• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

[+poll:7d]My first message and my interests

What did you think about this first post?(about the structure, not if you liked it or not)

• Great. Great structure of the introduction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Superb! I love intros like this one in the structure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Autwhichistic

Hi all.

I am new here. My interests are:
* Wikidata
** Entering lots of data. Lots of interesting properties to use to enter data with. Connected 1 time with an aspie who is a "Wikidata god" and also an "OpenStreetMap god"(at least in his 'category' or geographical region)
** Mix'n'match, I have some experience with that and as a concept: very interesting!
* Wikimedia projects
* Wikiversity
** Any learning that is experimental and coming up with new ideas. Any non-standard learning process. The future of the internet, how we will learn in the future.
* Neurodiversity: Bipolar, Borderline, Autism. Learning and interacting with people who have various brain structures that are connected with Neurodiversity as a movement and/or are Neurodivergent as part of their identity
* Mania, learning and finding out what it is while having my own thoughts/theories what it might be. Learning from people with empirical experience.
* Interactive streaming sites: ie. Twitch.
** Streaming site mechanics: how a streaming site combats trolls and spammers by using anti-spam measures.
* Linux, using the system itself. Learning about secure Operating Systems that are based on Linux.
** Free as in Freedom philosophy
** Open Source philosophy
* Cryptocurrencies and their role in society etc.

I think I should not go on cause my interests sometimes intersect with other interests making them even more "potent". Sometimes I might try to use techniques so that I can 'bridge' my special interest with another individual's special interest but this is so abstract it's probably not worth going on about and I might be manic right now too, which makes very excited. When I get back to my normal mood I might look at this and start thinking:

"What did I just write!?"

Also I am drug-free and alcohol-free(mostly, unless people want to drink a beer or two, although by choice and if they respect me I'd probably drink water).

If I get excited in almost a "mania like" state, there is no "drug cause" or "alcohol cause". I don't even know if I have mania, I'm trying to learn about it. I have met some people with Bipolar, and I think in my family tree or relative tree, there are a bunch with ASD and possibly Bipolar as well. That's my "Neurodivergence" in such a case :)

Here I'm hoping to connect with Twitch streamers if any of you do that sort of thing. Not all have good experiences from streaming sites so I have respect for those of you who think that Twitch is the worst of the worst on planet earth.

What I like with Twitch in comparison to YouTube is that one can easily sort by Twitch tags for various things: ie. Bipolar, Autism, Autistic(yes they have 2 separate tags for the diagnosis and the identity), ADHD, Borderline, Dissociative(I don't remember the whole tag since I'm not too familiar with that concept yet). You can ask me questions to learn more, I'd also like to add that I joined the site with another aspie friend.

P.S.

I'm crazy about polls so if you've been monitoring Twitch for a while and you are aware of some autistic or Neurodivergent person who is in love with polls it might be me :)

Hi there, on the topic of bipolar, I actually once heard of an Autistic woman who was misdiagnosed as bipolar, she had Autistic children and got tested to see if she was Autistic herself, but they misdiagnosed her as bipolar instead; later she got tested again and this time was diagnosed as actually Autistic.

** Free as in Freedom philosophy
What’s “Freedom philosophy?”

If you don’t mind me making one small, sort of nitpicky critique of your intro, I kind of prefer dashes to asterisks.

What I like with Twitch in comparison to YouTube is that one can easily sort by Twitch tags for various things: ie. Bipolar, Autism, Autistic(yes they have 2 separate tags for the diagnosis and the identity), ADHD, Borderline, Dissociative(I don't remember the whole tag since I'm not too familiar with that concept yet). You can ask me questions to learn more, I'd also like to add that I joined the site with another aspie friend.

Honestly I've found WAY more content in general that is about those topics on Youtube than Twitch.

I dont think Twitch is the worst thing ever, but I do think it has just about the worst VARIETY ever. Which is to say, almost none at all. It started off as a VERY focused site, and... it never evolved. If anything it seems to have actually stagnated more.

Well, that and there's the fact that Twitch fries stream videos after a time. They stick around for good on Youtube. I mean really I cant check out a video of a stream when it doesnt exist anymore....

I dont stream myself as I cant see any use for that but I do make videos (particularly recently) about various topics.

I didn't read it. Sorry. Too much to take in. But welcome! I am sure we will get to know you better as time goes by.:)

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. Seems like you'll fit in fine. I appreciated that you broke up the text to make it more readable. I chose the second option not your quiz. Sounds like you have some absorbing interests! That's great!

:bee::seedling::sunflower::beetle::herb::bug::mapleleaf::blossom:

That much text and ideas is usually very hard to manage. Especially if it doesn't cover things in our own interest areas. But you write well enough to keep it interesting.

welcome to af.png

Welcome.

:)

I skimmed through the post.

It came across as a kind of journal entry. It is a simple, but not particularly deep list, in which you make notes about yourself & how you define yourself via interactions with social media.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. I'm not tech literate. So most of what you wrote I only kinda know what it is, I have a smart phone from the drug store, its great. I like wikipedia's though if that's what you are talking about.

No worries, there are folks here that are more like you, but they are kinda shy.

How about a topic to use all your skills on? Then do a thread on it and other folks will likely participate. I think I am like the only Luddite on here, everyone else seems to be very modern, I literally make stone tools, so we might not have much in common.

Of course you might actually be able to teach me things. I pay people to do that, in actual dollars. I got PayPal and I ordered a video game, and it actually arrived, and it worked! I did it all myself.

Thirty years ago the world was very different.

Anyways welcome to the forum, there is a blog feature here that's free. Also please be kind, and polite. I am going to do your poll

How about a topic to use all your skills on? Then do a thread on it and other folks will likely participate. I think I am like the only Luddite on here, everyone else seems to be very modern, I literally make stone tools, so we might not have much in common.

I wouldn’t mind learning to make stone tools in the future; right now though, I’m focusing looking for work and my future wife, and learning the basics of homesteading, it’ll be sometime before I can explore something like, stone tool making.

New Threads

Top Bottom