• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your ideal home location?

Where would you choose to live, assuming nothing could stop you?

• Urban

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Suburban

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Edge of suburbia

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Country side

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Distant countryside

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • By myself in a forest a million miles from civilisation

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters

Full Steam

The renegade master
V.I.P Member
I've always had dreams of a remote forest location, but in reality I think I would mostly choose country side with the ability to go to city shops occaisonally.

Stalheim-canyon-Photocredit-Rolf-SorensenVisitFlam.jpg

id love to live in my own supported housing facility somewhere very snowy in a small friendly village,maybe alaska? but i voted for countryside as i used to live on the edge of it and i loved going in my car and heading off to the residential home farm there,the peace and quiet was amazing as was the scenery,until all the young kids from my residential home came and run riot shouting.
all of my family come from a countryside background,its just my mum and dad who decided to uproot and come to manchester unfortunately, then again i wouldnt have met my cat mr shadow and they dont really do residential care/supported living in the countryside from what i see.

Urban. I love the peace and quiet of the countryside for a few days, but I'm a city girl. I couldn't survive living more than a few blocks away from the nearest supermarket and pub (because lazy) and I'd become a hermit if I'd have to travel more than 15 minutes to see my friends.

Luckily I live in a relatively small city with the highest pub-to-popular ratio of the country :D

Ever since I seen the opening credits to the television series "Airwolf" with the main character Stringfellow Hawke sitting outside of his log cabin by the lake in a forest I've thought it would be great place to live.

It's just the practicality that would spoil it for me, being so far away from supermarkets, etc.

I think I picked it out for me.
In northern Queensland is a little town north of Townsville called Lucinda. It's on the coast, and a little run down. I think it was once a popular fishing holiday town, with a business of loading sugar cane onto ships. But it's fading. Lots of closed shops and unused houses.

But it's pretty, and quiet, and not too remote from shops and light contact with other humans. And always very warm, perhaps being hit by the occasional cyclone.

So, I buy a boat... I'm not a fisherman, but puttering about the tropical bays and islands would be lovely. And it's a base for exploring the rainforests and general strangeness of Australia's Deep North.

A life wearing shorts and sandals.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the results. I picked in a forest far from people. My ideal home is a forest in Alaska.

I think I picked it out for me.
In northern Queensland is a little town north of Townsville called Lucinda. It's on the coast, and a little run down. I think it was once a popular fishing holiday town, with a business of loading sugar cane onto ships. But it's fading. Lots of closed shops and unused houses.

But it's pretty, and quiet, and not too remote from shops and light contact with other humans. And always very warm, perhaps being hit by the occasional cyclone.

So, I buy a boat... I'm not a fisherman, but puttering about the tropical bays and islands would be lovely. And it's a base for exploring the rainforests and general strangeness of Australia's Deep North.

A life wearing shorts and sandals.

That looks awesome.

I love N. QLD, and I'd be very happy with that.

Diving the reef and getting out in the rain forest would make up for the crocs, the jellies, and the cyclones.

Some where just outside Port Douglas would do me too.

With a girl that I love.
That matters to me the most.

If I were to adhere to the poll, then I would pick urban, because the career I want to have requires a lot of communication.

If I were to adhere to the poll and disregard my career, then I don't know. I think I would pick urban again.

A log cabin far from civilization would be nice. With a nice toasty woodstove.
@Jimbo this is exactly why i went to centreparcs,your in a log cabin in the middle of a forest and you feel like no ones around but when i stayed i was told there were over 5000 on site at the time,oh plus theres the wooden log fire so that suits all your criteria. :D

happy birthday @LittleLemon

@Jimbo this is exactly why i went to centreparcs,your in a log cabin in the middle of a forest and you feel like no ones around but when i stayed i was told there were over 5000 on site at the time,oh plus theres the wooden log fire so that suits all your criteria. :D

happy birthday @LittleLemon
Sounds like living a Dream to me!

I have never considered going Center Parcs. I had a look on their website and it looks amazing.
desismileys_3254.gif

I really don't know. I like the idea of living in a northern area or country. The thought of living in a snow covered tundra or mountainous areas that I can look up to and be amazed would be great. But at the same time I'd like to be around people, I wouldn't like to be isolated and I do have frustrations with living in the countryside now. But I also don't cope with cold weather all that well. I suppose it's something you'd get used to but I'm not too sure.

I would love to live on a farm just outside of a big town or city, so that I'm remote enough for the quiet and close enough to work and shop easily.

When I bought a house a couple of years ago I was honest & upfront with my realtor when she asked me this very question and I told her I wanted three primary things:

1. No HOA's or neighbors with the ability to tell me what to do.
2. A wood burning stove or fireplace.
3. The isolation & privacy to be able to walk out my front door butt naked with a shotgun, fire it in any direction that I choose and not offend, threaten or concern my nearest neighbor.......

She thought I was joking at first, but as we toured houses and she saw what I liked & disliked, she found me exactly what I was looking for ;)

I would love to live a long ways away from people. I think it would be fun not having neighbours. I live in the country right now, but I want to be even farther out. Get some time to be alone for about 7 years. Haha. Not really. But seriously. I think I would be able to do more if I had the space.

New Threads

Top Bottom