• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Songs you dislike

I'm not a fan of rap and there are certain post 80's songs that I don't care for, but the one song that I absolutely loathe is Auld Lang Syne. Ever since I was very little, it has always triggered a very negative emotional response in me. If it comes on during New Year's I switch off the radio or leave from where it's playing.

It seems to be common among autistics here to dislike rap but to be drawn to rock/metal. Or non-descript songs I've never heard of, like some sort of jazz or something.
I like rap but I can't stand most rock and I hate metal. I like rap, country, pop, and march (though not all together, although I do like country and march together). I prefer true country songs that reminds me of the actual countryside, not the depressing sort. I like the Irish country sort of music, like the Dubliners, Irish Rovers, and Richie Kavanagh. Real country music with that old-fashioned Polly Wolly Doodle or Skip To My Lou type of vibe to it, which were like pre-victorian.

I have to admit I like rap too especially comedy rap (goldie lookin chain) but I also like pop ,indie and britpop as well as old favourites like the beatles and the sex pistols-each to their own

I discovered a band called The Wrens, and those guys... well, just look at them. Despite being professional musicians, it seems like they never figured out how stop playing all spastic, and it only endears them to me more. They have two songs which are very similar; "Everyone Choose Sides", and "Hopeless". They are both based on a very monotonous melody, but the way the rest of the song moves underneath it alters the perspective and makes it fascinating, and I don't think I'd ever noticed anyone else do it to that extent. I enjoy their compositions a lot.

"The Joker" by Steve Miller Band is and has always been one of the most cringe things I have ever heard in my life. It's so obnoxious in every single way.

I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys. I don't know why, it's just so boring and non-descript, and I keep thinking they're going to sing "I want it now" instead of "that way", and the bit after it sounds like another song but don't know the name.

I don't feel like doing anything by Bruno Mars (I think). I don't know why, it just annoys me whenever it comes on. The ska-like background that just doesn't sound right in modern music.

I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys. I don't know why, it's just so boring and non-descript, and I keep thinking they're going to sing "I want it now" instead of "that way", and the bit after it sounds like another song but don't know the name.
I don’t like the Backwoods Boys (that’s how I refer to them) either. I’ve read that their music is minstrelsy.

I hate hate hated the Black eyed peas especially as a kid! their lyrics were too vulgar and it was just campy not even nostalgic 2000's hip hop pulp!

everyone says "listen to people hurting" or whatever it's called! bah!

the only song I liked when I was a kid from those idiots was "Don't Funk with my Heart".

savage.

Give Me Everything by Pitbull. I find it depressing when they say "for all we know we might not get tomorrow..." Maybe I'm just taking it out of context but to me it reminds me of people in situations such as soldiers in the war when having entertainment and not knowing if they're still going to be alive tomorrow so are "doing it" (dancing/partying) tonight.

Paparazzi by Lady Gaga. I don't know why but this song is so annoying, when she says "papa, papa-razzi" because I keep thinking she's saying papa as in father.

New Threads

Top Bottom