• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ctrl+V

12.03.31 Majentrix:
30 MINUTES OF THIS

a woody perennial plant, typically having a single stem or
trunk growing to a considerable height and bearing
lateral branches at some distance from the ground.

and the rest of the sock is

"On a related topic, I should also note that there has been a recent trend towards giving white children the names of Indian tribes as first names (Dakota, Cheyenne, Chippewa, etc.) I'd recommend against this, though, for two reasons: first, many Native Americans find the practice culturally and religiously inappropriate. It's difficult to explain why to outsiders, but think about how acceptable Biblical names like Mary and Jacob are to most American Christians, yet how unacceptable baby names like Christ or God would be. Tribal names have special meaning in Indian culture, and using them as first names isn't considered respectful to the people any more than naming your baby God would be interpreted as honoring God. Second, more practically speaking, the names of Indian tribes tend to have meanings that would strike most Americans as odd. Dakota, for example, is a plural noun--it's akin to naming your son "Frenchmen." Chippewa literally means "puckered up." Your child may not thank you for a name like this when he or she grows up any more than the people you're trying to honor will."

children's song about plucking the feathers
from a lark, in retribution for being woken up by its song

This really surprised me.
I had no idea that Alouette
had anything to do with plucking
a bird.

Last edited:
Mr. Nesquick
In Italy, before the arrival of Quicky, the mascot was an anthropomorphized box of Nesquik called Mr. Quickness.

Analysis of the Pictish stone carvings revealed the symbols cannot be deciphered.

"The literal meaning of the symbols at Trusty's Hill will probably never be known. There is no Pictish Rosetta Stone," Toolis said.

New Threads

Top Bottom