• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Socially awkward men mistreated by women

Status
Not open for further replies.

megacomic

Just that awkward guy.
I'm not saying all the time but sometimes women treat socially awkward men like garbage but are never called out or vilified for it. Often they might even get a few laughs. And I'm not talking about mistreating socially awkward jerks but men who are shy or friendly but socially inept.

I agree that being mean to somebody for that is bad. Gender should be irrelevant.

However, some people equate being rejected to being mistreated, which I don't think is true. On multiple forums I see men vilify women because they aren't romantically/sexually into them. Of course it happens the other way around too, but men vilifying women for rejecting them is more common. I get how it's frustrating and disheartening when someone you like isn't into you, but at the same time people don't have much control on who they're attracted to.

I agree that being mean to somebody for that is bad. Gender should be irrelevant.

However, some people equate being rejected to being mistreated, which I don't think is true. On multiple forums I see men vilify women because they aren't romantically/sexually into them. Of course it happens the other way around too, but men vilifying women for rejecting them is more common. I get how it's frustrating and disheartening when someone you like isn't into you, but at the same time people don't have much control on who they're attracted to.
Im not talking about romantically. I dont even pursue romantic relationships. Though I guess some women would just assume I'm interested in them when I'm not. I just noticed when Im awkward with other guys they dont really seem to mind but if Im awkward with a woman I get insulted or made fun of.

I have definitely been mistreated by women and I don't mean simple rejection. I get rejection because I have also rejected women that I haven't been interested in so turnabout is fair play. However, I had a female coworker try to actively sabotage my job. That is clear mistreatment. Turns out she was issued a write up for it and counseled but I did not get the apology that I felt was due.

Im not talking about romantically. I dont even pursue romantic relationships. Though I guess some women would just assume I'm interested in them when I'm not. I just noticed when Im awkward with other guys they dont really seem to mind but if Im awkward with a woman I get insulted or made fun of.

I'm sorry. That isn't right. They're jerks.

I have definitely been mistreated by women and I don't mean simple rejection. I get rejection because I have also rejected women that I haven't been interested in so turnabout is fair play. However, I had a female coworker try to actively sabotage my job. That is clear mistreatment. Turns out she was issued a write up for it and counseled but I did not get the apology that I felt was due.

That is definitely mistreatment. I wasn't trying to say that there isn't mistreatment aimed at socially awkward guys, I think there's lots of it in our society. Gender expectations have a bit to do with it, I think.

I think that guys are less likely to get a pass for it since men are expected to be the aggressive, bold initiators. This isn't to say women don't get trouble for it too, but it's generally more socially acceptable for women to be quiet and awkward, especially if they're "cute".

Yeah at the job I had in college six of my female coworkers called me into the break room (this was a setup I had no knowledge this meeting was even happening) to have an intervention about my awkward withdrawn behaviors. Because the best way to approach a withdrawn individual is to have a surprise intervention with six of your friends and ask him why he's so quiet.

Yeah at the job I had in college six of my female coworkers called me into the break room (this was a setup I had no knowledge this meeting was even happening) to have an intervention about my awkward withdrawn behaviors. Because the best way to approach a withdrawn individual is to have a surprise intervention with six of your friends and ask him why he's so quiet.
Did you report this to HR? This could easily be construed as workplace harassment.

Example? She just shows hostility out of blue or he tried to approach for something?

I have lots to say on the topis, but afraid this will fuel a war between genders and i might into bad standing, its not politically correct to say truth.

Interesting thread. I find that women near my age treat me poorly or judge more then men my age. I have been able to make friends with some men and they treat me fairly well and accept me. I really don't have any female friends around my age that I talk with. Unless I know them through a friend - in which case any conversation is quite bland and fake. On the other hand, there are several women much older than me that I get along with pretty well. I actually enjoy talking with them on occasion and I generally hate talking. So I'm thinking the poor treatment from younger women has to do with equating awkwardness with creepiness. Since men are sometimes awkward with women if they like them, but maybe not with women they are not interested in. But we aspies are awkward with all. Who knows, I could be wrong. It is unfortunate because the very people that could help me the most with my self-confidence and happiness are these same people that treat me poorly. Maybe this is b/c I cannot get female friendship so it is an unmet need. Women generally are viewed as the more caring and understanding gender, yet we male aspies are denied this along with so many other things in life.

I have been on the receiving end of harassment from both men and women. I don't think it's gender specific, I think it's just those individuals have a combination of inferiority complexes combined with above average social skills. The individual with inferior social skills, regardless of gender, becomes an easy target.

I just don't have the brain to figure out why people are so mean to each other. If you figure it out please post it.
You dont want to be defying stereotypes on this forum soon this thread will be overrun buy bunch of women who will say you misogynist and they probably report you to admin for a permanent ban this how things run in our society no one likes truth.
If you want an definite answer please google "Men rights movement" or "Migtow", there's tons of explanations.

Seriously, mate. Stop being such a dick. Feminism is about gender equality, not dominance. Women deserve equal opportunities and treatment as men as a fundamental human right. Men still have the upper hand. "Men's Rights" is just a bunch of wet, ineffectual men who can't accept progress or equality.

Totally agreed and I've had to deal with it myself, but men can be just as bad, and they target much the same (perceived) insecurities.

As someone who has been treated crappy by both guys and girls sometimes, I'm not really biased favorably for either gender. I have seen my male friend be treated nicely by girls and he can be socially awkward, so I think it can depend on the pool of people you're around.

You dont want to be defying stereotypes on this forum soon this thread will be overrun buy bunch of women who will say you misogynist and they probably report you to admin for a permanent ban this how things run in our society no one likes truth.
If you want an definite answer please google "Men rights movement" or "Migtow", there's tons of explanations.

It depends on what you consider "truth". Most people consider their opinions to be absolute truth, when in reality it's a gray area.

Seriously, mate. Stop being such a dick. Feminism is about gender equality, not dominance. Women deserve equal opportunities and treatment as men as a fundamental human right. Men still have the upper hand. "Men's Rights" is just a bunch of wet, ineffectual men who can't accept progress or equality.

That's a bit harsh IMO. I think both feminism and men's rights movements have valid points that we should consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom