• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Songs you dislike

I generally hate women singers. Not all of them, but a disproportionately high number.

Can't stand Pat Benetar or any of those big 80s women.

Add a country twang to their voice and I'd rather be eaten alive by fire ants.
I don’t like Pat Benetar either. I read she was trained as an opera singer, and her voice sounds like it.

I don’t like Madonna’s or Cyndi Lauper’s voice either.

I don't like alot of the gay anthems/bangers.

Too many gay friends, gay parties and I kept getting dragged to gay bars in my late teens early 20s. I was a reluctant fag hag.

I used to get so annoyed, I wanted to dance with straight guys and get excited I might go home with someone like my friends always seemed to...

I loved Lady Gaga until the gays butchered born this way, Fernando and G.U.Y. I liked Paparazzi and Bad Romance. Gaga's gone quiet right now, she was sexually assaulted by a producer. It's deeply upsetting...

I despise drugs and I don't care for sex but I seem to enjoy listening to songs about drugs and sex. The more sex and swearing, the better. Maybe because it has a sort of blunt aggressive vibe to it that helps me deal with my self-esteem issues, I don't know.

Heavy metal rock music seems to be most common with autistic people and people with anger/mental health problems and ADHD but I can't stand that type of music and it does nothing for me.

There are many singers' voices that I don't like. But sometimes the music in the songs doesn't sound too bad. I wonder if the songs would sound better if other singers sang them.

This song certainly has the potential to be a good one, but the lead singer's screechy falsetto ruins it:

This is certainly a good tune with good instrumentation, but Carole King's voice sounds "harsh" to me:

That Uptown Funk song. I don't know why but that song just irritates me. It's like it's supposed to sound catchy but isn't.

I also hate that Chandeliers song by Sia. Can someone tell me, is it supposed to be the same song as that Un Bel di Vedremo from Madama Butterfly song?

Most pop music. It just isn’t my thing. Then again, i listen to nine inch nails while laying in my bed in the dark so maybe I’m the weird one
I generally hate women singers. Not all of them, but a disproportionately high number.

Can't stand Pat Benetar or any of those big 80s women.

Add a country twang to their voice and I'd rather be eaten alive by fire ants.
I thought I was alone In not liking Pat benatars music lol. She seems like a nice person though

Most pop music. It just isn’t my thing. Then again, i listen to nine inch nails while laying in my bed in the dark so maybe I’m the weird one

I thought I was alone In not liking Pat benatars music lol. She seems like a nice person though
It’s true that people who may not be good singers may have great personalities and even do wonderful things outside of their careers. For instance, I don’t like the Go Go’s or the B52’s music, but they did a lot of work for animal rights.

I'm quite sensitive to music, and often if a song sounds very much like another existing song but aren't supposed to, I get crossed messages and my brain gets confused. This usually leads to an aggressive decision to hate the song.
This doesn't apply to every song that sounds like another song though. For example, the song Una Paloma La Blanca sounds a lot like The Flintstones theme song but I can let that pass, maybe because it's an old song and old songs have an excuse lol.

I dislike:-

Anti Hero by Taylor Swift, because it sounds like she's about to sing the chorus of SOS by ABBA

Flowers by Miley Cyrus

2002 by Annemarie, because I keep thinking she's going to sing "oops I did it again" when the chorus comes

Dance Monkey. I thought it was sung by Pinky and Perky at first

Hey Brother, because it sounds too much like the annoying song "hey good lookin' what ya got cookin'"

Can't think of any more at the moment but I do have loads. What songs do you hate?
Here's my hit list:

Highway to Hell---AC/DC
Pour Some Sugar on Me---Def Leppard
I Wanna Sex You Up---Color Me Badd
Gin & Juice---Snoop Dogg
What's Your Fantasy?---Ludacris
E.T.---Katy Perry
Lavender Haze---Taylor Swift

Comments, anyone?

Anything by the fascist performer, Carman. I was forced by my sister to attend three of his concerts when I was a teenager, and I hated every second of all three of them.
Carman died in 2022, so he's not a problem, unless he gets a tribute artist---which would be missing the point compeletely.

I try not to waste my time dwelling over music I dislike anymore, and try to see some value in even music genres I don't care for as it helps, when coming up with music of my own, to broaden my horizons.

That being said, I can't stand Journey's "Don't Stop Believing", Toto's "Africa" or any other song that has some unexplainable meme status to them. I also can't stand "Rude" by MAGIC! or anything by Meghan Trainor because they just flat out annoy me.

Here's my hit list:

Highway to Hell---AC/DC
Pour Some Sugar on Me---Def Leppard
I Wanna Sex You Up---Color Me Badd
Gin & Juice---Snoop Dogg
What's Your Fantasy?---Ludacris
E.T.---Katy Perry
Lavender Haze---Taylor Swift

Comments, anyone?
Personally I heavily with the first two. I have never been an AC/DC fan, Nor a Def Leppard fan

Can't stand any ACDC, Led zeppelin, and any other band that does that type of music noise. I think that kind is a love it or hate it thing. Usually I like at least one song from a band I dislike, but with those I mentioned I don't like any.

I've never been a fan of the Beatles but I like Yellow Submarine. I don't like their other songs though. But Yellow Submarine sounds more like an old Mozart-type march and the Beatles might have just copied it, so that might explain why I like the song. (Please don't correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not very knowledgeable with music and I don't like feeling stupid lol).

Meghan Trainor is all right. I like All About The Bass and that funny song she sings (can't remember what it's called).

I don't actually keep a list of songs I don't like.
I'd rather think about the ones I enjoy.

I find this song extremely cringey. I don’t like most of her music, but I feel for what she’s been through. She’s rather low in the musical talent department in my opinion. I think she’s a better dancer than singer.

Last edited:
I find this song extremely cringey. I don’t like most of her music, but I feel for what she’s been through. She’s rather low in the musical talent department in my opinion. I think she’s a better dancer than singer.

Yes, forget about Britney Spears. I’ve read her music is minstrelsy, too.

This is how you remind me - Nickleback

That song got played on the radio several times an hour at my place of employment when it was a big hit. And I hated it every single time.

New Threads

Top Bottom