• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is there such a thing as an Aspie that believes in God or love New Age?

No offense taken.
I am also well versed in many sciences and rely almost solely on logic and reason to make any assessment or decision in life. Properly understood, there is no internal conflict between logic, science, the Bible, and God.
QUOTE]

My mother is neurotypical; she's been in a cult for 40 years. It was my grandfather, who was probably an Aspie himself, who taught me that the only valid faith was the one that passed the test of logic- because God, who created the universe (and mathemathics), cannot be a God of chaos and confusion. I explored other spiritual traditions but kept coming back to my grandfather's Christian faith because it is the most logical to me.

However, I do have an imagination and enjoyed fairy tales as much as any little girl. Still do; I write them, in fact, because fairies are sparkly and pretty and a good mental exercise for an Aspie.

No offense taken.

I believe in God, the God of Christianity and the Bible. I am also well versed in many sciences and rely almost solely on logic and reason to make any assessment or decision in life. Properly understood, there is no internal conflict between logic, science, the Bible, and God.

I do not believe in magic or fairies, but I do believe in angels and demons. The reality of the supernatural is fairly plain, but there are dozens of interpretations of experiences related to it.

What is the "proper" way to understand it? Any sources I can go to to find out in case you deem the answer too complicated to expound in a post?

What is the "proper" way to understand it? Any sources I can go to to find out in case you deem the answer too complicated to expound in a post?

Proper understanding of logic - avoiding fallacies, avoiding assumption and prejudice, avoiding emotion based decision making, etc.

Proper understanding of science - this is science, not conclusions of scientists. The scientific method, the necessity of understanding applicable variables, applying objectivity. Understanding the scientific principles involved in the corresponding scientific fields of study, etc.

Proper understanding of the Bible - reading in the literary forms in which it was written, understanding the historical, cultural, and other contexts in which specific passages are written. Knowledge of translation methods, original texts, original languages. Applying archaeological findings, avoiding various personal and societal bias, etc.

Proper understanding of God - As a person, not a force or idea. As He is described in the Bible. As a self existent uncaused being that is wholly 'other' from the universe, yet who is present in it. This is within a Christian, Biblical contex because that is what the OP is asking. Ergo, the Christian understanding of God.

I would love to give a detailed reply to that, but I think I might stray into debating religion (against forum rules) if I did.
You could start a private message ("conversation")...include all the persons who want to be part of the discussion. Just as long as it isn't a thread it should be fine.

Last edited:
I'm kinda torn up between Wicca and Christiannity. Christiannity is more wide-spread, but hard as heck to follow. But what if I burn in hell for choosing a diffrent path?
I believe in God, and my life was saved by a Angel when I was about 6....there is a judgement lake of fire, (Lava), but I do not believe the eternally burning in Hell thing is correct, God is not that mean.

I would not go anywhere near Wicca....they caused me much harm in my life, and under divine rules messing with such things can open the door for Evil Angels, (Demons), to mess with you...not good at all.

Fairies is really just the old Irish word for Demon...sorry to ruin the romance of it all....magic is evil too! Sorry!
You can still read books about butterfly Fairies if you wish...but they are just cute fables like Unicorns.:)

Best wishes to you in life SalanaEiyungAisis Maelstrom:fourleaf::rabbitface:

At any rate, I believe we have now effectively (and efficiently) killed the myth that all aspies are hyper-rational.

I'm a religious Catholic, so I believe most of what goes along with that. But this topic interests me because one of my special interests is in religion in general, as well as super conservative religion. While I don't particularly believe in Wicca or other pagan beliefs, I'm fascinated by neopaganism, and I've spent time reading people's blogs on Tumblr and other places. As for conservative religion, I'm obsessed with the Amish (and other conservative Anabaptists) and Hassidic Judaism :) I could talk about those forever! But yes, not only am I religious, but I also really love religion in the broadest, most anthropological sense of the term.

I do believe in God. However, I also know religion was and still is used as an instrument of social control, as well as an explanation for things that cannot be explained. Pagan beliefs are just rooted in super-natural beings and instances tied to natural objects. Religion as people know it today was built on the backs of pagan beliefs to keep people attached in to new concepts, furthering the social control argument.

Yes, I'm a Christian, I believe Jesus Christ to be my Lord and saviour. I've only recently diagnosed myself as high-functioning autistic, but have been a Christian for >30 years.

Yes. What I find even more titillating than what I do know or could know is what I don't know and can't know. Although I have had encounters that suggest either repeated, shared, and very specific delusions and hallucinations among multiple different parties at different points in time or quite definite and unmistakable (and for that matter, unwanted and unsolicited) proof of demonic activity, which would of course suggest the existence of its antithesis, i.e. God.

I believe in God, and my life was saved by a Angel when I was about 6....there is a judgement lake of fire, (Lava), but I do not believe the eternally burning in Hell thing is correct, God is not that mean.

I would not go anywhere near Wicca....they caused me much harm in my life, and under divine rules messing with such things can open the door for Evil Angels, (Demons), to mess with you...not good at all.

Fairies is really just the old Irish word for Demon...sorry to ruin the romance of it all....magic is evil too! Sorry!
You can still read books about butterfly Fairies if you wish...but they are just cute fables like Unicorns.:)

Best wishes to you in life SalanaEiyungAisis Maelstrom:fourleaf::rabbitface:
Well...What if Demons, despite what everyone says about them, have good points? Just wondering.

By the way, I don't adhere to Wicca, but I am interested in their traditions and how they invoke their deities.

Well...What if Demons, despite what everyone says about them, have good points? Just wondering.

By the way, I don't adhere to Wicca, but I am interested in their traditions and how they invoke their deities.
Sorry! Demons are fallen Angels....from Heaven...Zion in Heaven is a real city, in Orion most likely....I know how to find the actual star Zion, if I wish. The reason the Fallen Angels are so evil is they live longer than us and have had more time to become more and more evil.

Hitler lived what 50 years? and look how evil he got!

These evil Angels have been fallen for at least 6,000 years....and we don't know how much time passed before Adam and Eve fell....and how long the War Between Lucifer and God was.

We could easily be looking at Angels getting more and more evil for 20,000 years....even if we take into consideration them starting out better than us....it is still very grim on the Evilness front.
I understand you are attracted to the Romance of the idea of Magic....there is not real Magic tho...not even in heaven in my opinion. A evil Angel can move things, and tell you things, and make illusions with their whatever holograph telipathic machine stuff.
But it really isn't real Magic.

And you can get miracles and Holy Dreams if you seek God enough.
My life was saved by a real Angel at least once...and I have had real Holy Dreams...I also have had the Dark side come after me....it is not something you want to go near trust me....it is so scary you feel like your skin is going to crawl off of you.

Please stay away from that stuff SalanaEiyungAisis ,once you open the door it is very hard to shut. I am a preachers son, I made one tiny mistake when young and still pay for it sometimes....never ever do anything at all to invite the Dark side near you ever...no tarot cards, no magic books, :eek: No! going to a seance, (speaking with the dead), this is basically inviting a Demon home to dinner...very very bad! Wiccian stuff is likely worse?

I spoke with a girl who was Wiccian on the phone a few times when I thought on joining the SCA medeval fighting league, I felt evil Angels around my house for a month until I cut contact.

If you want magic go play a nice Multi person roll playing game on line you will have more fun and it is likely harmless fun.:)

Best wishes Maelstrom:):rabbitface::fourleaf:....I prefer the Archer more my self...than the Magician.

Sorry! Demons are fallen Angels....from Heaven...Zion in Heaven is a real city, in Orion most likely....I know how to find the actual star Zion, if I wish. The reason the Fallen Angels are so evil is they live longer than us and have had more time to become more and more evil.

Hitler lived what 50 years? and look how evil he got!

These evil Angels have been fallen for at least 6,000 years....and we don't know how much time passed before Adam and Eve fell....and how long the War Between Lucifer and God was.

We could easily be looking at Angels getting more and more evil for 20,000 years....even if we take into consideration them starting out better than us....it is still very grim on the Evilness front.
I understand you are attracted to the Romance of the idea of Magic....there is not real Magic tho...not even in heaven in my opinion. A evil Angel can move things, and tell you things, and make illusions with their whatever holograph telipathic machine stuff.
But it really isn't real Magic.

And you can get miracles and Holy Dreams if you seek God enough.
My life was saved by a real Angel at least once...and I have had real Holy Dreams...I also have had the Dark side come after me....it is not something you want to go near trust me....it is so scary you feel like your skin is going to crawl off of you.

Please stay away from that stuff SalanaEiyungAisis ,once you open the door it is very hard to shut. I am a preachers son, I made one tiny mistake when young and still pay for it sometimes....never ever do anything at all to invite the Dark side near you ever...no tarot cards, no magic books, :eek: No! going to a seance, (speaking with the dead), this is basically inviting a Demon home to dinner...very very bad! Wiccian stuff is likely worse?

I spoke with a girl who was Wiccian on the phone a few times when I thought on joining the SCA medeval fighting league, I felt evil Angels around my house for a month until I cut contact.

If you want magic go play a nice Multi person roll playing game on line you will have more fun and it is likely harmless fun.:)

Best wishes Maelstrom:):rabbitface::fourleaf:....I prefer the Archer more my self...than the Magician.
I bet you never actually tried tarot cards...I did...and no harm done.

I bet you never actually tried tarot cards...I did...and no harm done.
Mmmm....you don't know that yet until something creepy happens to you....a bad dream, a cold creepy feeling behind you....sometimes the Dark side doesn't bother a person....other times they hit like a class 4 Hurricane ....I saw a TV documentary the police went to a house this guy was visiting he was sitting at the kitchen table and the whole house was freezing for no reason water was condensing on the walls. The sheriffs deputy saw water droplets actually fly off the wall towards the the center of the room flying horizontally. I knew immediately how and why the droplets flew that way because it all matches my physics, that house was covered out side with evil angels feeding on the possessed persons mind sitting at the kitchen table.

Do what you wish SalanaEiyungAisis ,:( I understand if you don't believe me, I swear what I say is true tho....:( Been there, and lived through it, still suffering from it....very bad stuff!

Last edited:
How can you possibly know on an objective level that no harm was done? To put it another way, exposure to certain carcinogens seems to cause no harm, often for decades... Then the cancer sets in...

That was the position our piano teacher had
about Dungeons & Dragons.

Despite witnessing phenomena that appeared to come from another plane of existence, when it comes to "evil", that's something I've only witnessed and experienced exclusively from this plane of existence.

New Threads

Top Bottom