• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Time travel

RemyZee

I have been binge-watching Dr. Who. Anyone think time travel is possible?...... A. With the right tech? B. Possible in theory? C. No way--gimme a break. D. Take me to the times when people only eat pasta. E. One day it will be normal. F. I'm working on a machine right now.

Forget technology. Just think in terms of metaphysical dynamics of other dimensions.

I've witnessed a dead person very briefly show up quite live- twice in fact over 20 years. The first time as my 83 year old grandmother. The second time I didn't quite recognize her as she looked around 30 years of age, which was 26 years before I was born. Yet somehow she looked familiar. I discovered an old photo of her a few weeks later.

Both unsolicited paranormal experiences were in broad daylight, and not the product of a hallucination. Though ever since, it did make me wonder how many "dead people" have walked right by me where neither one of us acknowledged the other.

Now if that doesn't constitute "time travel", I don't know what would. Of course whatever it involves, it is not of this plane of existence with its present limitations of known science. From this perspective, time travel has always been "normal". But only seen by a few of us. Nothing funnier than saying, "I see dead people" and hearing people laugh. Most have no idea...

Death is a strange dimension. Where some can travel in terms of both time and space, while others may be profoundly stuck in it. So many questions, and so few answers.

Though at times I do wonder if in the course of reincarnation if we can also choose the time we live in. ;)

Last edited:
Forget technology. Just think in terms of metaphysical dynamics of other dimensions.

I've witnessed a dead person very briefly show up quite live- twice in fact over 20 years. The first time as my 83 year old grandmother. The second time I didn't quite recognize her as she looked around 30 years of age, which was 26 years before I was born. Yet somehow she looked familiar. I discovered an old photo of her a few weeks later.

Both unsolicited paranormal experiences were in broad daylight, and not the product of a hallucination. Though ever since, it did make me wonder how many "dead people" have walked right by me where neither one of us acknowledged the other.

Now if that doesn't constitute "time travel", I don't know what would. Of course whatever it involves, it is not of this plane of existence with its present limitations of known science. From this perspective, time travel has always been "normal". But only seen by a few of us. Nothing funnier than saying, "I see dead people" and hearing people laugh. Most have no idea...

At times I do wonder if in the course of reincarnation that we can chose the time we live in. ;)

Wow, this is awesome. I didn't know anyone else here believed in the paranormal. I've had some outright crazy things happen (that other people have witnessed along with me) and some premonitions that I literally told everyone I knew about before they happened, but I still always have to chalk it up to (bad) luck or something else to avoid that existential rabbit hole of what reality actually is. I'd drive myself crazy if I didn't just say, "I honestly have no idea".

With the recent David Grusch whistleblower claims, I definitely believe in the potential of parallel dimensions, possibly with their own timelines entirely. The Gateway Process (actual CIA research) kind of details time being nonlinear, and declassified documents have talked about inter-dimensional beings for decades. So, I mean, whether we believe in this stuff or not... the US government definitely does.

I think a lot of people feel out of control when confronted with information like this, but the truth is that a lot of us (including myself) don't really understand the true nature of reality, and that's OK with me.

Wow, this is awesome. I didn't know anyone else here believed in the paranormal.
No, it isn't that I "believe" in the paranormal. It's that I have experienced it - firsthand. Unable to logically or scientifically debunk what I had witnessed. For nearly 20 years I kept all of this to myself.

Since those times I went on to periodically have such experiences, but on a solicited basis with others, conducting paranormal investigations. And there's nothing like having such experiences in the presence of others.

I should also mention that the phenomenon of nearly-dead people seeing and interacting with imaginary dead people (never living ones) is so incredibly interesting to me. Not to mention the incredible amount of reincarnation stories often told by children. When I was a kid, my best friend's brother remembered a very intricate past life that was so accurate to things he wouldn't have known that it scared his entire family and mine. But now when I look back on it, I start thinking about the potential of nonlinear time and continuous life and it makes me feel kind of happy.

Of course, there's no way to 'prove' these things, but when you start digging into the actual research that has gone into this (funded by the CIA, of all 'people'), it outlines that it's all not only 'possible', but very much real.

I should also mention that the phenomenon of nearly-dead people seeing and interacting with imaginary dead people (never living ones) is so incredibly interesting to me.
That would describe my uncle. A hard-nosed US Marine veteran, having served previously in the Army and decorated as a combat veteran in Korea. Only to enlist in the Marine Corps and serve three tours of duty in Viet Nam without a scratch. A very tough guy.

As well a devout Catholic, when he was hospitalized with serious cardiac issues and thought he was going to die. He laid in his hospital bed where his brother showed up to console him. Told him it wasn't his time yet, and then somehow he was just gone. Of course his brother was once a very real person.

His brother was my father, who died several years earlier due to similar cardiac issues in 1978. Left my uncle quite stunned. Again an example of time and space, life and death- turned on its ear relative to our understanding of physics.

Last edited:
I love this topic. I have theories. There's long been a forum at the time travel institute page. I feel like Nikola Tesla may have actually figured it out and then destroyed the information, like he did with other things he figured out that he then realized was dangerous.

One of my favorite theories is why the Philadelphia Experiment worked in the way that it did (though, I'm not sure if it was time or just dimensional shifting that occurred). I formed this theory after a physics class in high school where we were shown a video of all kinds of energy being produced. One of the experiments in the film was lighting a small firecracker (a lady finger, if you know the type) about a foot away from a coke bottle. The firecracker explodes, and per the usual, that's that. The bottle was fine. The experiment was repeated underwater a good ways, and upon the firecracker exploding, the bottle imploded into fine pieces of glass dust. Back to the Philadelphia Experiment, now - it was a naval ship fitted with all kinds of electrical wiring and essentially turning its hull into a generator / magnet that created an incredible amount of energy. What I theorize is something they didn't account for so much... that the energy bounced into the water, off of the solid rock (could have been granite) bay floor and then back upwards towards the ship. The energy was exponentially increased by the water, and that's what caused such wild effects. No one will ever say for certain, of course. It's fun to theorize about.

Similarly, per water being what helps dimensional travel, that device in the film/tv show Stargate actually does make sense when you put science to it and break it down. Namely, we all accept that if we could travel past the speed of light, we could achieve time travel (that's a pretty common theory). Also common, is that if we ever travelled that fast, our molecules would separate, and that's that. But...water has this way of exponentially being able to compress and pressurized and could theoretically hold our molecules just right, if we moved so incredibly fast. It would have to be an insanely perfected formula / ratio, but it seems like the way to make it work.

As to what is considered paranormal or supernatural...I have experiences and have done research nights a few times in some very interesting places that were quite active. They weren't power of suggestion instances because I have been in more places that proved to be all hype and absolutely no activity going on at all.

Who knows, on other planes of existence it may be common to travel beyond 186,000 miles per second.

- "By other means"....and backwards or forwards in time. But then my impression of "the other side" is that time itself does not exist. Nor perhaps do planetary bodies or solar objects that allow keeping track of time.

In essence just because something may not adhere to an earthly understanding of physics doesn't preclude it from actually existing based on things that may remain totally alien to earthly science. After all, we revolve around the universe. It doesn't revolve around us.

Last edited:
I'd have to go with
F. I'm working on a machine right now.

I've been stuck in this time way too long. But interdimensional manifolds are extrememly difficult to craft by hand. Mine got fried on arrival here, and so far neither Grainger, nor Amazon, nor even eBay currently have any in stock.

I don't know what to make of it all. There's so much we don't know yet, which is both scary and exciting. (1) I am of the idea that our senses are not calibrated to perceive certain frequencies of light and sound, and so there is a lot going on right in front of us that we are just not able to perceive. Sometimes you may view video online of small children or family pets perceiving an entity in a room or out in the yard, yet the camera and the adults are unable to perceive it. Infants and small children do have differences in their perception of light and sound. I've actually helped design medical equipment on this very concept, that is make it perceptively inaudible to a premature infant. (2) I have heard stories of people having "out of body experiences" shared amongst our healthcare team. Very accurate. The types of phenomenon that definitely challenges your understanding of this world and gives you pause. (3) "Ghosts", well, there's enough people over the years that have experienced this sort of phenomenon to give you pause. Too many case reports all over the world and throughout time. Again, obviously, something is going on here we don't understand. Are the theories of multiverses and dimensions just outside our own that, when specific conditions are met, they can cross over each other. Are these the "ghosts"? (4) From my understanding of time, time always moves forward. We don't have control over time. Time controls us.

Hypothetically, in some future age of understanding of multiverses and dimensions, one may be able to visit different timelines or dimensions, but for safety, the rule would be observe only and not interact, if that were even possible given the potential for the "butterfly effect". In other words, even if the technology were to exist for time travel, or even visit some other timeline, you would have to be virtually invisible and undetectable to that other timeline,...or else. Your simple presence could set off an alternate chain of events.

Billy S. summed it up fairly well: “There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy”.

I would have died in any of several incidents except for extraordinary intervention. I have no doubt that they were divine interventions.
Rather than list them here, I refer you to the thread "How to tell if my mission on Earth is complete"

I know people who have had what must be considered supernatural experiences. Maybe what is natural extends beyond what we think it is. I can't speak to  all purported incidents. It's undeniable that there  are crackpots out there, as well as "sloppy" or "careless" observers who may just be wrong about what they thought they saw.

But I have heard from enough reliable people, as well as having my own experiences that I have to agree with old Billy

I time travel all the time (In my imagination that is).

In fact I have assembled an entire team, most being previous 'clients'. We have our operations center in a secret time and place where there are no people. Only we possess the technology, which I recieved in a trade with aliens that abducted me (For the recipe for pepperoni pizza - they absolutely love it and opened an entire galactic franchise of pizza joints and made millions of dark matter coins).

But we have strict protocols. We can not mess with the timeline in any major way, nor kill anyone or do anything that causes injury or death to anyone. So we conduct small operations to save average people from fatal accident or disaster. People who if they live do not cause above mentioned injury or death. But they must agree to never have children or enter politics, etc, etc. If they break the pact we simply go back and do not save them. We call these folks 'clients' and they make up most of our time travel team.

dino.jpg

;)

When I see dinosaurs, like designed in the above picture, I always think... but gravity? They didn't get the intelligent design so much. I know, I know...artist's rendering and all.

Retrograde time-travel is not possible under any known physical principle -- any 'theories' involve substances and energies that have only been imagined.

Dimensions other than the three-and-one-half we experience are mathematical constructs scientists use to support their favorite theories.

"Other planes of existence" are alleged by religious and superstitious beliefs. The 'Multiverse' is the realm of fantasy and science-fiction.

'Ghosts' are either dreams, hallucinations, illusions, or trickery.

The Philadelphia Experiment was a hoax claimed by an ex-merchant mariner in 1955.

Belief is not proof, opinions are not proof, assertions are not proof, fictional events depicted in entertainment media are not proof.

For a more concise statement, refer to my current sig line, which says, "When science has not currently explained an alleged event or an alleged subjective experience, the explanation does not automatically default to an extraterrestrial, paranormal, or supernatural cause."

Last edited:
Time travel to the future is absolutely possible. All you have to do is travel as fast as you can from planet earth, turn around and come back and more time will have elapsed on earth than for yourself. The faster you go the further forward you go.

Time travel into the past? That's a bit problematic. You end up with paradoxes if you change anything (unless the multiverse theory holds true). The other issue is entropy, energy can not be created, so if you travel back in time you are kinda breaking thermodynamics/entropy by adding more matter to a balanced universe and no one really knows what might happen. You could collapse reality.

However, we have to remember that we are barely evolved apes with some impressive technology. We have potentially billions of years to build and iterate on our theories and technology. Can you imagine how incomprehensibly complex our understanding of quantum physics will be in a few hundred years?

Mark my words, if the human race survives millions of years and science continues to evolve, time and reality will be our playthings. What appear to be steadfast barriers to things like time travel will be trivial road blocks in a few million years. Hopefully we will have the good sense to use our powers responsibly. Which may just explain why we haven't met any people from the future yet.

I do think it is possible. I mean how could it not be. This is just a thought, but maybe we have advanced technology stored in Area 51. I think there was a spaceship found there that had technology we never seen before in the 50s. It’s strange to think our technology got better after that. It’s something to think about for sure.

I do think it is possible. I mean how could it not be. This is just a thought, but maybe we have advanced technology stored in Area 51. I think there was a spaceship found there that had technology we never seen before in the 50s. It’s strange to think our technology got better after that. It’s something to think about for sure.
In this reality, the possibilities are limitless. There's clearly things that they want to keep secret in Area 51, that's for sure. It could be things they've invented, it could be otherworldly technology. We simply don't know.

Our rapid technological evolution may have been given a shot in the arm from studying alien technology, or it could just simply be that advances we discover have a compounding effect and our knowledge just increases at an almost exponential rate. Either way we can be sure that this will (or hopefully will) continue.

Just think of telling the ancient Greeks that one day we will fly around in huge hunks of metal in the sky at speeds hundreds of times faster than the fastest horse! They'd think it was impossible.

The reality is we just needed to figure out how to do it.

I have a blogpost/essay on time travel...
What do we want?
Time travel!​
When do we want it?
It doesn't matter...!​

In this reality, the possibilities are limitless. There's clearly things that they want to keep secret in Area 51, that's for sure. It could be things they've invented, it could be otherworldly technology. We simply don't know.

Our rapid technological evolution may have been given a shot in the arm from studying alien technology, or it could just simply be that advances we discover have a compounding effect and our knowledge just increases at an almost exponential rate. Either way we can be sure that this will (or hopefully will) continue.

Just think of telling the ancient Greeks that one day we will fly around in huge hunks of metal in the sky at speeds hundreds of times faster than the fastest horse! They'd think it was impossible.

The reality is we just needed to figure out how to do it.
100% percent agree. If you could time travel, where would you go? I would love to see the 50s and 80s fashion. I would sneak a picture and frame it. I would also go see the dinosaurs and get a couple pictures.

New Threads

Top Bottom