• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Haiku page

Another point about traditional Japanese Haiku. There are actually two forms with identical rules of syllabification. Haiku is the name of the first one, and it deals with nature. Senryu is the name of the other one, and it deals with human affairs. In English, we define genres of poetry by their structure, so we call them each by the same name and even mix the two together when composing our own. Funnily enough, we don't do this with other formats, such as novels or short stories: those are divided and lumped together according to topic.

This page on the site that Mia posted appears to reference this: http://www.ahapoetry.com/senarti.htm

I found it enjoyable and worth thinking about. To me, it says that when adapting forms of poetry from a foreign language, you will not truly be using the original forms. But that is not a weakness.

In memoriam to Cecil

Bloodthirsty arrow,
narcissistic trophies bleed
while Androcles weeps.

Last edited:
In memoriam to Cecil

Bloodthirsty arrow,
narcissistic trophies bleed
while Androcles weeps.

Mia, briefly, my wife and I are livid about this situation and made a contribution.
If I were tyrant I would imprison the dentist, in a hot African cell with the rotting lion carcass. When he is done eating every bit of it, let him out. Aversion therapy.

I did see the petition, don't know if it will work or if its possible to extradite. Although I think he should face some sort of justice.
Mia, I totally agree. But I am new and I don't want to tempt the banhammer by discussing politics. Suffice to say that he broke the law in Zimbabwe, and his accomplices who were still in the country are now in custody by the government. I do not know how extradition really works, but honestly, if you are going to a foreign country and don't want to end up in jail you should obey the law. Unless you're rescuing political dissidents or something. But he was just out there for fun.

When you're a dentist
a bloody African trip
still won't make you brave

When you're a dentist
killing lions won't make you
the myth Hercules

This one dead lion
still better than a live dog
like that vile dentist

Bitter haunted man
shooting things greater than he
won't make him bigger