• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is there such a thing as an Aspie that believes in God or love New Age?

Well...What if Demons, despite what everyone says about them, have good points? Just wondering.
Of course they do. Otherwise there would not be anything attractive about them. Who would be tempted by anything totally repulsive? Like the other angels, they were made perfect, but they choose rebellion. Most of what people say about them is not true. Lucifer himself appears as the most beautiful of angels.
The problem has always been (and always will be) their pride. Angels don't glorify themselves. Demons glorify themselves, and are willing to lie, manipulate, control or do whatever it takes to get what they want.
As if we don't have enough trouble with people doing that to us, let alone inviting demons to.

Last edited:
Of course they do. Otherwise there would not be anything attractive about them. Who would be tempted by anything totally repulsive? Like the other angels, they were made perfect, but they choose rebellion. Most of what people say about them is not true. Lucifer himself appears as the most beautiful of angels.
The problem has always been (and always will be) their pride. Angels don't glorify themselves. Demons glorify themselves, and are willing to lie, manipulate, control or do whatever it takes to get what they want.
True and they can change what they look like....Appear as angels of light.....Lucifer is not so pretty now tho he is getting a little rinkled and old.:confused:

although i am of the so called LFA garden variety and not aspie,i do have cristianity beliefs, but i really struggle to understand it, so i have a basic level of belief.
im currently waiting to see a priest,as two of my support staff want to support me with this but its not happened so far.

i think religeon CAN be very difficult for autistics to understand because of the concepts but religeon can also give us a routine and peace,it can give you a sense of belonging,its up to eaach and every one of us to decide what we want really, dont let your diagnosis rule what you think,you might understand it more than you think.

I'm kinda torn up between Wicca and Christiannity. Christiannity is more wide-spread, but hard as heck to follow. But what if I burn in hell for choosing a different path?

A very breif quote is in order.

The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult; and left untried. (G. K. Chesterton)

The hellfire always seemed a bit excessive.

But if I am to take Pascal's wager seriously, I'll have to believe in all gods, not just one.

Humanity is struggling with a huge division between the rich and powerful and the poor and meek. Society can only work if all people are equal,

That statement is literally untrue. Chinese dynasties have worked for centuries with eunuch slaves as government workers. The Roman Empire for all it's conquering never had anything approaching equality between the higher and lower classes and women were terribly subjugated. Society can still function with horrific inequality.

I am a moderate Muslim so believe in God, as well as Angels, and also that there is an unseen world living in the same space as us but on another dimensional plane, inhabited by beings known as Jinn.

So the Jinn don't live on this world? Is that your interpretation or does it say so explicitly in the Q'ran.

I'm a spiritual person who believes there is more to the universe than we see/understand, but I have no religious beliefs.

I'm a follower of Jesus Christ, so I believe in God...along with the reality of angels and demons. I just keep reminding myself that God is greater than Satan's ever been, or ever will be.

I'm a Roman Catholic <3 I do believe in God and angels, in whatever their true form is, though I do not believe in Wicca, Magick, or the other various cult beliefs.

I've been a satanist at one point (and no, they're not worshiping the Christian devil, but a bunch of pagan gods that were called demons by christians, and they're very moral, and don't sacrifice babies or even goats). At one point I gave up because I wasn't able to interact with the ''demons'' like they said I would, and because Irealised the website I was relying on was actually antisemitic propaganda (though it doesn't represent the views of all or even most satanists)

I'm an atheist now, but I don't think a god that would make you suffer for eternity just because you didn't believe he existed despite the absence of proof is really a good god...

Eternal Hellfire is a pagan belief that has corrupted Christianity and made God look like monster....and it is long overdue for some churches to correct that evil error.
The Bible is quite clear the dead are destroyed at the end burnt ashes and bones. You are hardly dead if you are still around enough to feel Hell Fire...that doesn't sound very dead to me?
And the Bible clearly states King David waits sleeping for the Lords return....doesn't sound very much like any floaty soul stuff to me.
When choosing a truth from the Bible ALL texts must be brought into Harmony. Cherry picking 1 or 2 obscure or poetic references to bend the overall Bible meaning your way is forbidden theology.
------------
I really don't blame people for turning against God and Bible when such evil self serving errors are taught. I do not think God finds idea that he is mean enough to burn people alive for thousands of years very funny.

The Bible says God wishes to spread his wings tenderly over us like a mother hen does with her baby chicks.

The only reason wicked are destroyed at the judgement is they are too mentally corrupted to survive the endless years of Immortality anyway. And they will just end up hurting and killing themselves and us too!
Who wants to get chased by a mad man with a Machete in heaven?

I've been a satanist at one point (and no, they're not worshiping the Christian devil, but a bunch of pagan gods that were called demons by christians, and they're very moral, and don't sacrifice babies or even goats). At one point I gave up because I wasn't able to interact with the ''demons'' like they said I would, and because Irealised the website I was relying on was actually antisemitic propaganda (though it doesn't represent the views of all or even most satanists)

I'm an atheist now, but I don't think a god that would make you suffer for eternity just because you didn't believe he existed despite the absence of proof is really a good god...

Listen to Ravi Zacharias (YouTube) on these topics and then see if you can make the same claims.

Eternal Hellfire is a pagan belief that has corrupted Christianity and made God look like monster....and it is long overdue for some churches to correct that evil error.
The Bible is quite clear the dead are destroyed at the end burnt ashes and bones. You are hardly dead if you are still around enough to feel Hell Fire...that doesn't sound very dead to me?
And the Bible clearly states King David waits sleeping for the Lords return....doesn't sound very much like any floaty soul stuff to me.
When choosing a truth from the Bible ALL texts must be brought into Harmony. Cherry picking 1 or 2 obscure or poetic references to bend the overall Bible meaning your way is forbidden theology.
------------
I really don't blame people for turning against God and Bible when such evil self serving errors are taught. I do not think God finds idea that he is mean enough to burn people alive for thousands of years very funny.

The Bible says God wishes to spread his wings tenderly over us like a mother hen does with her baby chicks.

The only reason wicked are destroyed at the judgement is they are too mentally corrupted to survive the endless years of Immortality anyway. And they will just end up hurting and killing themselves and us too!
Who wants to get chased by a mad man with a Machete in heaven?

'Eternal hellfire' is very clearly a biblical claim. What has corrupted Christianity are the theologies of those who select bits and pieces of biblical exposition and reject others which they simply don't like.

What the world needs most of all is a Saviour and not more gurus or belief systems claiming their own road to God. Even the gurus need a Saviour, and in short, accept Christ (the living Word) as a whole as revealed biblically, the complete Word, or not at all.

I'm an aspie. I don't like the organization of religion. It leads to bad things. That's not to say there isn't something to take away from religion. My ethnicity calls me one of God's "chosen people". That phrase leads to xenophobia and i don't believe it. My spiritual crisis comes down to one of the oldest: free will. If I had to give myself a name I would say pantheist. I feel closest to something greater than me when I am in nature. That's where I talk to my higher power.

I'm a Heathen (the pagan kind, not the atheist kind), so I believe in many gods, and land spirits, elves, trolls, and magic. :)

'Eternal hellfire' is very clearly a biblical claim. What has corrupted Christianity are the theologies of those who select bits and pieces of biblical exposition and reject others which they simply don't like.

What the world needs most of all is a Saviour and not more gurus or belief systems claiming their own road to God. Even the gurus need a Saviour, and in short, accept Christ (the living Word) as a whole as revealed biblically, the complete Word, or not at all.
The reference to eternal Fire is clearly poetic reference to Eternal Death the same Eternal Fire Reference is used for Sodom and Gamora you can go to the south end of the dead sea, see the 2 burnt out cities and pick up lumps of sulfer left over from God siege ships that wiped the cities out.

The cities are clearly not still burning eternally!

Everyone know the Hell thing dates back to Pagan gods before Constintine ruined the first Christian church by dumping all the Pagan Tribes around Rome into the Church.

You churches who follow this belief are all not following the Bible at all....there are rows and rows of texts that say the dead are destroyed utterly and texts that say the dead feel and know nothing.
The Hell belief is Pagan Trash...and makes God look like a monster.

You churches blaspheme Gods good name with this cruel Pagan Hell belief. I personally would be worried about Divine retribution, I do not think God is very amused he is made out to be such a Monster.

I love theology. I enjoy Augustine and am reading his City of God right now. The theologians like Thomas Aquinas and Augustine feed that Autistic side of me that needs a mental challenge and whew....they are. I am a Christian so I understand what they are saying, but I am also a Classicist so I have read all their precursors so the arguments are especially stimulating.

New Threads

Top Bottom