• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Time travel

The way our population is falling in the advanced countries you may not have to go very far into the future.
I don't see any evidence of falling population in the US. I just keep seeing woods burned down for housing developments and shopping malls and constantly increasing traffic. I guess the eastern US never got the memo about falling population

The US has 79 million baby Boomers half of which will pass in the next 12 or so years is their a plan in place to replace them?
Here in Canada we have planned for this hence our very high current immigration.

Last edited:
The swelling numbers have to be coming from somewhere. i haven't seen the whole US inch by inch. But I have traveled through every state from Florida to Nevada, and Florida to Pennsylvania in 2023.  Everywhere I saw new subdivisions, shopping areas, and roads being built or widened. Nor have I seen advertisements asking people to consider moving to this or that state.

I'm smack in the middle of the baby boomer bell curve by the time I hit 83 years of age half of my cohort will have passed away.

I checked around
Screenshot_20240216_100855_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240216_100545_Chrome.jpg

Here are my statistics four point one million baby boomers will pass away in the next thirteen years, why we are bringing five hundred thousand immigrants a year in.

Attachments

• rate of living.pdf
    101.7 KB · Views: 16
Death rate is part of the equation. If birth rate exceeds death rate population grows. The population growth rate by country chart shows Canada with a 1.1% growth rate, and the US with .6% growth rate. In the US, only the northeast region has declined, and only by 43,330. The other regions more than makes up for the northeast. The growth rate has declined in recent years, but that just means the population isn't increasing as fast. But it is still increasing

With each years us baby boomers are dying I'm in the middle of the cohort birthday in January 1945 to 1965 by the time people my age turn 83 half of us will be dead. we are already seeing shortages in labour as we retire 6 more years and all of us will be retired. my youngest brother 10 years younger birthday December will be one of the last to retire. In another a good chunk of the rock stars from the sixties will have passed so only covers of their songs will be available.

Last edited:
my youngest brother 10 years younger birthday December will be one of the last to retire. In another a good chunk of the rock stars from the sixties will have passed so only covers of their songs will be available.
Covers, and the millions of copies of their existing recordings.

Just like masters of old like Mozart and Beethoven. We watched our older generation pass over the years aunts and uncles first one or two then it picks up speed lose one every few weeks the oldest baby boomers are just turning 80 this year expect to see a celebrity boomer's passing the next three years as they turn 83.

New Threads

Top Bottom