• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Songs you dislike

There are lots of songs I dislike. Probably too many to name.

I do agree about “MacArthur Park.” The lyrics are bad, too.

Rammstein.
Shouty hard rock, and very edgy.

Oops...
This was meant to be in the "What songs I like" thread. :p

Sorry, Misty, country music isn't one of my favourite genres.

I like music but it isn't a huge interest of mine. :cool:

Rammstein.
Shouty hard rock, and very edgy.

Oops...
This was meant to be in the "What songs I like" thread. :p

Sorry, Misty, country music isn't one of my favourite genres.

I like music but it isn't a huge interest of mine. :cool:
Lol that's all right, not everyone likes the same thing. I hate heavy metal music but my husband likes it.

Music isn't a big interest of mine either. I just like to listen to a wide variation of songs, except heavy metal. I don't see that as music, just stupid unappealing noise.

Country music is something a lot of people either love or hate. I like Irish songs or Tennessee/Texas songs, as it seems to associate with country music.

i used to belong to a band that played country music in those horrible drug/alcohol days of mine
but iv never lost the knack for singing in a country style accent and i do have a country bumpkin accent crossed with slight german accent even tho i come from london essex in a british family

i dont swear and i dont like hearing about sex or drugs EXCEPT when listening to rap music because i love rap music so i make an exception there

Lol that's all right, not everyone likes the same thing.
Oh.
Noted. :cool:

I am having difficulty identifying songs I actively dislike.
I find that "interesting". :cool:

But as I said, music isn't a big part of my life.

We have the radio on at work that plays the same variety of songs each day, and they play a lot I hate, like the ones I mentioned in the OP. It's even worse when you have to hear the same songs you hate every day! But we only have one radio station at work and there are songs on there that I do like too.

I can't say I hate any songs from the 1970s, except that "Freak Out" song. There might be others from the 70s I dislike but in my opinion the 70s were the best decade for music. I like the 90s of course, as it's the decade I lived the first 10 years of my life, but often 90s songs I dislike play on the radio at work.

The 80s is a mixed bag, some songs were good but a lot were lame, in my opinion only. Music got good in the early 2000s, which was just as well because by then I was at the peak age where music is a trendy interest (the adolescent years).

Sometimes ballads can make me think shut that song down. Like the Hero song. Country songs that the same syrupy sound, words, voice.

I generally hate women singers. Not all of them, but a disproportionately high number.

Can't stand Pat Benetar or any of those big 80s women.

Add a country twang to their voice and I'd rather be eaten alive by fire ants.

Virtually every pop song ever made. Doesn't seem to matter which country it's from either. In fact I'd argue K-pop and the like are even more irritating.

It's tough to find a good K-pop song, and I don't swing the boy group way so they're out no matter the nationality. I've found a few girl group songs I like though, and at a time when the west is pushing grotesque bodies, it's refreshing to see singers that look good (to me). Sir Mix-a-Lot may like big butts, but I'm not into it, especially the ones that are pumped up with silicone.

As far as songs I don't like, if the singer's name ends in "Cyrus" I don't want to hear it. And there's not much western music I like after 2000, when the industry brought back pop but took all the musical complexity out of it. I was tired of the eighties when the nineties rolled in, but listening to those songs now, they're far more crafty than the newer stuff.

This is probably a very unpopular opinion, and more of a rant post, but I hate pretty much everything by Taylor Swift. There are a couple of songs of hers that I can tolerate, but her music epitomizes everything I hate about modern pop music, and her rabid fans epitomize everything I hate about suburban "mean girls."
Every Taylor Swift fan I've known personally in real life has had a very unhealthy parasocial obsession with her and it really bothered me.
So, it's not just her music that I hate, it's what she has come to represent in my life.
But I feel like this is a really hot take, and I'm almost afraid to post it publicly lol because she's one of the most successful celebrities of all time, and I'm apparently one of the only people who dislikes her this vocally.

Not surprisingly, I also can't stand Katy Perry, and I would even venture to say she has written some of the most annoying songs in modern history, both lyrically and compositionally.

I'm not a fan of anything by Justin Bieber either. People never believe me when I say this (because most women my age have had a Justin Bieber phase) but I have always thought he was extremely overrated and generic. When I first heard his music I didn't really think anything differentiated him from Aaron Carter or Jesse McCartney or whatever teenage male pop idol came before either of them.

I don't like any generic young female vocalists because they all sound exactly the same. Not a big fan of Doja Cat or Cardi B either.

Other than that, for songs I don't like in general, I can definitely come up with a long and detailed list. The past decade has created some of the absolute worst songs of all time, in my opinion. Especially from 2016 to present day. I can't even listen to the radio anymore, and I'm not exaggerating.
A lot of recent songs really irritate me, but some of them are funny to laugh at so I will probably share a few here at some point.

If anyone is curious about what kind of music I *do* like, I listen to mostly folk music, metal, EDM (and most of its subgenres), foreign-language music, and occasionally rap. And a lot of lesser-known artists or ones that are not as popular in my country.
I do unironically like a lot of Eurovision songs lol but they tend to be more in the folk/ethnic category, not so much the showy pop ones.

Sorry for unloading that angry rant lol, but I saw "songs you dislike" and couldn't hold back from expressing my distaste for artists I don't like. This is something I've discussed a lot on here though, and I've definitely posted multiple times about the downfall of pop music and how I very much blame tiktok for it.
About ten years ago, I could go on YouTube or iTunes and find hundreds of songs I liked, nowadays I'm lucky if I can add a song or two to a playlist twice a month. I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way.

Not so much certain songs I can't stand as much as certain genres.
I don't like and can't stand to listen to country, rap and hip-hop.

The best decade of my life was the 80's and I still listen to those songs when driving.
At home I mostly listen to ambient music and nature sounds that are relaxing.
Only music with lyrics I listen to at home is Enya.

As far as naming a few I hear on the radio a lot are: The Police- Don't Stand so Close to Me. Certainly in agreement there.
I like most anything Bon Jovi except Living on a Prayer.
And Aerosmith except for - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing.

Dislikes: Contemporary pop music in general. R&B, soul, hip hop, rap, house, country. Most but not all alternative (some is ok).

This is probably a very unpopular opinion, and more of a rant post, but I hate pretty much everything by Taylor Swift. There are a couple of songs of hers that I can tolerate, but her music epitomizes everything I hate about modern pop music, and her rabid fans epitomize everything I hate about suburban "mean girls."
Every Taylor Swift fan I've known personally in real life has had a very unhealthy parasocial obsession with her and it really bothered me.
So, it's not just her music that I hate, it's what she has come to represent in my life.
But I feel like this is a really hot take, and I'm almost afraid to post it publicly lol because she's one of the most successful celebrities of all time, and I'm apparently one of the only people who dislikes her this vocally.
I don't like Taylor Swift either. Especially the anti-hero song. Such ridiculous lyrics.

Not surprisingly, I also can't stand Katy Perry, and I would even venture to say she has written some of the most annoying songs in modern history, both lyrically and compositionally.
I like some of her songs, except the "I kissed a girl" song, probably because some prick made a parody of it "I peed in the pool" which I hate, hate, HATE.
Sorry for unloading that angry rant lol, but I saw "songs you dislike" and couldn't hold back from expressing my distaste for artists I don't like.
That's what this thread is for lol.
And I'm sure Taylor Swift is too rich to worry if a few people dislike her lol.

And I hate that "Sometimes I want to throw my hands up in the air" song (don't know what it's called exactly or who sings it but it's often on the radio). In the middle of the song there's a bit where it just plays weird eerie-type music that reminds me of the type of background music you'd hear on certain videogames where you're exploring buildings and shooting zombies.

Sounds like I'm lucky to barely know who any of these post-2000 western musicians are.

Enya's early albums are great, but she's been phoning it in with her recent work. Actually I think her first album, "The Celts," was the best and she fell off a little with each following album.

New Threads

Top Bottom