• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any toy or doll collectors here?

Adora

I've been collecting dolls and toys for years,mostly barbie,my little pony,strawberry shortcake and Care Bears but I also love Disney princess,monster high and pop vinyl figures,is there anyone else here into collecting toys eithers dolls,action figures or stuffed toys?

I got this last week. It goes with me everywhere.
41EFJ57xU-L.jpg

I do. My oldest collection is Toy Soldiers, which I have turned into a small internet business. I also have been interested in some things I collected with my kids like Legos and Playmobil. I also have a Lion King card collection I started with my daughter which I add to a bit each year.

I also enjoy seeing and reading about the old toys, though I don't necessarily need to have them anymore. Large collections require a lot of space and old toys can be very expensive.

Last edited:
I do. My oldest collection is Toy Soldiers, which I have turned into a small internet business. I also have been interested in some things I collected with my kids like Legos and Playmobil. I also have a Lion King card collection I started with my daughter which I add to a bit each year.

I also enjoy seeing and reading about the old toys, though I don't necessarily need to have them anymore. Large collections require a lot of space and old toys can be very expensive.
I recently got into Lego it's the only thing I take out of the box lol

I recently got into Lego it's the only thing I take out of the box lol

Yeah, I really miss sitting on the floor paying with the kids with those. Though for me it was actually the cleaning up and sorting all the pieces that was most fun. I could do that for hours. I think that's very Aspie.:D

Yeah, I really miss sitting on the floor paying with the kids with those. Though for me it was actually the cleaning up and sorting all the pieces that was most fun. I could do that for hours. I think that's very Aspie.:D
Yeah it's the first hobbie that combines collecting and building for me I get the Lego elves sets mostly and love building those I built a boat from that collection which is my favourite,I also got a micro millennium falcon from the Star Wars collection and got my eyes on the Lego avengers tower at the moment :D

Yeah it's the first hobbie that combines collecting and building for me I get the Lego elves sets mostly and love building those I built a boat from that collection which is my favourite,I also got a micro millennium falcon from the Star Wars collection and got my eyes on the Lego avengers tower at the moment :D

The main problem with legos is the cost. Though they are not really overpriced for the quality, and they last forever. If society ever collaspes they might be usable as money when it rebounds. "I will sell you Manhattan Island for 26 Droid Tanks"

The main problem with legos is the cost. Though they are not really overpriced for the quality, and they last forever. If society ever collaspes they might be usable as money when it rebounds. "I will sell you Manhattan Island for 26 Droid Tanks"
They are expensive especially here in Australia I won't be able to buy as many as my dolls but I knew a toy shop not far from my in laws that had all their stuff stolen that shows how valuable it is.

They are expensive especially here in Australia I won't be able to buy as many as my dolls but I knew a toy shop not far from my in laws that had all their stuff stolen that shows how valuable it is.

Yes, they are targeted by some criminals. One person was caught changing the price tag stickers on the items. But only after buying over 400 sets over time which they resold on Ebay.

Collecting and something akin to madness go hand in hand and it is interesting to see crazes come and go. Beany Babies comes to mind. But it is totally unpredicatable. But some items, if they possess intrinsic value, if for nothing else then just as toys, like legos, are better at holding some value. Then at least you can give them away to nephews and nieces when the time comes.

Yes, they are targeted by some criminals. One person was caught changing the price tag stickers on the items. But only after buying over 400 sets over time which they resold on Ebay.

Collecting and something akin to madness go hand in hand and it is interesting to see crazes come and go. Beany Babies comes to mind. But it is totally unpredicatable. But some items, if they possess intrinsic value, if for nothing else then just as toys, like legos, are better at holding some value. Then at least you can give them away to nephews and nieces when the time comes.
Beanie babies yeah we have something similar called beanie kids which I was into for a while but have slowed down now,eBay are rip offs in general I use to buy stuff from them but not only do they overcharged on dolls the postage from the U.S. To Australia is crazy that it's more than the doll itself.

I remember at the height of the Beanie Craze here, being at a flea market and overhearing two Biker looking dudes discuss a recent Beanie aquisistion. It ran like:
Biker dude no.1 - "Yeah man, I scored a Percy the seahorse for 20 bucks yesterday. It's going for 200 on Ebay."
Biker dude no.2 - "Whoa"

I think I have 50 Barbies.
They are in several shoe boxes.
My mother and aunt gave me patterns for making clothes for them.
The patterns are too advanced for me at this time.
The main thing that I have done with the Barbies seems to have been get them out,
look at them, put them in groups, put them back. (who could imagine that LOL)
I have made some clothes from my own patterns that I made up and some from the purchased patterns.
It is hard for me to figure out patterns, so it's easier to make up my own.

I think I have 50 Barbies.
They are in several shoe boxes.
My mother and aunt gave me patterns for making clothes for them.
The patterns are too advanced for me at this time.
The main thing that I have done with the Barbies seems to have been get them out,
look at them, put them in groups, put them back. (who could imagine that LOL)
I have made some clothes from my own patterns that I made up and some from the purchased patterns.
It is hard for me to figure out patterns, so it's easier to make up my own.
Yeah I like to collect mostly barbies from the 80s and 90s they are mostly in their original boxes,but I remember when I was little I had this barbie dress maker but I it was a bit advanced for me I was five at the time.

I remember at the height of the Beanie Craze here, being at a flea market and overhearing two Biker looking dudes discuss a recent Beanie aquisistion. It ran like:
Biker dude no.1 - "Yeah man, I scored a Percy the seahorse for 20 bucks yesterday. It's going for 200 on Ebay."
Biker dude no.2 - "Whoa"
Hilarious yeah I had a valuable beanie kid that was going for around 60 dollars on eBay but my dog in his puppy phase got his paws on it and chewed it :(

I do I love dolls and toys I especially love American girl dolls and build a bear. I also have a build a bear that goes everywhere I go.

I do I love dolls and toys I especially love American girl dolls and build a bear. I also have a build a bear that goes everywhere I go.
I recently bought a Princess Luna plush from build a bear I also got her outfit too:) I have heard of the American girl dolls they are cute but you cannot get them in Australia.

I recently bought a Princess Luna plush from build a bear I also got her outfit too:) I have heard of the American girl dolls they are cute but you cannot get them in Australia.
That's cool I have a lot of mlp build a bears and I really want princess cadence. I hope you could get an American girl doll.

That's cool I have a lot of mlp build a bears and I really want princess cadence. I hope you could get an American girl doll.
Princess cadence is pretty and also like shining armour aswell,yeah American girl is something we don't have here I didn't know about them until i saw them on an American TV show one time

New Threads

Top Bottom