• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you creative or do you lack imagination?

I'm not terribly creative. Even my talent for writing is rather dry and technical. I don't do fiction writing.

Cats are my hobby/calling. I do like to cook if not rushed. I like home improvement too.

Other than that, though, I have only revolving minor interests that I like to research until I find the answers I'm looking for.

I'm kind of creative I have ideas but I don't have the talent or ability to execute them. So for a long time I just didn't do anything. I would write ocassionally and stuff. But I'm trying new things. I like to knit but I'm nit great at it. I can't draw but I love playing with color and collages and my work my look like something a kid made but I like it and it's practice. I started taking pictures on my phone. Now I have a camera. I like close ups of nature and I'll put the camera at odd angles or where I can't see it and take pictures. I like to cook but I throw things together and usually it works out. My problem with writing is getting the ideas organized to be somethimg. I do better with stream of concious poems even though I want to write shirt stories.

I am creative in some ways, back when I used to play Extreme Warfare Revenge, a text based wrestling promotion simulator about 10 years ago, I used to write and create better Pay Per View wrestling cards than WWE themselves have done for years.

I'm not very creative. I can copy and reproduce other people's work, I can accurately reproduce a drawing, but I can't create my own stuff. I'm very much a tomboy.

This is my strongest deficiency. I absolutely lack imagination, I just can't seem to see beyond facts and reality. I will sometimes try to visualize my future and I don't get very far. I can be creative when it comes to cooking and my exercise routines which I like to variate because I get too burned out on doing the same thing over and over. Reading is almost impossible for me other than instructions or directions.

Very creative: spent much of my childhood in a fantasy world of my own, wrote four novels but while I got an agent couldn't get them past Marketing at the publishing house, currently working on a mystery series that I will publish myself.

Wanted to add that there are many ways of being creative; including practical solutions to things no one else thinks of :)

I'm curious. Is it common for female aspies to be creative? To enjoy cooking, sewing, arts & crafts? Decorating? Doing hair and nails? Painting, or anything creative?

I don't seem to have any interest in any of it. I don't have a lot in common with stereotypical females. But I'm not a tomboy either. I don't like camping, bugs, dirt. I am not good with a tool belt. I don't like sports, online computer games. I don't have any typical male interests.

I do identify as a heterosexual female. I don't really have any hobbies. I enjoy reading, movies and LOVE researching stuff.

Am I an odd ball even in the aspie community? Are there any other aspie females who lack interests and hobbies?

I like to paint sometimes, but aside from that, I don't really do anything else creative.

I don't do nail painting etc. I'm not particularly bothered by hair/make up, bar heavy eyeliner and a little foundation and keeping my hair red lol.

I like reading, watching documentaries and some other TV stuff and I like to research about topics that interest me.

Aside from that... I have little interest in anything else

Well.. I am creative every day. I design, invent, use computer controlled machinery for hobbies, paint, sketch, draw, develop new projects. I'm good at 2D and 3D computer graphics, presentations, writing proposals, design logo's, write strategies. build furniture, catapults and odd mechanical toys (www.ajbox.co.uk) and apply myself to anything EXCEPT for programming... Problem is, can't hold down a 'normal' job because I clearly can do so much and they only want a little! My biggest problem in keeping work is constantly using the most feared word in NT workplaces.. WHY? Why do we do this, why don't we do that instead, why do I have to finish this, why don't we adapt that... They really really don't like it!

If only proper Lego sets weren't stupidly expensive! Even second hand on eBay they're not cheap.

I used to love building the Lego Fire and Police Station sets.

I don't think being creative or having a lack of creativity has anything to do with having aspergers/autism. Based on a lot of the comments here, it seems like about half consider themselves creative, and the other half don't, with the creative people having varying amounts of creative skills and interests. I personally am creative in some areas-very skilled at drawing, somewhat skilled at painting, and used to do musical theater and experiment in short story writing. In other areas, I lack interest in the creative aspects-such as doing nails, hair, and fashion. Also not really into cooking, but baking can be fun if you give me specific instructions, lol.

I know this is an old thread - but only just joined this community, and thought I might revive it. Just in case anyone's still following it - I paint and draw (female and 47) but my stuff is often mistaken for photos due to their realism - I have tried to do more artistic stuff, but always end up with the pic super detailed. Even when I'm doodling - I get my son, who's 11, to help me with the imaginative bit - drawing crazy monsters first and then I go over them in pen. We both enjoy the process, although I don't value the result per se.....
millenium square.jpg

in prog.jpg

I know this is an old thread - but only just joined this community, and thought I might revive it. Just in case anyone's still following it - I paint and draw (female and 47) but my stuff is often mistaken for photos due to their realism - I have tried to do more artistic stuff, but always end up with the pic super detailed. Even when I'm doodling - I get my son, who's 11, to help me with the imaginative bit - drawing crazy monsters first and then I go over them in pen. We both enjoy the process, although I don't value the result per se.....View attachment 28953
View attachment 28955

Wow, you are an incredible artist!

I paint, but mine are absolutely dreadful in comparison

Thank you for saying so, but I don't really understand art. I certainly don't think of myself as an artist....I've nothing to say, really. I just reproduce what I see, and I envy those who can really express ideas and feelings with their paintings. I guess it's an Aspie thing. I'm an extreme systemiser: The doodles are just repetition, pattern and rules/formulas. My son has to make up the creatures, so I guess he is the artist! I'm constantly bemused by people's reaction to them!
emo4.gif

I am quite creative. I enjoy many hobbies and have to make time for these creative endeavors or I will start to fail in other areas of my life. I use some of these things as income streams. And my imagination is so vividly clear that it's downright scary at times. As a child, I never slept at night because I'd see and hear all kinds of things. My parents never got me help and it was torture. I still have trouble with sleeping sometimes.

I think everyone is different and there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe you use the other side of your brain more than the creative side? Are you good at math? LOL

New Threads

Top Bottom