• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

All away from Sabah, Malaysia...

Lit

Hi everyone,

I'm Lit. Self-diagnosed aspie (also LGBT) when I was 24. It was a relief to have an answer to my bad social skills, but frustrating to know that my brain is forever wired this way. Autism, in general, is still a powerful stigma in my dogmatic country and will be for a very long time. There's no strong support here in terms of organization or whatnot, support groups are very small and seem inactive. So here I am. I would love to get a proper diagnosis one day.

Derailed - this is how I feel about my life right now. Everything that I dreamt of for my life since I was a kid, where I would be financially, relationship, career etc. - everything went off track. It continues to do so as I get older but I'm trying to make the best of it. Surprised myself this morning when I woke up and wanted to cry right away. I guess I've been bottling up my feelings way too long. Anyway, this forum is a lifeline and I'm glad I found it. I look forward to sharing thoughts with fellow aspies here.

4abd39aba4fd42f8fdeac829c9aca875.png

Welcome! I know the feeling of a derailed life all too well. However, sometimes when nothing goes the way you planned, you end up building a new life that suits you better than the original plan.

I'm 31 now and there are only three aspects of my life that are the way I imagined them when I was in high school: I have cats, I have long hair, and I have a boyfriend with a beard. Everything else about the life I used to dream for myself turned out to be stuff I either didn't want, in the end, or stuff I couldn't do.

Still, being confronted with limitations caused by your own neurological makeup is frustrating, to say the least. I hope you find these forums to be a helpful and welcoming place, and I hope you find your way back to happiness.

Welcome! I know the feeling of a derailed life all too well. However, sometimes when nothing goes the way you planned, you end up building a new life that suits you better than the original plan.

Thank you. This makes me feel less alone.

Welcome to AC. A good place to explore your traits and behaviors relative to those of others.

Selamat datang, Lit!
You've come to the right place to find support and answers from like-minded people. Make yourself at home :)

A derailed life... that would be right under the title if I were to write the story of my life. Just need to find a new track to get on so that it goes from derailed to on track. I certainly relate to this part.

New Threads

Top Bottom