• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism public speaking: Feel free to heckle

Very well said!!! Beautiful job! Well done, especially without notes!
I believe that you have the gift of public speaking.

Last edited:
Thank you, ASD Geek! :) I appreciate your kind words.

I hope to be able to give back, to use my strengths in some way to contribute to the greater good. :sunflower:

You made me cry. It was a great speech! I love my Y, too. The people at the Y are ALWAYS kind and open to people with disabilities. I think everyone should join :)

Thank you! I am pleased that you found value in my sensory/autism presentation.

I agree, the Y rocks!

warmheart,i left a comment on your page to try and start things off as everyone seems to be viewing or voting and not commenting,i think you have a great voice for doing speeches-it makes me want to listen, and i hope there are more speeches to come. :)

Thank you so much, Toothless! :) You really have such a kind heart.

Unexpectedly, this short autism talk has lead to a wondrous life change for me. I now have a job of doing occasional autism presentations to provide professional training/in-services for those who do direct one on one support with autistics, medical professionals, educators, and developmental service coordinators who enable services to be put in place. I am so very grateful for the chance to contribute in some way.

I really appreciate your thoughtful comments!

Thank you! No notes, I just winged it.
Far out. Whenever I've done a speech, I had notes, or better still, powerpoint. even if it was something like
1) I wander into water
2) must learn to swim
3) went to YMCA to learn.....
I find it amazing that you have executive functioning issues, but did a speech like that off the top of your head, so well done you

Thank you so much, Toothless! :) You really have such a kind heart.

Unexpectedly, this short autism talk has lead to a wondrous life change for me. I now have a job of doing occasional autism presentations to provide professional training/in-services for those who do direct one on one support with autistics, medical professionals, educators, and developmental service coordinators who enable services to be put in place. I am so very grateful for the chance to contribute in some way.

I really appreciate your thoughtful comments!
excellent news warmheart-do you get paid for it? if not,you should do,i hate it when we get our services taken advantage of! but...at the same time at least its doing something you love [ie educating ignorant professionals on autism] and your doing the rest of us in the world a service,so thankyou warmheart your making the world a better place,one talk at a time! :)

Thank you, Pax and Toothless!

Actually, I write presentation notes in my autistic "inner world," on what looks like the prehistoric cave walls of Lascaux. ;) During presentations, I'm in-and-out of awareness anyway (inner world is a dominant default state for me), so I pop in, read a few points off the cave wall, pop back out, speak those points, go back in... etc. you get the idea. ;) In a way, being autistic gives me a way to do a 2.5 hour presentation without notes.

Yes, now I do thankfully get paid, I am grateful to say. While we each have our own unique autistic experiences, and i can't speak for others, i hope professionals find value and understanding in what i offer.

New Threads

Top Bottom