• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where is everyone from? Any other fellow New Yorkers?

New York, Adirondack Mountains.

visitadirondacks-wild_walk-credit-the_wild_center.jpg

Republic Of North Texas; Far North Dallas.

Calling this area "The Republic" is a personal joke. In the Greater Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex, more than a hundred miles east-west and as much as 120 miles north-south in places, there are about as many folks from elsewhere in the US and the World as native-born Texans.

North Texas benefits as being "the land of eternal Summer." As I type we are in the core of Winter and the temperatures are 30F at night but usually mid-40's F; daytime highs mid 60's F to mid 70's F. Snow or Ice storms are possible but last only a day or in a bad year two or three days. Summers are high 70's F to high 80's F overnight and hover at 100 F in the daytime. Like the song, "Camelot," Winter ends on March the Second On The Dot. Usually. Dallas is far enough from the oceans and dry enough to keep the mosquitos manageable.

The land here is vast reaches of rolling prairie. Once it was buffalo [bison?] herds and Comanche Indians. Now it is industry and finance; the land of the Dallas-Ft Worth region is relatively packed with people and buildings interconnected with a network of major freeways. There is still a lot of open ground for lawns and grass and trees. Not at all like the solid concrete of those Metroplex zones on the Atlantic and Pacific coasts of North America.

Last edited:
I'm from Salisbury, UK. Home to Salisbury cathedral, gothic architecture on a grand scale, and an original copy of the Magna Carta; along with the highest density of pubs I am aware of anywhere.

From Cartago, Costa Rica.

250px-Cartago_in_Costa_Rica.svg.png

cartago.png

This one is near where I live, that town is called Orosi and the picture is from a gazer a couple of miles where I live.

New Threads

Top Bottom