• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

MBTI

I've never taken this before but this is very interesting. I got INTJ but my judging score was so low (1%) the result was either INTJ or INTP.

Two INTJs. That sounds fun. Is it common for two people on the spectrum to be together? I feel like being with neurotypicals has done nothing but drain me and make me feel awful because they never try to understand me, so I've been alone for a long time now.

It's very interesting, a bit challenging to be honest. We both like solitude, we work in the IT sector, although I'm more introvert than him. He's more methodical and logical than me, while I'm daydreaming :p

It's very interesting, a bit challenging to be honest. We both like solitude, we work in the IT sector, although I'm more introvert than him. He's more methodical and logical than me, while I'm daydreaming :p
I feel like logicals and daydreamers go well together.

I feel like logicals and daydreamers go well together.

To answer your previous questions.

No, it's not that common for 2 aspies to be together, especially like us. For example, I have high EQ a.k.a too much empathy, while him.. very, very low eq. He can sit for days playing with Lego (serious building from scratch and only what he can imagine), while me I can't stand them. Also, I have sensory issues and I can't live and work somewhere that my surroundings are messy or dirty, but I don't have OCD. Him.. oh boy! His office is a mess, and it says that this mess gives his brain a break. Oh, and something last. I don't know if it's important for Aspies or not, but he had his IQ tested recently (for the 2nd time) and it showed 167. He is 34 y.o

Also, we don't fight, we disagree. And believe me, we disagree on a lot of things, but truly non important. The best part of our strange relationship? We think alike, we finish each other's sentences, we have the same twisted sense of humour, we can talk without even speak. Silence is very much appreciated if there's any between us, we embrace it. And although we disagree on a lot of things, I know that I'll never find someone like him again, he's like my missing piece of my puzzle. It fits perfect. We've been together for 6 years btw

No, it's not that common for 2 aspies to be together, especially like us.

I don't think that's entirely true. In certain areas of work it is apparently. For instance, in the Cambridge Science park near to where I live, I have friends working there and they say that about half the people are on the Autistic Spectrum. That seems a crazy amount of people, so I don't know if they're correct. But there has to be couples that are 2 Aspies, just by the number of Aspies working there. My doctor told me the same (about how many are actively recruited in the IT, science and academic fields in this town). Also, I recall reading some research into why children of parents working at MIT or some other scientific institutions have a very high number of Autistic children compared to the average population. It was found that the parents themselves were on the Spectrum or at least that, for the ones not official diagnosed, that they both exhibited many Autistic characteristics.

I realise it's in a selected community that I am talking about. Personally, I am not a scientist, but most of my friends are either scientists or artists (visual and musical). I am a composer. I wish to find an Aspie partner, as a believe a lot of understanding can exist between them, even if practicalities might be hard (sensory overload etc) - I am just fed up of having to explain myself all the time to NTs who rely on non-verbal communication, take offense so easily, often are irrational, play social games etc. (I'm not bashing NTs, even if it sounds like it - Aspies can be equally irritating I suppose)!

I don't think that's entirely true. In certain areas of work it is apparently. For instance, in the Cambridge Science park near to where I live, I have friends working there and they say that about half the people are on the Autistic Spectrum. That seems a crazy amount of people, so I don't know if they're correct. But there has to be couples that are 2 Aspies, just by the number of Aspies working there. My doctor told me the same (about how many are actively recruited in the IT, science and academic fields in this town). Also, I recall reading some research into why children of parents working at MIT or some other scientific institutions have a very high number of Autistic children compared to the average population. It was found that the parents themselves were on the Spectrum or at least that, for the ones not official diagnosed, that they both exhibited many Autistic characteristics.

I realise it's in a selected community that I am talking about. Personally, I am not a scientist, but most of my friends are either scientists or artists (visual and musical). I am a composer. I wish to find an Aspie partner, as a believe a lot of understanding can exist between them, even if practicalities might be hard (sensory overload etc) - I am just fed up of having to explain myself all the time to NTs who rely on non-verbal communication, take offense so easily, often are irrational, play social games etc. (I'm not bashing NTs, even if it sounds like it - Aspies can be equally irritating I suppose)!

All kinds of people can be irritating as well. Keep that in mind though that you shouldn't wait for an Aspie to understand you (even though you're an Aspie). People in general are very much different from each other.

All kinds of people can be irritating as well. Keep that in mind though that you shouldn't wait for an Aspie to understand you (even though you're an Aspie). People in general are very much different from each other.
Being different is OK. But it's beyond doubt that NTs are more inclined to naturally process in one way and AS people in another way.
Processing the world in an NT way is great for other NTs, my while family is NT and my ex is, we were together for 8 years. I can see that there's a common communication compatibility between them all, but I don't have it. Whereas, for the first time in my life, I discovered Aspergers this year, got diagnosed and met other Aspies, and it's so much easier communicating with them. Of course not all of them, just majority.

Of course, I'm generalising. Personality types like INTJ etc and past experiences count too.
But in terms of 'operating systems' it's just easier running a Windows designed program on a Windows pc than on a Mac and not all programs are cross compatible ;-)

No, it's not that common for 2 aspies to be together, especially like us. For example, I have high EQ a.k.a too much empathy, while him.. very, very low eq. He can sit for days playing with Lego (serious building from scratch and only what he can imagine), while me I can't stand them. Also, I have sensory issues and I can't live and work somewhere that my surroundings are messy or dirty, but I don't have OCD. Him.. oh boy! His office is a mess, and it says that this mess gives his brain a break. Oh, and something last. I don't know if it's important for Aspies or not, but he had his IQ tested recently (for the 2nd time) and it showed 167. He is 34 y.o
I figured it could be kinda tough. But I think it's better to have someone that understands somewhat. I have SPD too... And it causes a lot of issues with the people around me.

New Threads

Top Bottom