• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does this kind of religion make sense and does anyone agree?

Andrew1209

I'm an entropic-cantheist.

I believe in the rules of entropy and entropic followers. These people believe that the rules of thermodynamics, the second law specifically, that the universe has a constant increase in its measure of disorder, chaos, and things we can't control no matter how hard we try.
And in the end there is a sense of balance in everything in the universe so that it all is equally distributed.
An example is heat In a space. The heat will equally distribute until the entire space is the same temperature.
But I believe the things I do in my life can influence the positive and negative impact of the results of entropy. Those results I can't predict but I can influence the way they play out in hope they play in my favor.
An example is a house of cards. When it falls it doesn't tend to fall into a perfect deck. But it does fall into randomness proven by entropic laws. But based on what causes it to fall, it can fall into a different direction, which related to life can be better or worse. But we can never truly predict the outcome.
And I also believe the ritualistic practices of cantheism influence my role in entropy and what I can humanly do and predict. These practices involve the exposure, sharing, and positive use of the healing, spiritual, and connecting oneself aspects of cannibas. Based on history and all my life experiences, the practices of cantheism almost always have beneficial influence on my entropic future, which I cannot predict only influence in hopes of a positive impact.

Does anyone else understand this? Or relate to it? Anything that can make some sense to me ?

The entropic aspect is an interesting concept, to be sure, and it could likely prove beneficial to someone who wants to feel some control over the uncontrollables in their life.

However, the idea might be better described by something other than the 2nd law of thermodynamics, since this law does allow for prediction of outcomes and is only applicable to certain types of scenarios. Maybe something like chaos theory would be more appropriate.

I can only speculate here when it comes to intention or purpose.

However...if your actual focus is to promote and legalize pot, that's a political concern. Not a spiritual one. Especially daunting for any minor where even the use of tobacco is being pushed to the age of 21 in certain states. Let alone the age to vote.

Assuming of course you are in the US, government won't presently recognize that as a First Amendment religious right any more than polygamy for Mormons. That aside, religion can be an effective alibi in sculpting "creative" income tax returns.

Last edited:
The entropic aspect is an interesting concept, to be sure, and it could likely prove beneficial to someone who wants to feel some control over the uncontrollables in their life.

However, the idea might be better described by something other than the 2nd law of thermodynamics, since this law does allow for prediction of outcomes and is only applicable to certain types of scenarios. Maybe something like chaos theory would be more appropriate.
Thank you for your input I'll keep that inight consideration

I can only speculate here when it comes to intention or purpose.

However...if your actual focus is to promote and legalize pot, that's a political concern. Not a spiritual one. Especially daunting for any minor where even the use of tobacco is being pushed to the age of 21 in certain states. Let alone the age to vote.

Assuming of course you are in the US, government won't presently recognize that as a First Amendment religious right any more than polygamy for Mormons. That aside, religion can be an effective alibi in sculpting "creative" income tax returns.
I'm not attempting to promote the legalization of Marijuana at all, I understand the benefits and consequences and I believe the law should stay how it is, but my personal experiences with cannibas has moved me spiritually, not politically, or addictivly. I'm a-political as it stands

I'm not attempting to promote the legalization of Marijuana at all, I understand the benefits and consequences and I believe the law should stay how it is, but my personal experiences with cannibas has moved me spiritually, not politically, or addictivly. I'm a-political as it stands

Even in the few states where it's legal, it's only legal for adults- not minors.

If you support the legal status quo, (as it stands) you wouldn't be using it as a minor. Right?

Even in the few states where it's legal, it's only legal for adults- not minors.

If you support the legal status quo, (as it stands) you wouldn't be using it as a minor. Right?
I see your views, but I also see the "adult-minor" division as a maturity scale not an age based one. I say this with my past experiences that led me to act more like an adult at a very young age. And I respect people's mental age more than their physical age

I see your views, but I also see the "adult-minor" division as a maturity scale not an age based one. I say this with my past experiences that led me to act more like an adult at a very young age. And I respect people's mental age more than their physical age

My views on legalization? I haven't actually expressed them in this thread.

No offense meant, however you just sound like you're trying a little too hard to sound older than you actually are given some contradictions of your statements. Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. But it doesn't inherently come with using pot either.

Age isn't a process you want to speed up for any reason. Even if you do relate to older people more so than your peers...which is somewhat common among those with ASD.

Last edited:
My views on legalization? I haven't actually expressed them in this thread.

No offense meant, however you just sound like you're trying a little too hard to sound older than you actually are given some contradictions of your statements. Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. But it doesn't inherently come with using pot either.

Age isn't a process you want to speed up for any reason. Even if you do relate to older people more so than your peers...which is somewhat common among those with ASD.
My age and my views of legalization don't persuade my beliefs anymore then yours does. And the way that I use cannibas is only based on what I've learned from it. I appreciate your views but they aren't exactly relating to how I use both beliefs together. Because I see both as equally relevant to my life choices so far

I appreciate your views but they aren't exactly relating to how I use both beliefs together. Because I see both as equally relevant to my life choices so far

How do you support your spirituality through the use of a controlled substance when you claim to support the very laws which prohibit them and their use by minors?

I just find that an inherently contradictory perspective. If marijuana is such a profound catalyst for your spirituality, I'd think you would be resolutely opposed to such laws rather than to agree or be indifferent towards them.

This degrades your entire point of view, IMO.

I'm not attempting to promote the legalization of Marijuana at all, I understand the benefits and consequences and I believe the law should stay how it is

Last edited:
How do you support your spirituality through the use of a controlled substance when you claim to support the very laws which prohibit them and their use by minors?

I just find that an inherently contradictory perspective.
It seems contradicting because I don't agree with how people will use it once it's legalized, medically, to specify, would be alright. I'm against the recreational use.
And again, I don't agree with the use of age in this case. There's no age limit on religion

It seems contradicting because I don't agree with how people will use it once it's legalized, medically, to specify, would be alright. I'm against the recreational use.
And again, I don't agree with the use of age in this case. There's no age limit on religion

Granted, the argument to influence the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (amended 2003) is a very real thing. However even if special interests make headway in lobbying for the broad religious use of pot, don't expect them to extend such rights to minors.

It would be simpler just to say you're for broad legalization and would make the most of it when you're old enough. Otherwise you still sound like a kid hiding behind religion as an excuse to use pot as a minor.

It still remains contradictory that you claim it all would be "alright" if legalized, yet you are presently using it illegally both as a controlled substance, and as a minor. You know that saying, "Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining."

Personally I'm against the controlled substance act period. Regardless of religion or medicine. But I don't ever realistically expect such sentiments if legislated to allow minors the use of such substances.

Last edited:
Granted, the argument to influence the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (amended 2003) is a very real thing. However even if special interests make headway in lobbying for the broad religious use of pot, don't expect them to extend such rights to minors.

It would be simpler just to say you're for legalization and would make the most of it when you're old enough. Otherwise you still sound like a kid hiding behind religion as an excuse to use pot as a minor.
If I was for legalization I would say it. And again, my age has no correlation to my beliefs or how I see cannibas. And it certainly doesn't correlate to the experiences I've been through that led me to how I see the world in any aspect. But thank u for answering my question. How can someone understand a religion when they can't even see past the standards of age or legality in society. Let alone a single persons interpretation of the world

How can someone understand a religion when they can't even see past the standards of age or legality in society.

That's easy. Force theocracy down peoples' throats with armed insurrection and indiscriminate beheadings.

Good reason for some of us to prefer law to religion 365 days a year. One is free to lobby Congress and even presidential candidates over legitimate religious agendas. Just not the judiciary.

As for age requirements, they seem to be going up with some legal jurisdictions. Not down. I understand your sentiments, but they don't seem to reflect the sentiments of adults in legislatures or the electorate at large.

Last edited:
That's easy. Force theocracy down peoples' throats with armed insurrection and indiscriminate beheadings.

Good reason for some of us to prefer law to religion 365 days a year. One is free to lobby Congress and even presidential candidates over legitimate religious agendas. Just not the judiciary.

As for age requirements, they seem to be going up with some legal jurisdictions. Not down. I understand your sentiments, but they don't seem to reflect the sentiments of adults in legislatures or the electorate at large.
Well as long as one person sees a theory of the universe with no harm to anyone else, and appreciates it, I guess no one else has to.

Well as long as one person sees a theory of the universe with no harm to anyone else, and appreciates it, I guess no one else has to.

Simple point. If you want to honestly validate a religion, it shouldn't require any ties to a pharmacological substance. Otherwise expect some amount of cynicism and skepticism.

IMO if you want to make pot legal, by all means do so. But not under the guise of religion.

Simple point. If you want to honestly validate a religion, it shouldn't require any ties to a pharmacological substance.
I see it as a spiritual substance that pushes towards enlightenment. And I see entropy as the fact that we'll never make our future, just influence it. But like I said, if I appreciate it I guess no one else has to

New Threads

Top Bottom