• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your ideal home location?

Where would you choose to live, assuming nothing could stop you?

• Urban

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Suburban

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Edge of suburbia

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Country side

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Distant countryside

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • By myself in a forest a million miles from civilisation

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters
Somewhere in the mountains, far enough from society that I can feel at peace, yet close enough so I don't feel totally cut-off. That sounds ideal to me.

I love living in a city, because everything I need is within a reasonable distance. However, we live in the outer suburbs of Cardiff which means that without a car it's a bit arduous getting busses everywhere. I like where we live in terms of the suburb itself, but I would prefer to live in a different part as our house is a tiny terrace and we have awful neighbours. The houses around me are all exactly the same (relatively modern estate) and they've really packed them in so everyone is very close and the majority are rentals...so you have no idea what sort of neighbour you will get, and these houses are among the cheaper to rent in this area.

There are other parts of my suburb with bigger houses, further apart from each other and expensive so you are less likely to get scummy neighbours. I fully realise that makes me sound stuck up.

Urban/Suburban. I don't want to be TOO far from civilization, but I enjoy my privacy, so I guess I could deal with either of the two. I do enjoy the countryside, and love farms/farm life, but I don't think I could take up permanent residence on a farm.

I'd love to be living with my <3 somewhere nice and warm, in a small town, by the beach, and able to access forest in an hour or so.

Alone in a 1 Bedroom Flat with support from my Family.

In fact it'll be 12 years to the day tomorrow since I moved in here on August the 9th 2006.

I like hilly forests with some meadows and hereford cows mooing and a clear spring or lake. I like their red coats and white faces. Don’t like other cows except longhorn. I can hear the meadow larks and quail now! Miss porch swings. The cow poop even has a sweet smell from eating grass. Only dairy cows smell bad. My other favorite place is the ocean near a port with a house with a bay window to watch the ships come in and out. Did both these as a kid. Not into mountains or desert. Definately not hot deserts and flat places, hate those!

I like hilly forests with some meadows and hereford cows mooing and a clear spring or lake. I like their red coats and white faces. Don’t like other cows except longhorn. I can hear the meadow larks and quail now! Miss porch swings. The cow poop even has a sweet smell from eating grass. Only dairy cows smell bad. My other favorite place is the ocean near a port with a house with a bay window to watch the ships come in and out. Did both these as a kid. Not into mountains or desert. Definately not hot deserts and flat places, hate those!
Dairy cows only smell bad because of their cramped conditions :(

I picked urban because of practicality. I have lived more than 20 years without having to drive to work, even with 4 job changes.

But ideally, i would pick a smallish town/city on the edge of wilderness. Mountains or ocean.

I spent a good bit of time in Port Townsend Washington, taking some courses. That was awesome. I kayaked out in the bay every night.

Urban/Suburban. I don't want to be TOO far from civilization, but I enjoy my privacy, so I guess I could deal with either of the two. I do enjoy the countryside, and love farms/farm life, but I don't think I could take up permanent residence on a farm.
Farms are work, just to keep them from getting grown up with trees and underbrush. Expensive to maintain, but i’d like it someone else doing the hardest work:)

Where I live now. The city, suburbs, countryside and forest are all a short distance from each other. Some days I like walking around downtown, other days I like being in the forest, other days on country roads among fields and farms, other days strolling around the suburban neighborhood.

Dairy cows only smell bad because of their cramped conditions :(
Actually just the trail right before they it the dairy barn where they all pile up twice a day and poo. They must feed them a lot of grain or something nasty. They’d make a maggot throw up. Grass fed cows smell clean. I went to an organic dairy farm and it smelled ok, but he kept the entrance lot clean. I’d like some sheep milk. I hear it is healthy. By health rating, sheep first, then goat, then Jersey. I wouldn’t mind having herd animals. I miss being on a farm. Peaceful.

There used to be a huge Carnation brand dairy farm in the town of Carnation, WA and I've heard it had a pretty awful smell driving past it. I've only seen cows out in pastures.

There are certain places in Arkansas in the ozarks you do not want to go because it is chicken houses at every house and they don’t keep the sawdust changed out.

Last edited:
In the countryside, far enough away not to be bothered by neighbours' dogs barking or children playing, but with easy access to the shops and other amenities. I also like to have quiet places to walk nearby.

New Threads

Top Bottom