• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Worst Songs Ever

NeoPhile

Can I get a "Bright not Broken"?
A while back, I was in a sports bar when they started playing the song "MmmmBop" by the Hanson Brothers. They showed the video and all. It made me want to vomit. I told the person I was sitting next to that I thought it was the worst song ever recorded. He laughed. The bartender joked, "It will only get worse before it gets better." I replied, "It can't get worse. This is the worse song ever recorded." The person sitting next to me replied, "Yes, it was a bad song, but it wasn't the worse song ever recorded. There was worse." That got me thinking: What were the worst songs ever recorded? Here's my list:
1. "Disco Duck" by Rick Dees
2. "MMMMBop" by the Hanson Brothers
3. "Hello Kitty" by Avril Lavigne
4. "Rockin Robin" by Bobby Day
5. "Achy Breaky Heart" By Billy Ray Cyrus

What are your picks for the worst song ever?

HAHA! This is a GREAT thread. I hate all music that is pop, top 40. GRRRR I hate it!!! Top 5? Hmmmm
I was about to start but I do not know the names of the songs!! HAhaha. I run out of strores that play that shi**

Who Let the Dogs Out
- no, just no

What Does the Fox Say?
- I'm sorry a fox does not go, "ding ding ding ding ding"!!!!! (I hate that song with a passion...)

Montley Crue's 'Girls Girls Girls'
- everytime I hear this I die a little inside x.x

[She's Got] The Look (Roxette, 1988) is a catchy tune, but the lyrics don't make any sense whatsoever.

There are just SO many! I remember a few years ago my husband and I couldn't take our eyes off of Nicki Minaj's music video for "Bees in the Trap" (I think that's what it's called because I'm not sure if she actually said anything besides that). It was just so bad. The factory noise that's put out for the masses gives me a headache.

I actually have a soft spot for Hanson. I don't like their music, but I have some respect for three brothers who wrote and played their own music at a time when nsync, Backstreet Boys, and other bubblegum pop acts were manufactured.

Who Let the Dogs Out
- no, just no

What Does the Fox Say?
- I'm sorry a fox does not go, "ding ding ding ding ding"!!!!! (I hate that song with a passion...)

Montley Crue's 'Girls Girls Girls'
- everytime I hear this I die a little inside x.x
its Motley Crue :)

Anything by Justin Beiber or the Crazy Frog.
I second the Justin. I only call him Beaver Beaver lmao, he needs to go.

I have a special place for Crazy Frog, it used to be my workout music in the mid 2000s <3

I could of done without the Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, 98° fad of the 90s same with Britney Spears (she's betterish now but back when just wtf)
I was at a bar recently playing pool with my 1 friend (not well, guys in the bar kept coming up to me and teasing me about it, I'm just like wtf dude, trying not to be rude since I try to avoid altercations but just wtf... anyways) and they kept playing these things and this was only two weeks ago... o_O

"Ugly Boy" from Bat Boy. It's not really the quality that makes it horrible. It's the character singing it. Shelley, the play's female lead, yells at Bat Boy/Edgar to shut up because he's making noise. Calling him names and such. And THEN she mocks her mother when the woman tries sticking up for him.

Listen for yourself:
Gets Worse After You Know The Ending

Shelley is up there with Bella Swan, Zoey Redbird, and the Teen Titans: One of those horrible, awful people you're supposed to root for.

I know virtually nothing about the children of veterinarians...But is it NORMAL for them to scream at mentally disabled people or animals? Or be so apathetic and uncaring at the idea of dogs being put down that they mock their mother for crying?

I second the Justin. I only call him Beaver Beaver lmao, he needs to go.

I have a special place for Crazy Frog, it used to be my workout music in the mid 2000s <3

Fair enough. I will admit there is one Crazy Frog song I can tolerate, but only because it's a cover of one of my favourite songs by Queen.

Just yesterday I was waiting at grocery shop and they had a tv with Nicky Minaj (did I write it right?) and most of the song was about having a big as... I wanted to cut my earso_O

I pretty much stopped caring about the Pop charts circa the early 90s.

After 1992, the Pop scene went to all that pants "Euro Dance" nonsense and generally songs with stupid lyrics that make no sense, in fact towards the end of the 80's, that's when Pop changed for the worst IMO.

Whoever bought enough copies of that Timmy Mallet song about the Polka Dot Bikini to get it to the top spot wants shooting IMO.

Also, I listened to a song by Black Box called "Ride on Time" last week, it's just as bad now as it was in the late 80's, no melody, just some screeching Banshee wailing the same lyric over and over again, and as I recall it got to UK number 1! Eh?!

Last edited:
Too many. Though for some reason this one came to mind. Me thinks Harry, J. Lo and Keith would have shown this guy the door.

Hmm. I can't name any specific songs off the top of my head that I find abhorrent, but I can honestly say that bro country (not to be confused with actual country music - there is a difference) is one of the only genres that I think this world is empirically better off without.

For those who are fortunate enough to not know what bro country is yet, it's essentially modern, watered-down pop country with some generic hard rock influences, occasional rapped vocals, whiny singing that makes the most saccharine emo acts sound virile by comparison, and completely asinine lyrics (typically about partying, beer, trucks, hard work, sex, beer, small towns, dirt roads, and beer). Florida Georgia Line would have to be the most egregious offender in this atrocious genre. One of my dad's bandmates calls it "date rape country", which I'd say sounds fairly accurate.

The reason why I despise this genre so much is mainly because it attracts the scummiest, most conformist, stupidest demographic. The absolute last kind of people I want to hang out with. Bro country was the music of choice among a lot of the douchebag rich kids in the snobby small town I went to high school in. Plus, the coffee shop that I stop in every day on the way to classes always has the bro country station playing over the PA system. It makes me want to order a hot coffee just to splash it in my own face.

To give you an idea of how formulaic and banal this tripe really is, I recall someone a couple years ago making a "mash-up" of six bro country hits and it flowed together as if it were one song. You can look it up for yourself if morbid curiosity warrants it, I've endured enough masochistic self-imposed torment for one day.

I'm gonna go listen to "Anaconda" by Nicki Minaj now.

When I shared a Canadian playlist on Facebook recently (see Happy Canada Day 150!) I assured my friends that I would not play "(Everything I Do) I Do I For You" (Bryan Adams), "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" (Crash Test Dummies), "My Heart Will Go On" (Celine Dion) or "Ironic" (Alanis Morissette). These would easily qualify for a list of worst-ever songs by Canadian artists. That's not to say that I didn't find other songs of theirs worth sharing however.

New Threads

Top Bottom