• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism Survey for Channel 4

Did it again without indicating sex or age:

Sensory perception: 21/30
Social interaction: 5/20
Organization/routine: 8/20

AQ: 5/10

Did it again without indicating sex or age:

Sensory perception: 21/30
Organization/routine: 8/20

AQ: 5/10
Interesting. I wonder what else skews the scores?

I'm not in the UK but I tried it anyway. I got:

Sensory Perception: 17/30
Social Interaction: 1/20
Organisation and Routine: 2/20
Autism Spectrum Quotient: 8/10

I'm never quite sure what to make of tests like this. It's just interesting, I guess.

Guys I think you all need to study and practice harder for this test, you all failed!! :rolleyes::D

Whaddya mean study? Check my scores again...I got a perfect overall score of 10 :p

But seriously, like I said before I only did this test for fun. I don't care what happens next with the data, it's all numbers and hogwash to me in the end.

Channel 4 here in the UK conducting a survey in conjunction with the Autism Research Centre with Professor Simon Baron-Cohen. The data will be used in a new programme called How Autistic Are You? You also have the choice of allowing Cambridge University to use your data anonymously too.

40 questions, 5 minutes. Have a go if you're interested.

How Autistic Are You? - All 4
I scored 9/10
Sensory perception: 22/30
Social interaction: 0/20
Organization & routine: 19/20

but I found the questions were not specific enough. It was difficult to figure out how some answers matched me. I find the lack of specifics in Autism tests to be quite lacking in general though, or else the right answer isn't there and I must choose the closest equivalent.

Last edited:
Is nobody else suspicious of this? why give all this info to Channel Four and Baron-Cohen? What's in it for us? Are there autistic people on the production team of the programme? What happens to the data? Do we get to see the results and the research? most of it will be published behind paywalls in academic journals or in books that cost £70. And the tv programme - autism awareness is good but with a mark out of 10 how nuanced is that going to be, especially if the end result is entertainment? They need us more than we need them. On the old AFF messageboard posts from researchers were banned. Let them work for their data. I've been told that 65% of people who subscribe to Autism United live in rural areas without internet access so the responses are already massively skewed.

i was going to have a look at the survey but this picture scared me!

richardson.png

are we seriously expected to believe that this is the face of normality and WE are the weirdos?

No, it isn't. One of my closest friends is trans. It was not a choice. I highly doubt that @toothless would say he chose to be trans either. Do you also believe homosexuality is a choice?
thankyou xudo.
i never chose to be trans anymore than i chose to be autistic,plus my brain is wired to be male not female,my parents recognise ive been outwardly trans since a young toddler when they look back-but back then they saw it as tom boyism.
i am not a tom boy,i am not simply a masculine female,i have a male brain in a biologically female body.
however,i do not apreciate anyone making jokes about trans;more so when its using me-we are bullied enough without 'our own' mocking us.

Sensory perception: 28/30
Organization and Routine: 8/20
AQ Overall: 7/10

I also had to guess on a few things like airplane aerodynamics, feedback from friends, etc. I never have anyone tell me if I am understanding or rude or anything like that haha. So I'm really not sure.

New Threads

Top Bottom