• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

MBTI

Also, we don't fight, we disagree. And believe me, we disagree on a lot of things, but truly non important. The best part of our strange relationship? We think alike, we finish each other's sentences, we have the same twisted sense of humour, we can talk without even speak. Silence is very much appreciated if there's any between us, we embrace it. And although we disagree on a lot of things, I know that I'll never find someone like him again, he's like my missing piece of my puzzle. It fits perfect. We've been together for 6 years btw
Well, then that doesn't sound rough at all actually. Haha.

I don't think that's entirely true. In certain areas of work it is apparently. For instance, in the Cambridge Science park near to where I live, I have friends working there and they say that about half the people are on the Autistic Spectrum. That seems a crazy amount of people, so I don't know if they're correct. But there has to be couples that are 2 Aspies, just by the number of Aspies working there. My doctor told me the same (about how many are actively recruited in the IT, science and academic fields in this town). Also, I recall reading some research into why children of parents working at MIT or some other scientific institutions have a very high number of Autistic children compared to the average population. It was found that the parents themselves were on the Spectrum or at least that, for the ones not official diagnosed, that they both exhibited many Autistic characteristics.

I realise it's in a selected community that I am talking about. Personally, I am not a scientist, but most of my friends are either scientists or artists (visual and musical). I am a composer. I wish to find an Aspie partner, as a believe a lot of understanding can exist between them, even if practicalities might be hard (sensory overload etc) - I am just fed up of having to explain myself all the time to NTs who rely on non-verbal communication, take offense so easily, often are irrational, play social games etc. (I'm not bashing NTs, even if it sounds like it - Aspies can be equally irritating I suppose)!
I have to agree with you. I need someone who understands what it's like not just know that I have it and still continue to fight against the way I have to do things. I have one other aspie friend and we actually dated for a long while, in high school, but neither of us knew we had it back then.

What does the -A part mean? I've only ever done the Jung one and got INTJ without the -A.
A=assertive and T=turbulent
Most tests don't have that but it's just a 5th identifier to show how confident you are in your decision making and abilities. I'm an INTJ -T.

Also, assertives just appear more relaxed in situations and don't push themselves in goal making. Whereas, Turbulents can get stressed easily and push themselves more.

INTJ ...I 59%, N 94%, T 3%, J 31% ....Cheryl swears I am a INFJ....:p, I am not sure why? maybe because I am a little empathic?

Art of all kinds, making things, and some nuclear stuff :innocent::rocket:

Sigh! that's about all I should say I guess?:(

Awesome. We're the more erratic of INTJs.
Just out of interest, were you diagnosed as an adult? I think that being diagnosed (just last month) as an adult has meant that I grew up not having a more certain idea of whether my actions or words were appropriate and why I was different. I think that can add to the -T element perhaps.

ISTJ the last 3 times I took it, probably bordering on N but the IxTJ portion is spot on. The shift from 'N' to 'S' makes a big difference apparently, but ISTJ's are no less capable than their INTJ counterparts. Just...a different way of going about things I guess.

I really don't like tests such as this since they're too narrow, but that's what it gives me every time so yeah...

Last edited:
INTJ ...I 59%, N 94%, T 3%, J 31% ....Cheryl swears I am a INFJ....:p, I am not sure why? maybe because I am a little empathic?

Art of all kinds, making things, and some nuclear stuff :innocent::rocket:

Sigh! that's about all I should say I guess?:(
Who is Cheryl?
And maybe it's because INFJ is the rarest type and you are rare to her [emoji4]

Who is Cheryl?
And maybe it's because INFJ is the rarest type and you are rare to her [emoji4]
Cheryl is a long time AC friend here...she loves the MBTI stuff to death.
I think I am more INTJ....but I seem to have rare form of being empathic perhaps a by a form of Synistheseia...it is hard to explain. Basically my I can feel my logic and it calculations like a wind in my mind...Empathic calculations....except emotions do not control me.
She does think I am rare ...I am a bit of a crusader for helping others and fixing the world ....but still very much a INTJ.
However my T is only 3% so maybe it is a even split?

I am a very strong pattern visual savant? type aspie somewhat like Temple I guess?

I am not sure I fit properly in any category?:confused:
One of a kind? maybe?

Yes, as an adult. But I was in therapy as a child because I never interacted with anyone or talked at all. Being a female I guess hindered any kind of diagnoses. I also had a very unstable and traumatic childhood and I was in the system for a while, so I think they just attributed my weird behavior to that.

I agree though. I never understood why I seemed so "different", for lack of a better term, especially compared to other females. I never understood why I was bullied so hard, even by teachers. The same for my brother, who I know is ASD as well but he refuses to believe it. Or why I'm so brutally honest and no one likes it haha.

Just out of interest, were you diagnosed as an adult? I think that being diagnosed (just last month) as an adult has meant that I grew up not having a more certain idea of whether my actions or words were appropriate and why I was different. I think that can add to the -T element perhaps.

ISTJ the last 3 times I took it, probably bordering on N but the IxTJ portion is spot on. The shift from 'N' to 'S' makes a big difference apparently, but ISTJ's are no less capable than their INTJ counterparts. Just...a different way of going about things I guess.

I really don't like tests such as this since they're too narrow, but that's what it gives me every time so yeah...
Mbti is not based on the 4 letters solely, it's primarily based on the cognitive function stacks each type has. Your type doesn't ever change and you can't switch from one type to another.

Cheryl is a long time AC friend here...she loves the MBTI stuff to death.
I think I am more INTJ....but I seem to have rare form of being empathic perhaps a by a form of Synistheseia...it is hard to explain. Basically my I can feel my logic and it calculations like a wind in my mind...Empathic calculations....except emotions do not control me.
She does think I am rare ...I am a bit of a crusader for helping others and fixing the world ....but still very much a INTJ.
However my T is only 3% so maybe it is a even split?

I am a very strong pattern visual savant? type aspie somewhat like Temple I guess?

I am not sure I fit properly in any category?:confused:
One of a kind? maybe?
It's good that you are empathetic. You probably have more friends that way haha.

New Threads

Top Bottom