• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who's watched any good scary movies lately?

Last week I re-watched "The Shining " for about the fourth or fifth time. This has to be the thriller of all time.

I have watched quite a few films lately but need to think a bit which one's were good. So many are just 'eh'.

Not for the faint hearted and it's adult themed, but the French film Haute Tension had my heart pounding.

Sometimes my life feels like a scary movie but l still like Pet Semetary. Drag me to Hell is corny but l still scream at certain scenes.

Sometimes my life feels like a scary movie but l still like Pet Semetary. Drag me to Hell is corny but l still scream at certain scenes.
I've read the book of pet semetary, but I haven't quite seen the movie. I haven't seen drag me to hell, how is it corny?

The plot feels too hollywoodish. It's a simple plot line. But the gypsy lady fight scene in the car is pretty terrific. I jump when she stabs the eyeball in her cake at her boyfriend's family house. But it's a evil curse that the movie is dependant on.

I dont really watch movies anymore... too bloody long for something in one sitting. But also they tend to be a bit mindless and REALLY cliche'd. Alot of writers/whatever seem to think that if you just inject lots of gore into something, it becomes good horror. Which, just... no. But that's what happens with hyper-expensive things meant for a mainstream audience.

So, Youtube it is. Usually things that are a series, rather than a single sitting. Though there are exceptions.

My personal favorites are This House Has People In It (which is a single video... or so it seems until you look further), Dont Hug Me I'm Scared, and Salad Fingers. I also really liked Marble Hornets but it's nigh-impossible to follow everything that's going on without explanation videos like the one Night Mind did.

Sometimes I also like the really quick sorts. A good example:

There's plenty of others I could go on about. Youtube really is great for horror stuff.

I would say Hostel is a great scary movie but my main movie to watch is Hellraiser because it's gorey and available on Netflix. Just don't watch it alone, Kiddies!

P.S. Devil, the 2010 psychological horror movie, really does well with the twists and kills. But don't watch if you're claustrophobic.

I went to watch Color Out of Space in theatre last february.
I'm not saying it was a bad movie, but I am NOT going to watch it again.
I was... little too much for me.

The Triangle is good, Melissa George.

I liked that one too. Real mind bender but not left, as is so often the case, ambiguous (which meant the writers couldn't figure how to put the pieces back together again). But I must admit I had to look up one of those 'movies explained' sites to understand all of it. :D

A B-grade film but I thought different/spooky is 'Don't Blink' which is a little like another ok B-Grade 'Vanishing on 7th Street'.

I would say Hostel is a great scary movie but my main movie to watch is Hellraiser because it's gorey and available on Netflix. Just don't watch it alone, Kiddies!

P.S. Devil, the 2010 psychological horror movie, really does well with the twists and kills. But don't watch if you're claustrophobic.
Omg I love hellraiser! I haven't watched Devil yet though

I dont really watch movies anymore... too bloody long for something in one sitting. But also they tend to be a bit mindless and REALLY cliche'd. Alot of writers/whatever seem to think that if you just inject lots of gore into something, it becomes good horror. Which, just... no. But that's what happens with hyper-expensive things meant for a mainstream audience.

So, Youtube it is. Usually things that are a series, rather than a single sitting. Though there are exceptions.

My personal favorites are This House Has People In It (which is a single video... or so it seems until you look further), Dont Hug Me I'm Scared, and Salad Fingers. I also really liked Marble Hornets but it's nigh-impossible to follow everything that's going on without explanation videos like the one Night Mind did.

Sometimes I also like the really quick sorts. A good example:

There's plenty of others I could go on about. Youtube really is great for horror stuff.
I think I might have heard of some of those, my favorite horror channel is bedtime stories. He has great artwork in the videos.

New Threads

Top Bottom