• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Songs you dislike

I have too many bad memories with this song. It's the perfect song for narcissists/abusers to manipulate people with.

Yeah, there might have been a time when I would let you slip away
I wouldn't even try but I think you could save my life

Just don't give up, I'm workin' it out
Please don't give in, I won't let you down
It messed me up, need a second to breathe
Just keep coming around
Hey, whataya want from me (whataya want from me)
Whataya want from me
Whataya want from me (whataya want from me)

Me! Me!! ME!!! :rolleyes:

I know it's late 90s/early 2000s but I dislike that Britney Spears song Hit Me Baby One More Time because of the way she keeps shouting "siiiiiiiiign" before she sings the title. It gets annoying.

This Taylor Swift song,annoying as hell.My husband even hates it for the same reason

I hate that song as well. I'm not sure why, because it sounds like the sort of song I'd like. But I think I just don't like songs that say the word "shake" too much.

I've now come to like Flowers by Miley Cyrus. I think I just disliked it at first because it kept getting stuck in my head. Now it's grown on me and I've downloaded it on to my phone.

That Uptown Funk song. I don't know why but that song just irritates me. It's like it's supposed to sound catchy but isn't.

I also hate that Chandeliers song by Sia. Can someone tell me, is it supposed to be the same song as that Un Bel di Vedremo from Madama Butterfly song?
My brother likes uptown funk and if there is anything he likes, then some stuff is really annoying. I do not like uptown funk
And I also hate chandeliers by sia, it is very annoying and I always found it annoying and I used to hate a lot of sia because some of her songs in the past were sad for me like breathe me and my love and dark. I actually got a bit annoyed by like some of her fight songs like unstoppable but honestly if I had a down moment i did listen to unstoppable and I won't give up
But now I like her lyrics of some songs a lot now I get them
I think she is unbelievably talented and her voice is just beautiful, I always thought her voice was just divine like Kate miller heidke and that is why when I first found her I was intrigued by her.
The only annoying thing is she has become so common place everyone knows her

I try not to waste my time dwelling over music I dislike anymore, and try to see some value in even music genres I don't care for as it helps, when coming up with music of my own, to broaden my horizons.

That being said, I can't stand Journey's "Don't Stop Believing", Toto's "Africa" or any other song that has some unexplainable meme status to them. I also can't stand "Rude" by MAGIC! or anything by Meghan Trainor because they just flat out annoy me.
Africa by Toto is one of my favourite songs ever
You know I will always love that one

I do not like ariana grande, camilla Carmelo, most Shawn mendes, most pink i like a few songs and some I can bear
I never used to like Sam smith but his songs have gotten better I think,
And I never really was a big adele fan but think she has an amazing voice
And..
Lanterns birds of tokyo
Foo fighters
Most blink 182
Bang bang by Ariana grande, jessie J, nikki minag
What does the fox say
Hey jude is a bit annoying by the beatles, my dad feels the same
Funhouse by pink

That Bruno Mars song Grenade. It's a true ear worm and it seems like faveyupoqhjgsbjuhsggthdbtgabufdrpcatch a grenaaaaade for you...

Ugh, I don't know why but it's just so annoying.

That Bruno Mars song Grenade. It's a true ear worm and it seems like faveyupoqhjgsbjuhsggthdbtgabufdrpcatch a grenaaaaade for you...

Ugh, I don't know why but it's just so annoying.
Not sure if it's meant to be ironic, but that guy's back catalogue screams high maintenance male. Like "mate, chill, stop being so intense, it scares people".

Anti Hero by Taylor Swift, because it sounds like she's about to sing the chorus of SOS by ABBA
That song gave me a bad feeling. It 's great to have music that feels like it speaks to you, but a lot of teenage girls reactions to this were "oh my god, she's right, I can associate, I'm the problem, I hate me". Not sure if it was therapeutic or enabling TBH.

The other one that bugs me is Watermelon Sugar. When he had a concert here all the kids were waiting at the bus stop for the ride to the gig singing this song. There's something pretty sad at seeing 10 year old girls singing this completely oblivious to what this adult is on about. He knows a massive chunk of his fanbase are kids. Can't understand why he'd think it was cool for them to be singing this. Also, really, watermelon sugar? Please.

Wonderwall by Oasis is one of my top hated. There’s just something about his voice that grates on me.

Also “hick-hop.” It’s basically rap but with a southern accent and country lyrics. “Don’t touch my truck” is a great/horrible example.

Lewis Capaldi - Pointless

Culture Club - Karma Chameleon

I always find myself reaching for the "change channel" button whenever either of those songs comes on.

New Threads

Top Bottom