• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Songs you dislike

Misty Avich

I'm just angry
V.I.P Member
I dislike:-

Anti Hero by Taylor Swift, because it sounds like she's about to sing the chorus of SOS by ABBA

2002 by Annemarie, because I keep thinking she's going to sing "oops I did it again" when the chorus comes

Dance Monkey. I thought it was sung by Pinky and Perky at first

Hey Brother, because it sounds too much like the annoying song "hey good lookin' what ya got cookin'"

Can't think of any more at the moment but I do have loads. What songs do you hate?

Last edited:
Virtually every pop song ever made. Doesn't seem to matter which country it's from either. In fact I'd argue K-pop and the like are even more irritating.

To me there's something universally repugnant about such genres. Of course, they're enjoyed by millions, if not billions. Hence why they're in the popular music categories. But I have a real issue with pop-culture too.

Oh, and musicals are terrible as well.

Thing is, I love music, but even in the genres I enjoy, I'm extremely fussy.

Ed

This is a stalker/gang-stalker song that was used to intimidate me and others in a similar situation as mine.
Some radio stations are complicit in the psychological abuse.
It is establishment-sanctioned, obviously. :cool:

For the most part I hate remakes of hit songs. 9 times out of 10 the original sounds far better. There's always exceptions though, with some musicians natural talent and originality shine through.

If it's got lyrics, I dont like it.

As far as I can tell, songwriters make songs about an extremely limited selection of about 3 subjects:

1. love
2. relationships
3. how great some guy's girlfriend is

I mean good grief someone could sing about freaking carpentry and it'd be more interesting and less irritating. There are of course exceptions to this but they seem to be very few and far between. And then there are other songs that sound kinda like "BLERGH soggihpxoa fgoejkujsf" like seriously I cant understand the words because the singing distorts them too much. This is somehow even more annoying.

I just stick with video game soundtracks as a rule. No lyrics in those.

Frankly I don't spend much time mulling over much of anything- or anyone I don't like. (With one exception maybe...lol.)

I'd much prefer to itemize what I do like, though that would involve many more keystrokes. ;)

Last edited:
I don't know any of the songs named so-far in this thread, except for The Police.

That Police song has been called-out as inappropriate since the album first dropped.

I have an issue with "Don't Stand So Close to Me" - the Police song where the older male teacher picks up a young female student in his car and he's worried he won't be able to restrain his urges.

That's creeeeeeepy as heck. It's like he wants to be her father figure or something.
I won't name the "something".

All the ones I can think of are old ones. Not sure of exact names/spelling. Refuse to look them up.

Little Willie won't go Home
MacArthur Park
You can Ring my Bell
Swinging
Ballroom Blitz
The Night Chicago Died

and
Jim Dandy to the Rescue

Anything by the fascist performer, Carman. I was forced by my sister to attend three of his concerts when I was a teenager, and I hated every second of all three of them.

Pretty much most songs after 2005. A lot of repetitive lifeless rinse and repeat with zero emotion.
Been listening to retro 80’s music. The contrast is stark. There’s a lot of life in them.

20 years ago there were a lot of parents of small children that would like to have killed Billy Ray Cyrus for Achy Breaky Heart. It was a song that small children picked up easily and repeated endlessly.

20 years ago there were a lot of parents of small children that would like to have killed Billy Ray Cyrus for Achy Breaky Heart. It was a song that small children picked up easily and repeated endlessly.
And then he pimped his daughter out to Disney studios and made a mess out of her. Which is arguably a greater evil.

achy.gif

;)

I love that song too lol. I'm a huge fan of country music, and not the sad, depressing slow country music but I mean the real proper country music. I like Richie Kavanagh and Seamus Moore kind of music. Gives you that country sort of feeling.

Anyway, back to songs I dislike. I don't really like any slow love songs. I think all the music I have downloaded on my phone's mp3 player (yes, I don't have Spotify as that's for suckers) are fairly fast, and the slowest are songs like Seasons In The Sun, which isn't that slow, as I've heard slower.

New Threads

Top Bottom