• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Worst Songs Ever

I've seen "Tiptoe through the Tulips" referenced in a few cartoons and even on Sesame Street. But this is the first time I've heard the original singer performing it. Holey cheeze and rice, that was disturbing!:fearscream::laughing:

A while back, I was in a sports bar when they started playing the song "MmmmBop" by the Hanson Brothers. They showed the video and all. It made me want to vomit. I told the person I was sitting next to that I thought it was the worst song ever recorded. He laughed. The bartender joked, "It will only get worse before it gets better." I replied, "It can't get worse. This is the worse song ever recorded." The person sitting next to me replied, "Yes, it was a bad song, but it wasn't the worse song ever recorded. There was worse." That got me thinking: What were the worst songs ever recorded? Here's my list:
1. "Disco Duck" by Rick Dees
2. "MMMMBop" by the Hanson Brothers
3. "Hello Kitty" by Avril Lavigne
4. "Rockin Robin" by Bobby Day
5. "Achy Breaky Heart" By Billy Ray Cyrus

What are your picks for the worst song ever?
CRAWLING I MY SKIN :mad: it sounds so cringy and my God ever time I hear CRAWLING IN MY SKIN my SKIN crawls

"Ruber/The Ruberian Age" from Quest for Camelot

This is how not to do a villain song, and it annoys me more because I actually like some of the songs from this film yet this one just feels like they were making it up as they were going along and doing a terrible job of it.

I recall some rubbish song called Informer by a group called Snow back in the early 90's.

Apologies in advance to the Mods for my slightly vulgar interpretation of the lyrics, but when I looked it up the proper lyrics are "A Leaky Boom Boom down", which I thought sounded like "I Lick your bum bum now!"

I never liked the song anyway to be honest, I'm not into that kind of stuff.

[She's Got] The Look (Roxette, 1988) is a catchy tune, but the lyrics don't make any sense whatsoever.
I agree. The lyrics sound as though someone had combed through an English-Swedish dictionary and put together a list of random similes. It's this song that really lets slip that Roxette were not native English speakers. That and Joyride!

I recall some rubbish song called Informer by a group called Snow back in the early 90's.
Snow is a solo artist.
Snow (musician)

The B-side of the single 'They're coming to take me away Ha Ha!' It was the same song backwards. Forwards was bad enough....

It's a darn sight better than the song that actually won.

The worst of all New Kids on the Block's songs (not that I rate any of them highly) has to be Tonight. In particular, the couplet "Remember when we travelled round the world / Meeting all the people and girls". Are you saying that girls aren't human?! Grr.

Still on the subject of NKotB, their single Hangin' Tough was mentioned in the Guinness Book of Records as having the lowest sales ever for a no.1. That was back when the Guinness Book included UK-specific records in addition to world ones.

Last edited:

Could not STAND this song. At all. Something about it just rubs me the wrong way. As usual, some will and won't agree and I'll gladly accept that.

Could not STAND this song. At all. Something about it just rubs me the wrong way. As usual, some will and won't agree and I'll gladly accept that.

I remember the first MP3 player I bought had this song on along with "Hotel California" by the Eagles as starter tracks.
The Eagles song I was okay with as I like that song, but as soon as I heard Aqua singing "Barbie Girl" I was like "Really?!"

I remember the first MP3 player I bought had this song on along with "Hotel California" by the Eagles as starter tracks.
The Eagles song I was okay with as I like that song, but as soon as I heard Aqua singing "Barbie Girl" I was like "Really?!"

Yeah that song was one of those "really catchy but in a highly annoying way" kind of songs of the mid to late 90's.

Don't Worry Be Happy, by Bobby McFerrin.
Seriously, yet another song encouraging a person to be unrealistically happy no matter how much crap is happening in your life. It almost sounds like a commercial for Prozac.

Meh, some people liked it, enough to vote it the winner of Eurovision in er, 1965 I think it was, the Cliff song I mean.

Meh, some people liked it, enough to vote it the winner of Eurovision in er, 1965 I think it was, the Cliff song I mean.
Cliff Richard didn't win Eurovision (in 1968) - he came second to the Spanish entry Massiel. Back then the vote was 100% by jury. Rumour persists to this day that General Franco fixed the result. That was Spain's last Eurovision win (or only outright win if you discount the four-way tie of 1969). And we Brits have the cheek to complain we're hard done by for having four outright wins in four different decades.... :p

New Threads

Top Bottom