• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Would You Do If You Could Be An NT For 1 Week ???

That's really sad. I would hope that regardless of your neurology they would love you and appreciate you for who you are. You're a human being, not a trophy. I'm sure they have many wonderful memories of you as you are and wouldn't want you to be different.

They love me unconditionally. But they always let slip something like "I just wish you would be different, but it's okay". My grandfather says I can change if I want it badly enough. He says if I stay like this it's because I don't want to love him.

I think my mom is fine, though. She had two children after me and they give her all the love I can't. They're adorable.

Recording reactions to things like accidentally stubbing my toe or running into tables. I think I have mildly exaggerated responses to stuff like that.

I'd like to use my NT social skills to get a job and win at interviews, and then when I go back to being autistic, I can have the job still.

Actually finish a short story, because I can have my writing skills and a normal executive functioning.

I've only known the title of my AS for 6 months now although I've always known I was "different". I don't have a clue to the positive side of this yet. I love my unique self whether or not anyone else does. I have a great heart, BUT, being nice doesn't pay the bills. I need income, but how do I explain Asperger's to NT empolyers?????? Fear comes over me at the very thought of the job interview. I don't know how to take that 1st step. I'm a 12 year old girl with an adult body.

I feel like that too! What I do is get to know the people I'm gonna work with beforehand. My boss from my previous (could be current, but I'm not working at the moment) work place was my English teacher years ago. So it was okay, he already knew me and my skills.

If I don't like the job I do, it just doesn't work for me. I might sound picky, maybe I am, but I need somewhere I'm comfortable at.

You'll find a good place that suits your needs. Just have some relentless determination like me and be truthful to yourself when it comes to jobs.

I'm a small town lady who is NOT a hillbilly. I'm native Texan and that is how I talk. That kinda hurt my feelings after I've done nothing but show you kindness.
Oh sorry, I was totally joking :oops::(

I'm a 12 year old girl with an adult body.
That'd make you interesting to know. I vary from 10-18yrs old depending on what I'm doing, thinking or feeling.

If I don't like the job I do, it just doesn't work for me. I might sound picky, maybe I am, but I need somewhere I'm comfortable at.

No that seems logical given that you're gonna be the about 8hrs a day for 5 days a week for roughly 42 weeks per year for about 40yrs of your adult life.

Then I would be the son my father and mother always wanted. They would miss me when I turned back, though, but at least they would have a good memory to fancy. Actually, I think this would be very cruel. Better not. They love me unconditionally. But they always let slip something like "I just wish you would be different, but it's okay". My grandfather says I can change if I want it badly enough. He says if I stay like this it's because I don't want to love him.

Thats kind of sad. I think it's only in my mid twenties that I was realised truely to be different but my parents have issues with small things about me here and there that normally aren't to do with being an aspie. Your grandad just sounds old school and from the era that failed to recognise such things as autism, tourettes and aspergers, I wouldn't take it too personally.

I can tell you as a native Texan, I'm quite familiar with our social conventions, mannerisms, and whatnot.

Y'all is strictly found in Texas dialogue. You being from the UK, may not know this but hillbillies are not found in Alabama. And hillybillies certainly don't round up posses.

Well the joke is on you as there's three, no four things we Texans don't need. We don't need you're metric system, we don't need your soccer, we don't your need your "effete" accents as our do just fine, and we certainly don't need your opinions about our guns.

Would you like to be taught another lesson?
;):confused::eek:
I can certainly see to it that it happens. :rolleyes::p:D:cool:

Y'all????o_O:confused: :eek:
Oh no, you're an alabama hilbillie. Quick quick!! Round up the posse and chase her out of town :rolleyes::p:D:cool:

I've struggled for too long to at least appear to be normal, that I really don't think I could think of anything to do that would be helpful or interesting if this were to happen. Then again, I'm not too good at imagining myself as something other than I am.

Hmmm, that almost strikes me as being an epiphany, though I know it isn't anything of the sort.

I can tell you as a native Texan, I'm quite familiar with our social conventions, mannerisms, and whatnot.

Y'all is strictly found in Texas dialogue. You being from the UK, may not know this but hillbillies are not found in Alabama. And hillybillies certainly don't round up posses.

Well the joke is on you as there's three, no four things we Texans don't need. We don't need you're metric system, we don't need your soccer, we don't your need your "effete" accents as our do just fine, and we certainly don't need your opinions about our guns.

My grandfather was of Kentucky hillbilly stock (no, really, I mean it), but had the good sense to move to Texas. Lucky for me, he moved again so I could be born in a climate a little more to my liking. Unfortunately, I seem to have retained some of the hillbilly ways, though not as bad as my sister.

Wwww.....whhat did that last sentence mean? :eek:
To be fair all of amercia was lucky not to have incurred the wrath of North Koreas Nuclear missile that they had pointed at you a while back, so you're all lucky to be alive :p Other countries were saying their prayers for you during this crisis, we almost lost y'all.
Actually yer I can imagine it now, you're right about hilbillies not using the word y'all, it just sounds like a word they'd use. But I'd never associated it with texas. All I know of texas is that there's an airhorn site that I've purchased some items from recently
:D

Y'all????o_O:confused: :eek:
Oh no, you're an alabama hilbillie. Quick quick!! Round up the posse and chase her out of town
:rolleyes::p:D:cool:
I'm from the upper reaches of Appalachia very near West Virginia,so in effect,you could call me a hillbilly...yet another one who might like to school ya a bit.
Y'all drink warm beer,cook bland food,have silly laws,monarchy that does exactly what except ride on your coattails,way too many accents for how small your country is,a camera on nearly every place they want to look atcha,make very crappy cars and a have hatred for the very people who tossed your oppressive and tyranical butts out of here many years ago. For a long while,y'all basically tried to defeat any country that you wanted to and call it your own and have very strong opinions about things you know little or nothing about.
Y'all gotta let me know if I missed anything,we ain't very eddicated from here in the hills ;)

BANG!! You're dead. Shot by the hand gun your country was silly enough to let me own (and everyone else in your country) whilst I was mentally unstable and held a grudge. We don't really have much gun crime in this country (obviously it's not perfect but we're a far safer country than the USA and most other countries in the world barring a few scandinavian countries that we tie with). Your country still hasn't fully dealt with racism, yer I've seen the news and the scandals.

We're a country that's liked by most other countries as we've not rubbed them up the wrong way over the decades (I.e the commonwealth). In Europe we're starting a revolution whereby we'll either lead other countries to also leave the EU through their own referendums or we'll have no freedom of immigrtant movement but still have free access to a single market consisting of 10's and 10's of countries.

Our monarchy is outdated (Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are better british ambassadors), so why are so many americans (and other countries around the word) are obsessed by our royals (tuning in for royal births and weddings in our country). The answer is because we're a country with a deep routed history (yours is no more than a few hundred years old) and have a lot of respect from said times around the world.

We're regarded by many as the best cooks in the world and set standards other countries adhere to. You think our food is bland, give 'marmite' a try. Remeber that America leads the way with obesity, we're not perfect, but we fight it as best we can. Oh yer and you couldn't get enough of Gorden Ramsey and Jamie oliver who have appeared on numerous american shows to school you in healthy eating and how to run a food/catering business.

More of your country was originally founded by Brits than any other country as the forefathers were born in Britain and in fact the meeting for the expedition that seeded your country occured a mile from where I live now (within my home town of Billericay which is a town 700 years older than your country). We apparently lost the war to you because we were already fighting other european countries and didn't have the required forces to spare to keep america. The british have otherwise never lost a war. American cars are gas guzzling monsters well suited for some car enthusiasts but are as green friendly as carbon monoxide and corner like a car weighted with cement. Britain is one of the leaders in everything green friendly and we have plenty of successful well sought after car brand - Land Rover, Aston Martin, Bentley.

Small countries are easy to manage, yours has conflicting laws depending on what state you go into. If you're talking about just England then we have roughly 7 accents.

Oh and we never forgave you for ruining the englaish language with sentences consiting of words such as 'Don't gotta....', 'I could care less' (which is supposed to mean that you couldn't care less) and terrible spelling of words. Hence the reason we feel you speak 'American' and not 'english'.
Oh,so you were offended by my generalizations?

If your grandfather moved to Texas. I'm sure he was a smart man.
My grandfather was of Kentucky hillbilly stock (no, really, I mean it), but had the good sense to move to Texas. Lucky for me, he moved again so I could be born in a climate a little more to my liking. Unfortunately, I seem to have retained some of the hillbilly ways, though not as bad as my sister.

Would I even want to be NT?

My experiences with the crowd I was expected to hang with was off-the-wall EXCRUCIATING boredom.

Not with me you won't.I'll ignore you like I should have in the beginning
That's not necessary, we're mostly all adults here.

Not all of us are pissed off because we have autism,so I would probably kill myself :p

I'd probably bore myself to tears considering the effect most NTs have on me. :p

Would I even want to be NT?

My experiences with the crowd I was expected to hang with was off-the-wall EXCRUCIATING boredom.

I would not want to be an NT, even for a week.

Wow, why do you all hate or get bored by NT's? Besides, I didn't mean being an NT forever.

There's nothing wrong with being autistic nor is there anything wrong with being neurotypical. We are all human beings and I don't care who you are, all have different wiring and things that make us tic. I think that NT's just aren't open enough to accept their own qualms in life where we do accept and even embrace our autie/aspie traits. I hope Y'all can find some sort of common ground and make peace!

Heck, I am married to an NT. We get along fine :)

I just don't know what I would do being wired differently. NT's have had a whole lifetime to adjust to it.

I'm not sure what I would do if I were an NT. I'm sure I would probably still be living in the same rabbit of confusion I'm in now.:rolleyes:

New Threads

Top Bottom