• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who into listening to video game music?

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
Me I'm a person like listening to video game music from my childhood from the 80's and 90's. I wonder if there anyone else out there likes to listen to video game music? There is tons of it on YouTube

I like video game music too. One of my favourite youtube channels is BrawlBRSTMs3 because it has uploads from so many games that I remember :)

My favourite video game music is the soundtracks to the Final Fantasy series... Well, up to a point (that point being when Nobuo Uematsu stopped composing the soundtracks). But there are lots of SNES games like Super Mario World, Zelda A Link to the Past, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Kart and Top Gear, that are permanently imprinted in my memory.

I am also into listening to video game music. I remember that as a kid, I sometimes played Sega Genesis games just for the good old 8 bit music. Titles like Super C, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers 2, Power Rangers 2, Samurai Pizza Cats and many others. The background music just made the gaming more enjoyable and added a nice atmosphere to it. It will always remind me of my childhood :D

I listen to videogame music, mostly 80's and 90's stuff (and not so much the modern stuff with orchestra's) from time to time. For a while I was subscribed to the Legacy music hour podcast, but at some point I just didn't catch up so it got lost somewhere, heh. I'm not that hardcore into it, so I couldn't name you any composers, yet some names might ring a bell eventually, but yes, I do listen to that stuff every once in a while.

I listen to videogame music, mostly 80's and 90's stuff (and not so much the modern stuff with orchestra's) from time to time. For a while I was subscribed to the Legacy music hour podcast, but at some point I just didn't catch up so it got lost somewhere, heh. I'm not that hardcore into it, so I couldn't name you any composers, yet some names might ring a bell eventually, but yes, I do listen to that stuff every once in a while.

80's and 90's is what I like the most too. For 8 bit games, the best music I found was the intro music for Stake or Die 2. The fact they had some speech on the cartridge and the push the NES to the limit on the kind of sounds it can make.

For 16 bit console, I like SNES because the great sound the system can make due to the Sony music cheap.

No worries on composers. I would't be able to name a single one myself.

I love video game music! I downloaded this plugin for Winamp --at in_vgm - Winamp - Maxim’s World of Stuff -- and it plays the original 8-bit music files I downloaded from this page: Music - SMS Power!.

I didn't have any Nintendo systems back in the day; just Sega Master System and Sega Genesis. My faves:

Genesis:
Wonder Boy in Monster World
Sonic the Hedgehog

SMS:
Quartet
Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap
Psycho Fox
Phantasy Star
Out Run

I love video game music! I downloaded this plugin for Winamp --at in_vgm - Winamp - Maxim’s World of Stuff -- and it plays the original 8-bit music files I downloaded from this page: Music - SMS Power!.

I didn't have any Nintendo systems back in the day; just Sega Master System and Sega Genesis. My faves:

Genesis:
Wonder Boy in Monster World
Sonic the Hedgehog

SMS:
Quartet
Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap
Psycho Fox
Phantasy Star
Out Run

Wow I never picture anyone saying Wonder Boy in Monster World. You get a A++ for your response. That a dam good game. I played the Arcade version during my childhood and became broke.

A lot of my playlist music consists of video game music. I have friends that make fun of me for it but I don't care. It's my music and I enjoy it. Just sucks that I have no one to enjoy it with.

A lot of my playlist music consists of video game music. I have friends that make fun of me for it but I don't care. It's my music and I enjoy it. Just sucks that I have no one to enjoy it with.

Those people are not important. The main thing you know what you like.

Nice. Good to know there people on here into this stuff too.

You'll be surprised :p For me, listening to video game music brings me way back into my early years since I grew up with the Nintendo console and remember my Uncle always playing games and helping me and my brothers get passed difficult levels lol

Too bad E bay's and old Nintendo consoles don't cost $25 at a yard sell because people are too busy selling them on that site for way more than their actually worth.

My preferences would usually be osts of pikmin, littlebigplanet, super smash bros, and more of my favourite franchises. The osts of the first two tend to be of more calmer soundtrack. i would tend to choose video game osts over modern pop which i personally avoid

Wow I never picture anyone saying Wonder Boy in Monster World. You get a A++ for your response. That a dam good game. I played the Arcade version during my childhood and became broke.

I hope the arcade version had similar music to the Genesis version, because you might appreciate these... I arranged and recorded covers of two of Shinichi Sakamoto's themes from the game about eight years ago:

This is the theme from Purapril Castle, arranged for classical guitar, congas, flute, and a synth marimba/vibes-type sound:

And this is a heavy metal-inspired arrangement of the theme from the final labyrinth, arranged for electric guitars, bass guitar, synth organ, and digital drum kit:

I hope the arcade version had similar music to the Genesis version, because you might appreciate these... I arranged and recorded covers of two of Shinichi Sakamoto's themes from the game about eight years ago:

This is the theme from Purapril Castle, arranged for classical guitar, congas, flute, and a synth marimba/vibes-type sound:

And this is a heavy metal-inspired arrangement of the theme from the final labyrinth, arranged for electric guitars, bass guitar, synth organ, and digital drum kit:

The 2nd track you shared I liked. It would help if I un mute my speakers first so I can hear it. Thanks for sharing :)

Cool. You might never play Stake or Die 2 before, but wanted to share music from the game. It was amazing they was able to make music like this for a game console made in 1985

I listen to video game music all the time!

Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Bonk's Adventure, Blaster Master, Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Kirby's Adventure, The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros 2, The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Super Hang-On, Ristar, StarTropics...

I listen to video game music all the time!

Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Bonk's Adventure, Blaster Master, Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers, Kirby's Adventure, The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros 2, The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Super Hang-On, Ristar, StarTropics...
Great list of games and happy to see a new person posting for my thread.

New Threads

Top Bottom