• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Time travel

The speed of light has a glaring flaw and so does the general theory of relativity, both known by Einstein.
yes present and past could exist concurrently. See my physics thread.

I hold firmly to the following claim:

"I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers. I'll believe anything, no matter how wild and ridiculous, if there is evidence for it. The wilder and more ridiculous something is, however, the firmer and more solid the evidence will have to be." -- Dr. Isaac Asimov, PhD (1920–1992), American writer and professor of biochemistry at Boston University

This implies that I will not believe a claim just because it was posted by a self-declared "authority" on Twitter/X, in a YouTube video, or on a social website devoted to autism spectrum disorders.

If someone claiming to be my future self turned out to have the exact same blood type, fingerprints, retinal patterns, and DNA profile as myself, then I would believe in retrograde time travel.

Even a clone of me -- being essentially my 'identical' twin -- would not be a perfect match in all these areas.

Yes, these are extraordinary standards, but the alleged 'reality' of retrograde time-travel is an extraordinary claim.

If someone claiming to be my future self turned out to have the exact same blood type, fingerprints, retinal patterns, and DNA profile as myself, then I would believe in retrograde time travel.

Even a clone of me -- being essentially my 'identical' twin -- would not be a perfect match in all these areas.
This movie shows what would happen if your past & future self met!
I'm Young/I'm Old! Back To The Future 2 (1989)

Stephen Hawking once did an experiment. He held a party for time travellers, with the theory that if anyone were time travelling in the future, they would surely pop in to his party. He prepared all the food and drink, but no one came.

What does that prove? Nothing, except that nobody came to his party. I think that if people were to engage in time travel in the future, they would very wisely avoid interacting with people in the past so as not to create paradoxes, panic and other disturbances, or for ethical reasons. If they did, it would be strictly for scientific reasons, to study dinosaurs, for example. Personally I don't think it's possible, but I'd like to be proved wrong. Done in the right way, it could be a very useful tool to gain a deeper understanding and solve some mysteries.

For those who claim to have seen ghosts, their experience was very real to them and I don't deny their experience, but until I see it for myself, I remain sceptical as to the explanation being anything paranormal. It's the kind of thing I have to see to believe.

For those who claim to have seen ghosts, their experience was very real to them and I don't deny their experience, but until I see it for myself, I remain sceptical as to the explanation being anything paranormal. It's the kind of thing I have to see to believe.

I couldn't agree more. To actually witness such profound things cannot be ascertained through hearsay.

Indeed, you have to see such things to believe them. When the world you thought you knew is really something profoundly different. With questions science and religion cannot presently or adequately answer.

Up to that point I was every bit as skeptical as you. Most people understandably are. I simply chose not to lie to myself about it, no differently than to accept my autism rather than remain in denial. With nothing to prove to anyone but myself. Though it remains fascinating to occasionally meet other lucid souls with similar experiences.

So when someone mentions something like time travel, I'm not ready to fall back on empirical explanations which may or may not apply today, but not necessarily tomorrow.

Last edited:
Each night, I doze off for just a second and find myself transported into the future.
Then I am forced to live in that future time for which I often feel ill-prepared.
I mean, right now it's Wednesday, but I wasn't quite finished with Tuesday yet.

Time travel is possible in terms of one person moving slower through time than another person by moving really fast.
I do however not believe it is possible to move back in time. Because the concept of time is something we created.
A moment that has past cannot be brought back.
And even if timetravel were possible it would not mean you could change something in the past to change the future like in the movies etc.
It has either already always happened, or that 'past' is actually the current present.

But all that does not matter because time travel in terms of moving forward or backwards 100 years and afterward returning to your old present is impossible by any logical explanation or current scientific fact.

Aren't cryptids those supposed creatures that people claim to video, photograph and have eyewitness accounts for.......but people still don't think they're real? Ironic.

Sorry to disappoint, but no aliens in Area 51, or Roswell. We did land on the moon though.

;)

We did land on the moon though.
So, there have been aliens on the moon, then...
full
full

100% percent agree. If you could time travel, where would you go? I would love to see the 50s and 80s fashion. I would sneak a picture and frame it. I would also go see the dinosaurs and get a couple pictures.
I'd probably go back to the 1980s and I could enjoy seeing all the computers I have collected be released and really enjoy using them and appreciating them. I was a little too young back then to have the opportunity to take the time to use them the way I do now, but although it's fun, there's not really much cause to use them for every day tasks.

I'd probably also buy a car just like mine when it was brand new. I've never seen one in pristine condition so that would be cool!

When they say you shouldn't interact with your past or future self in the Back to the Future movies it has more to do with the special effects budget than it does with any potential disastrous time paradoxes! :smilecat:

When they say you shouldn't interact with your past or future self in the Back to the Future movies it has more to do with the special effects budget than it does with any potential disastrous time paradoxes! :smilecat:
Recall the film "Timecop" ? There was one consideration of a person confronting themselves in a different time that could be fatal if they had physical contact. Eliminating their existence from the timeline altogether. Oops...grim special effects...:oops:

Last edited:
Recall the film "Timecop" ? There was one consideration of a person confronting themselves in a different time that could be fatal if they had physical contact. Oops...grim special effects...:oops:
Yes! I quite like that movie too! They made the "don't interact with yourself" rule into a plot point. The CGI was a bit uhm, clunky, but it shows that even at that stage they could fairly easily put the same person in the scene twice. You can also see as the Back to the Future sequels came along that they relaxed the rule with Biff meeting himself in the second movie. It would be trivial to do those sorts of scenes with today's technology!

Another oops....North Korea got to Mars first. :eek:

"For All Mankind"....quite a departure from Earth's timeline when it came to the space race.

New Threads

Top Bottom