• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Cassandra65

Hi everyone, I've got suspected Asperger's, and have felt all my life that there's been a horrible mistake and I've ended up on the wrong planet. ATM I'm struggling to cope with/interact with these peculiar human creatures and their strange ways - any advice please?

1704215058428.png

Hello @Cassandra65 and welcome to the forum,I was recently diagnosed wih Asd level 1 (aspergers in Old money) and I've been on here a couple of weeks and found it a real comfort I am sure you will too whilst on your journey

Hello and welcome.

Advice? Stick around for awhile and start reading all the different threads. Maybe ask some questions and even considering playing a few games that we have going on. Hope you enjoy it here.

Based on your avatar, I wonder if you might be interested in this section:

Hi everyone, I've got suspected Asperger's, and have felt all my life that there's been a horrible mistake and I've ended up on the wrong planet. ATM I'm struggling to cope with/interact with these peculiar human creatures and their strange ways - any advice please?
I like your style, yes, they are indeed a challenge sometimes, these humans :) and the "wrong planet" is not an uncommon feeling... sadly.. about the advice, I think some of us are a bit challenged by very open-ended questions... it's a good one thou, I'll be listening for the answers you get :) and welcome :)

Glad to have you with us, @Cassandra65

Feeling isolated from the general world isn't an uncommon feeling. But the best thing to do is make the best of it thru other means. Explore the positives and possibilities that your capable of. It'll suck to have to deal with NT's and thier societal expectations. But none of it is a important as your own happiness.

Hi @Cassandra65

Good news and bad news - sorry

Bad news - there are a LOT of these chance people (NTs) around. In fact they think they run the show and think that everyone is like them.

Good news - this is a secret hideout for the folks who know better. (but dont tell the NTs - they might get upset).
Do hang around a bit and get to know us all

Hi Cassandra:) I, very much, relate to your experience. I hope you enjoy yourself here. Stick around and get to know us. And feel free to ask whatever and check the place out. It is a haven for folk who feel exactly like you do.

Welcome. There's lots of different avenues to start with, but going on a journey of understanding yourself and who you really are (as opposed to what you think you're supposed to be) is something that many people have found helpful.

Welcome - think of it like this: we get to see the Emperor's New Clothes for what they are ...

New Threads

Top Bottom