• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where is everyone from? Any other fellow New Yorkers?

Bit cold though by all accounts ;)

Never actually been to Melbourne, but I'd really like to.

I never took to Sydney personally. Too much huddled humanity for my liking.

The Melbourne/Sydney debate is heated and splits families, causes riots and fruit can be thrown. It is extraordinarily divisive and probably confusing as a tourist I'd imagine.
I actually like visiting Sydney but would never live there even if I could afford my own waterfront mansion complete with staff to tend to the pool, gardens, cooking and a driver of my vintage mustang.
Sydney is full of posers and competition over who has what latest item, etc. There are nicer beaches elsewhere too. But walking around Circular Quay, a ferry ride under the Harbour Bridge for a nostalgic day at Luna Park or around to Rose Bay...or just flopping under a large Morton Bay Fig tree in the gardens... well, that is pretty cool...
Melbourne is more down to earth and artistic. Lots of little laneways to discover hidden gems. Music, antique books, esoteric interests, boutique and one-off items. There is always a place to hide away and enjoy a cup of tea. Dog friendly...lots of parks and gardens. But most importantly, the layout of our city streets MAKES SENSE! Sydney is utterly ILLOGICAL!

The Melbourne/Sydney debate is heated and splits families, causes riots and fruit can be thrown. It is extraordinarily divisive and probably confusing as a tourist I'd imagine.
I actually like visiting Sydney but would never live there even if I could afford my own waterfront mansion complete with staff to tend to the pool, gardens, cooking and a driver of my vintage mustang.
Sydney is full of posers and competition over who has what latest item, etc. There are nicer beaches elsewhere too. But walking around Circular Quay, a ferry ride under the Harbour Bridge for a nostalgic day at Luna Park or around to Rose Bay...or just flopping under a large Morton Bay Fig tree in the gardens... well, that is pretty cool...
Melbourne is more down to earth and artistic. Lots of little laneways to discover hidden gems. Music, antique books, esoteric interests, boutique and one-off items. There is always a place to hide away and enjoy a cup of tea. Dog friendly...lots of parks and gardens. But most importantly, the layout of our city streets MAKES SENSE! Sydney is utterly ILLOGICAL!

I really need to visit Melbourne.

I love living on the Gold Coast, but it's certainly not for the culture, or the chic cool :D.

We have cafe culture but cafes tend to be a concrete box so people can sip lattes by the road side.

Weird really. with all the amazing views we have here.

I'm here for the rain forests, and the beaches in that order.

Weathers not bad either, but this summer was a killer, and our school run still has a destroyed causeway in the middle after the floods.

I really need to visit Melbourne.

I love living on the Gold Coast, but it's certainly not for the culture, or the chic cool :D.

We have cafe culture but cafes tend to be a concrete box so people can sip lattes by the road side.

Weird really. with all the amazing views we have here.

I'm here for the rain forests, and the beaches in that order.

Weathers not bad either, but this summer was a killer, and our school run still has a destroyed causeway in the middle after the floods.
Melbourne seems to prize itself on their cafe culture but I've found the actual coffee is lacking... tea is more consistent.
GC is nice and warm at least :D

Been a NYer by choice my whole adult life. Spent a couple of decades in the NY Metro area, now in the ADK Mountains.

NY-Adirondack-Lakes.jpg

I <3 NY!

New Threads

Top Bottom