• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any toy or doll collectors here?

Most of my couples are based on animal themes. I have one couple where he reminds me of an owl and she, a pussycat.
Lance (lobster) is married to Lola-Jean (loligine means "squidlike" ;)).
Phineas (cobra) is married to Rikki (mongoose).

The desert scene in my image folders* has an earlier version of Phin & Rikki. (She has since been recast.)

*I am unable to view it or post it here since the upgrade.

Last edited:
I am unable to view it or post it here since the upgrade.
Here it is,...

full

Danger In The Desert!​

Last edited:
I like to collect Transformers, Power Rangers/Super Sentai toys (Both the Rangers and the Zords), Thomas & Friends toy trains (mostly the Thomas Wooden Railway line but not Thomas Wood - Thomas Wood was awful), and some anime figures.

One of the prides of my collection is my Transformers Generations Selects Legacy Titan Class BlackZarak, not necessarily because the figure is rare or anything (it isn't) but more so because of how wild it is that they even released it.

To try and explain as simply as possible:
- Transformers toys are released in different size classes/price points and have been since the Beast Wars line began back in 1996

- One of these size classes is the Titan Class, which saw its first release in 2013

- Titan Class is the biggest and most expensive size class. They release one Titan Class figure a year and the smallest figures in the size class are 18 inches tall in robot mode.

- Back in 2020, the Titan Class figure for that year was Scorponok. An update of a character and toy originally released back in 1987, this new toy stood 21 inches tall in robot mode, could transform into a giant robotic scorpion (the largest beast mode of any Transformers toy) or a gigantic base mode, and, in keeping with the gimmick from his original toy and character, is a Headmaster. Which means the head of his robot mode (which is also the scorpion mode head) can detach and transform into a full poseable Deluxe Class figure of its own called Lord Zarak (for context, Deluxe Class are the most numerous size class and currently retail for about $22-24 US) but then that figure's head itself can detach because it's also a Titan Master (Titan Masters were an updated version of the Headmaster gimmick from the 2016 Titans Return line, so this means this figure is compatible with figures from that line, and the post-Titans Return figures that reused the gimmick - you can swap the smaller heads around all day long)

Now I'm going to have to quickly explain Scorponok in the Japanese Transformers fiction:
- In the Japanese fiction, the character of Scorponok was instead known as MegaZarak and appeared in the anime Transformers: The Headmasters

- After The Headmasters, MegaZarak appeared again in the following series Transformers: Super-God Masterforce under the new name of BlackZarak. With the original Scorponok/MegaZarak toy getting redecoed in a black, red, and gold color scheme and with a new spear accessory and a new helmet/scorpion head piece. (Technically speaking the fact that BlackZarak was MegaZarak was never revealed in the show proper, but it very much was him and was...not explained but literally just said matter-of-factly in a clip show that aired after the final episode in Japanese) (He is also reappeared in the Transformers Zone OVA but that's not really relevant here)

ANYWAYS back to what I was originally talking about:
- Another Transformers toyline is Generations Selects, which debuted in 2019.

- Generations Selects is a very collector-oriented line and is pretty much exclusive to online retailers. It basically serves as (yet another) was for Hasbro to release super-niche redecos/retools that in no way could be mass retail figures (seriously two of the figures in the Selects line are redecos of two previously released toys in color schemes from Diaclone, one of the two toylines that the majority of the original Transformers from 1984-1985 were imported from, and using the ID numbers of the Diakron releases of these toys [Diakron being a short-lived line from 1983 that was pretty much just Takara, who made Diaclone and would then reverse import Transformers, just straight releasing a few Diaclone toys in the US]. That is the level of 'super-niche' we're talking about here)

- In 2020, one of the Generations Selects toys released was Black Roritchi. Black Roritchi was a redeco/slight retool of the toy Fasttrack that had come out the same . Fasttrack was a figure that originally came with Scorponok in 1987 but now had his own separate new toy from Scorponok and Black Roritchi was the redeco of Fasttrack that originally came with BlackZarak in 1988.

- In March 2021, Hasbro made the announcement: Generations Selects BlackZarak. The first Titan Class figure in the Generations Selects line. Coming December 2021/January 2022 for $170.

I was super hyped for this because Super-God Masterforce is literally my favorite Transformers series and A NEW BLACKZARAK. The original figure from the 80s is incredibly rare and expensive both because he was a Japanese exclusive but also because he suffers heavily from Gold Plastic Syndrome (tl;dr problem that effected a lot of Transformers toys with gold/metallic plastic mostly from the late 80s late G1 line through Beast Wars where the gold/metallic plastic wasn't very good and would break super easily just through literal normal usage of like transforming the toy, using any gimmicks, etc. Literally been some examples of people buying never-opened vintage BlackZaraks and discovering broken pieces from their otherwise completely untouched toy. Yeah)

I didn't get mine until June for my birthday, but I got him for a great price. Hasbro Pulse was running a deal during the first week of June: 40% of all eligible purchases of $75 or more. Hasbro Pulse had Black Zarak for $178.99. With the 40% discount + the cost of shipping and sales tax, I got him for only $130.95. ($107.40 before shipping and tax). Hell even accounting for the shipping and tax, I still saved roughly 40% of his normal cost (would've been over $200 had I paid full price for him).

OK that turned out be a lot longer than I was wanting it to be but here's a picture of BlackZarak in his robot mode in comparison to another Transformer (Super Ginrai, a character who's from the same series as BlackZarak):
IMG_20220615_150632874_HDR.jpg

Again, to reiterate, BlackZarak is 21 inches tall. (And because of his height, I mostly keep him in his box because I literally do not have the space to put him on display yet)

My prized item in my fashion doll collection is a SDCC exclusive Monster High Ghostbusters Frankie Stein Doll. I got her off of eBay around the same time as the event for under $75 including shipping which is an extremely good price considering how much anything from that particular Comic Con will go for at least $80 before shipping as soon as they become available.

I also have some hard to find Amiibo figures. Some really rare ones that I have are Player 1 Cloud, Player 1 Bayonetta, 8Bit Link, Young Link, Anniversary Young Link, all four Champions from Breath of the Wild, the Guardian, Palutena, Bowser Jr, Mr Game and Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, Gold Shovel Knight, all for Kirby Planet Robobot figures, and Link’s Awakening Link.

Prized item in my limited edition porcelain doll collection would be the 42 inch doll that is numbered 1 out of 500 and autographed by the doll artist. Second would be my other two 42 inch dolls that are limited to 250 each.

I saw that American Girl recently released two more Historical dolls that are twins representing the early millennium and I have to say I am very annoyed that they are blonde white girls and not Asian! Asians are so underrepresented in the Historical American Girl line and there was only Ivy who is considered to be a Historical doll but she was released in a side line and only a secondary character In Julie’s books. 35% of the line are minorities and four of them are black (not that it’s a bad thing) but Asians have contributed a lot to American history and people seem to forget or ignore it. The transcontinental railroad was built by Chinese immigrants. WWII forced those of Japanese descent into confinement camps just for their heritage after Pearl Harbor. Why did American Girl need to release two more dolls that were Caucasian that were blond and one have blue eyes? Why can’t we get an Asian historical doll like we’ve wanted for over a decade now?

Why did American Girl need to release two more dolls that were Caucasian that were blond and one have blue eyes? Why can’t we get an Asian historical doll like we’ve wanted for over a decade now?
Because white dolls sell.

In my preferred scale [1:6], it is harder to find minority figures outside of big cities.

Yes, but I'm worried about compulsive hoarding because I have a spare room full of bags of plush toys stored in there. There are people in their late teens and twenties thinking they shouldn't have toys at their age, imagine if they knew a 49 year old like me has them (actually they might think it's okay, which it is. Unless you're a hoarder)

I don’t anymore, as I collect other stuff and don’t have room for toys, but I used to collect these, and as a one-time thing, bought this off eBay last year.

Attachments

• 12E05D1B-CF38-4102-A27A-3FAC85A93BFB.jpeg
    12E05D1B-CF38-4102-A27A-3FAC85A93BFB.jpeg
    811.6 KB · Views: 29
I've been collecting dolls and toys for years,mostly barbie,my little pony,strawberry shortcake and Care Bears but I also love Disney princess,monster high and pop vinyl figures,is there anyone else here into collecting toys eithers dolls,action figures or stuffed toys?
I play with toys

The main problem with legos is the cost. Though they are not really overpriced for the quality, and they last forever. If society ever collaspes they might be usable as money when it rebounds. "I will sell you Manhattan Island for 26 Droid Tanks"
It is ridiculous the cost

I’ve been collecting all of the Lego Harry Potter sets that for Hogwarts since 2021 when the 20th anniversary of the line was being celebrated. I only need to save for the final set in the series. I’m only missing the Flying Lesson and promo sets but I’m not too worried about not having them and don’t plan on buying them online unless I find them at a really good price. Once I move into my new home, I will display all of the sets and maybe add a few little hidden secrets to it such as a Lego Mario Goomba with a confused look on its face wearing the Sorting Hat which is figuring out where it belongs. I’m also adding in the Potions Classroom book set to serve as the Potions dungeon and Slytherin common room.

I wish. I'm a married woman, and while I don't think there's anything wrong with collecting toys, I know my husband will say I'm wasting my money and filling the apartment up with stuff I don't need.
I can see his point. We live in a small apartment and he is not interested in toy collecting so it would be unfair to fill the place up with toys lol.
But if I were single, I'd probably get into toy collecting. I still get mesmerized by brightly-coloured plastic objects, and I'm very nostalgic (in fact nostalgia is an interest of mine). I'd love to collect all the Polly Pockets (the old '90s ones), and all the little Thomas The Tank trains I used to have, and the brightly-coloured toy kitchen I loved, and even get my own little ball pit I can just relax in. That would be awesome.

New Threads

Top Bottom