Similarly, per water being what helps dimensional travel, that device in the film/tv show Stargate actually does make sense when you put science to it and break it down. Namely, we all accept that if we could travel past the speed of light, we could achieve time travel (that's a pretty common theory). Also common, is that if we ever travelled that fast, our molecules would separate, and that's that. But...water has this way of exponentially being able to compress and pressurized and could theoretically hold our molecules just right, if we moved so incredibly fast. It would have to be an insanely perfected formula / ratio, but it seems like the way to make it work.

As to what is considered paranormal or supernatural...I have experiences and have done research nights a few times in some very interesting places that were quite active. They weren't power of suggestion instances because I have been in more places that proved to be all hype and absolutely no activity going on at all.
Brilliant.

Tesla's knowledge of physics is a bit over hyped over hyped. his special interest was electromagnetism. Which did not extend into general physics? he thought the general theory of relatively was quacker but now time has shown the real quack was him His visualization skill I share with him. both of us being on the spectrum I get him, but do not respect him. keep in mind in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king, so one different skill does not make either of us king. all he was/is unusually bright hence Einstein's inside joke how does it fell to be the world's smartest man with the retort ask Tesla.

Last edited:
I love this topic. I have theories. There's long been a forum at the time travel institute page. I feel like Nikola Tesla may have actually figured it out and then destroyed the information, like he did with other things he figured out that he then realized was dangerous.

One of my favorite theories is why the Philadelphia Experiment worked in the way that it did (though, I'm not sure if it was time or just dimensional shifting that occurred). I formed this theory after a physics class in high school where we were shown a video of all kinds of energy being produced. One of the experiments in the film was lighting a small firecracker (a lady finger, if you know the type) about a foot away from a coke bottle. The firecracker explodes, and per the usual, that's that. The bottle was fine. The experiment was repeated underwater a good ways, and upon the firecracker exploding, the bottle imploded into fine pieces of glass dust. Back to the Philadelphia Experiment, now - it was a naval ship fitted with all kinds of electrical wiring and essentially turning its hull into a generator / magnet that created an incredible amount of energy. What I theorize is something they didn't account for so much... that the energy bounced into the water, off of the solid rock (could have been granite) bay floor and then back upwards towards the ship. The energy was exponentially increased by the water, and that's what caused such wild effects. No one will ever say for certain, of course. It's fun to theorize about.

Similarly, per water being what helps dimensional travel, that device in the film/tv show Stargate actually does make sense when you put science to it and break it down. Namely, we all accept that if we could travel past the speed of light, we could achieve time travel (that's a pretty common theory). Also common, is that if we ever travelled that fast, our molecules would separate, and that's that. But...water has this way of exponentially being able to compress and pressurized and could theoretically hold our molecules just right, if we moved so incredibly fast. It would have to be an insanely perfected formula / ratio, but it seems like the way to make it work.

As to what is considered paranormal or supernatural...I have experiences and have done research nights a few times in some very interesting places that were quite active. They weren't power of suggestion instances because I have been in more places that proved to be all hype and absolutely no activity going on at all.

Sos
Brilliant.
Do you know about "attachment theory" and whether it applies to this?

I believe it refers to children bonding or not bonding with their parents. My adopted son had serious issues with this, largely because he knew his bio parents didn't bother to go to court to keep their parental rights from being terminated, and that his mother was pregnant again. He figured they threw him away.

Sorry--I mentioned attachment theory, but I meant entanglement theory, spooky happenings at a distance Einstein called it where a particle can be in two places at once. Physics is beyond me but I'm like, now that's cool.

Your on the right path check out Leonard Suskinds on worm holes and holographic stuff. Entanglement is also known as BELL's theorem. this stuff is easier to understand than you think

Last edited:
In ways, yes, but I feel like it's in relation to pressure...maybe just compression overall. The deeper you go underwater, compression gets exponentially stronger, to the point of wanting to crush anything into itself and from every direction. Balance that out perfectly with how much lightspeed travel wants to unravel your molecules, and you should be able to "hold shape" going so fast.

Another thought, if you get into ideas that UAP beings are living underwater on the planet...would be if they need water inside their crafts, as well, and then whatever mass compression is going on inside them is how we see them, but in the blink of an eye they're gone. I mean, how does anything survive going that fast, you know?

It's definitely a rabbit hole of thinking about it all.

Your on the right path check out Leonard Suskinds on worm holes and holographic stuff. Entanglement is also known as BELL's theorem. this stuff is easier to understand than you think
Just read a good article in wired--"quantum entanglement can stretch across time" describes it in simple terms, but they suggest that indeed according to this principle time travel is possible

Just read a good article in wired--"quantum entanglement can stretch across time" describes it in simple terms, but they suggest that indeed according to this principle time travel is possible
Based on what I Can see in my minds eye it may be correct the past and the future are connected. I detailed this out in the physics thread I started. hawking radiation involves entangled particles do they stay connected when the virtual half of the two particles crosses the event horizon, which may involve time IF you want fun check out ER equals EPR.

Last edited:
Oh man this stuff is fun. It's beyond me, but seems like physics is intuitive. It seems like one of the major problems of going back in time is the paradox, butterfly effect--idea being that if you go backwards there are infinitesimal changes that effect everything, so you would not even be born. The trick would basically be to go back and without killing yourself
It seems like the idea of clocks is central to it, and that it's basically a human construct, so it would be needed to consider human construct of time. Of course, according to calendar time. some places today are tomorrow in some places. And yesterday in others. This sounds dufus, and I don't understand but im wondering if you could could tap into that construct somehow to kimd of like trick humanity into not recognizing a persons presence--it's an interplay between universal and personal and the universal
you basically go back to yesterday while tomorrow is happening i was wondering wonder if somehow it could be tapped into that there is an interplay between
The universal and the personal. If you go back in time it would need to be at a different time than the one which would render a person not born. But if you go to yesterday the clock will have a different time frame so you could do and observe as you wish without accidentally killing yourself. If you already belong to the future it's like you could skip the present without altering

Kind of like a package going from the US to Australia or from Australia to the us or vice versa. You can basically avoid offing yourself because it hasn't happened yet
If you send a gift on Monday it will arrive yesterday. If a time traveler launches on Monday ot will be Sunday in another place. I don't know what im getting at but I just read "the problem of time" on wiki it's cool.

100% percent agree. If you could time travel, where would you go? I would love to see the 50s and 80s fashion. I would sneak a picture and frame it. I would also go see the dinosaurs and get a couple pictures.
I think I'd go to the future--see where human beings wind up

New Threads

Top Bottom