• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism Survey for Channel 4

FYI - you can do the test without agreeing to the terms and conditions and there is a 'prefer not to say' option for all the biographical info, so I did the test. I don't think the questions were very well formed, like often I would want to say 'sometimes this happens' rather than 'it happens', but what the hell - I got a 10.

I think the researchers who made this test should be assessed for ASD themselves, it has some of the elements: numbers, scales, black and white thinking (you can agree or disagree, no in-between)...I'd be interested to see the results then :p

Kind of funny, this test was basically a rehash of the AQ test by Simon Baron-Cohen (I think?). I wonder how many more studies or reports with the data are going to be released afterwards.

Did it the other day as my wife tagged me on FB. I got Sensory Perception - 22, Social Interaction - 1 and Organisation and routine - 9 Overall 8. I think the Organisation should have been higher but as the questions were so broad they were difficult to answer.

Kind of funny, this test was basically a rehash of the AQ test by Simon Baron-Cohen (I think?).

Baron-Cohen designed this test as well, he's involved with the TV show. I don't like the way he thinks - things are more nuanced in real life. He also made up the 'extreme male brain' bs thing.

Here are my scores from that Channel 4 test:View attachment 33425 View attachment 33426
Exactly the same for me!
26 sensitivity
0 social
20 systemising
10 AQ

And I do think there is something in the 'extreme male brain theory. It's something that has always bothered me: I don't feel like I have anything in common with other women. I've always been happier around men, and doing/talking about traditionally male stuff (engines/weaponry/aircraft/motorsport...) and have never been interested in the things more associated with females. I have always worn trousers (dresses and skirts always seem so impractical) and I can't bear talking as a pastime, although I see how other women use it to strengthen bonds and keep up with developments in eachothers' lives. I am fully aware that, were I a man, I would probably have been left by my spouse years ago.

Last edited:
Many of the questions are taken from the Cambridge SQ, AQ and EQ series of tests devised by Baron-Cohen and his team years ago. They are well known and used as part of the diagnostic process in the UK, although the assessment is much more involved than simple questionnaires. It's interesting, as a strong systemiser to see the correlations between test results, and iI get a sense of contentment when they all line up.

Channel 4 here in the UK conducting a survey in conjunction with the Autism Research Centre with Professor Simon Baron-Cohen. The data will be used in a new programme called How Autistic Are You? You also have the choice of allowing Cambridge University to use your data anonymously too.

40 questions, 5 minutes. Have a go if you're interested.

How Autistic Are You? - All 4
I got 18/30 sensory, 1/20 social, 10/20 organization, total score of 10 on the out of 10 scale
I have been diagnosed with aspbergers, sensory integration disorder, and ADHD

FYI - you can do the test without agreeing to the terms and conditions and there is a 'prefer not to say' option for all the biographical info, so I did the test. I don't think the questions were very well formed, like often I would want to say 'sometimes this happens' rather than 'it happens', but what the hell - I got a 10.

Same here, I find the questions to be very broad and difficult to answer.

Or is it......?????:neutral:
No. It's not. I'm trans, thank you very much.

And according to this test I'm pretty autistic, too.
6c066790e4dcfd5390f2ee7a3c04f37f.png

I've never been diagnosed, though.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom