• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Songs you dislike

i have a love/hate relationship with this song as while it’s a good song, it’s unbelievably an earworm <_>

Pop music.

I know it's a genre, and probably includes millions of songs.

And I know people say they're catchy, but so is syphilis.

Ed

Also the song “yummy” by Justin Bieber became controversial because of the way Bieber encouraged his fans to stream the song so it would get to the number one spot on music streaming services!
The post instructed fans to, among other things, "create a playlist with 'Yummy' on repeat" with the intention of letting said playlist ride while one sleeps. The instructions also included the suggestion of utilizing a VPN service for those overseas. Chris Brown did a similar campaign in 2017 for his 45 track album “Heartbreak on a Full Moon.”

Also the song “yummy” by Justin Bieber became controversial because of the way Bieber encouraged his fans to stream the song so it would get to the number one spot on music streaming services!
The post instructed fans to, among other things, "create a playlist with 'Yummy' on repeat" with the intention of letting said playlist ride while one sleeps. The instructions also included the suggestion of utilizing a VPN service for those overseas. Chris Brown did a similar campaign in 2017 for his 45 track album “Heartbreak on a Full Moon.”
Danny Gonzalez (aka Greg) made a YouTube video detailing the saga.

apparently several music videos for the song were released, one version which was a “food fight”, mashing clips together of food fights from movies and tv shows

All I want for Christmas is you.
Can't stand that song. Gives me no Christmas spirit but it's always playing on the radio every Christmas.
I wish they'd play better Christmas classics, like I believe in Father Christmas, Stop the Cavalry, Mary's Boy Child, and In Dulci Jubilo.

I also dislike that Last Christmas song. Why sing a song about LAST Christmas, every Christmas? Lol

All I want for Christmas is you.
Can't stand that song. Gives me no Christmas spirit but it's always playing on the radio every Christmas.
I wish they'd play better Christmas classics, like I believe in Father Christmas, Stop the Cavalry, Mary's Boy Child, and In Dulci Jubilo.

I also dislike that Last Christmas song. Why sing a song about LAST Christmas, every Christmas? Lol
I'm personally fine with both (along with the four you mentioned preferring), but I understand that there are some Christmas songs that people don't like.

For me, there's a few Christmas songs I don't like - such as Mistletoe by Justin Beiber, Here Comes Santa Claus (Down Santa Claus Lane) and pretty much any Christmas song sung by a winner of X-Factor.
One in particular that I know my Mum doesn't like is A Fairytale of New York by the Pogues; she hates that one.

I don't like that one either because it's so depressing.
Agreed, although I've heard it so often since childhood that it would be weird to not hear it - especially as it's on a CD and I like to listen to all the songs in the correct order. If I don't, it stresses me out.

(If you're curious, I listen to these CDs - which are from 1996):
0_d33f6_1ca6387f_orig.jpg

Let’s see:

Push It by Salt N Peppa
That stupid Christmas donkey song
the Christmas Shoes song
Anything by Phil Collins except Easy Lover and In the Air
Anything by Justin Bieber

That’s all o can think of right now but there are many more songs.

That stupid Christmas donkey song
Which one - the "Dominick the Donkey" song, the "Little Donkey" song, both or something else?

Anything by Phil Collins except Easy Lover and In the Air
I quite like Phil Collins' music personally (especially some of his Genesis stuff like "Land of Confusion"), but I have seen plenty of people who are put off by his music as well.
Personally, I'm more put off by his performance in the children's film "Calamity the Cow" than any song he's written.

I dislike most pop music today, with that screeching singing and hand clap, drum machine sound. That's what defines most new music, I suppose. But it's just so annoying.

New Threads

Top Bottom