• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Haiku page

Aspie Haiku :tulip:

Tater Tots bag opened
Seems they've changed the formula
What fresh Hell is this?

My life is over
Agony beyond compare
Wrinkle in my sock.

How I love it so
Bring harmony to my world
My routine it rocks!

Dinosaurs are cool
For five hours can I expound
Your exit too quick

Nerdy geekette smiles
No I won't fix your PC
Tidy your home though

Gentle soul am I
tactile defensive also
ask before touching

Fuddy-duddy me
needs things the same each day
respect the routine!

Deep within myself
portable sanctuary
Autistic mindscape.

Port-a-Potty gross
try pretend it's a Tardis
timelords must hold it.

Thumb-screw to Aspies
the bane of our existence
thy name is smalltalk.

Warmheart, I am stunned, at your prolific rate of creativity.
The potty tarsus made my day, I will never look at Dr Who or a porta john, again in the same light.
You got a full fledged guffaw out of me, and those don't happen easy or often.
I think that you are a remarkable haiku creator. Clap, clap.
You could have separated each Haiku and garnered many awards, but in truth I admire your, warmheart.

Evensong calls me,
each time the darkness whispers,
I cannot think now.

Mia, that's it, spot on, I hope you rework the former effort, it was very good so, make it work.
If you like.
Edit, oh I see you did. Old man brain fart.
The responses are coming in faster than I can type on my little phone.
Hit me again, and again. It's like playing guitar, I will stop responding when my fingers bleed.

Last edited:
January road,
icy gray on black tarmac,
softly melting crust.

EP
I found a syllable counter yay!! http://www.howmanysyllables.com/wordprocessor

Mia , thanks for your efforts. I wanted to point out that one should not always expect perfection on ones first attempt at something new. Focus and persevere and your accomplishments will be recognized and rewarded.
I am very proud of your determination as well as your creativity.
The applause sign is on for you!

Reading a fiction
Tutankhamen reigns supreme
Plague has befallen

Just being silly, but it is what I'm reading.
I got to see the Tutankhamen exhibit in Washington DC in 1976.
We had to hold a place in line starting at 4PM until we gained entry to the gallery at noon the next day.
It was a very awesome experience and a memory of a lifetime. :cool:

I got to see the Tutankhamen exhibit in Washington DC in 1976.
We had to hold a place in line starting at 4PM until we gained entry to the gallery at noon the next day.
It was a very awesome experience and a memory of a lifetime. :cool:

I got to see it in 2005, I'll never forget it. So many unanswered questions about him and, seeing it just raises more but, that's a topic for another thread.

I got to see it in 2005, I'll never forget it. So many unanswered questions about him and, seeing it just raises more but, that's a topic for another thread.

Ah, yes. The Tutmeister was a freshman the year I graduated from the University of Memphis, Go LOCUSTS!
I was well known in my prime as an innovative mummy rapper.

Last edited:
Ah, yes. The Tutmeister was a freshman the year I graduated from the University of Memphis, Go LOCUSTS!
I was well known in my prime as an innovative mummy rapper.

What favor would you ask of me in exchange for the use of your time machine? I should very much like to meet the "Tutmeister" and give him a case of antibiotics - assuming that broken leg was in fact what killed him.

What favor would you ask of me in exchange for the use of your time machine? I should very much like to meet the "Tutmeister" and give him a case of antibiotics - assuming that broken leg was in fact what killed him.

Actually, this reminds me very little of an article I read in the Karnak Carson Prognosticator.

Amun walks into a bar and has an argument with Tut about the divine right of gods and kings. Not long after, Tut lost his dingaling, and then he lost the will to live. Soon after Tut kicked the bucket, breaking his leg repeatedly, after all he was immortal.
That's my story and I am sticking to it like tar and natron. It's a wrap.

Last edited:

Beverly, to paraphrase the Moody Blues, thinking is the best way to(time)travel.
The second best and most fun is to gain access to Dr. Who's portaTardis.
That haiku by Warmheart still has me laughing.

I credit of this to Ste11aeres on the last thing to make me laugh thread. It was such a well developed thought, that it required no thought at all.

Do you love Jesus?
Would you like to meet him soon?
Just text while driving!

Last edited:
I think that we have the haiku format perfected.
We could kick it up a notch by following the same format, but since the original oriental idea was to paint a mental image with words, a "mindscape", dare we try? It seems to me that Vince Lombardi, the coach, said something like " in the attempt to attain perfection we often attain excellence. Let's reach and perhaps grasp excellent thoughts.
I think it is best done by incorporating as many of the senses, sight, sound, aroma, taste and touch, into the haiku,
It also seems that in general the haiku was based on a thought to "set up" the mind, and then ended with a twist, compelling the reader an "aha" or a "huh" moment.
Anyone up for the challenge

Last edited:
I gave it my best
I could have done it better
To score me a win :p

New Threads

Top Bottom