• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Some of 'Teenagers from Outer Space,'
last night. It was the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version.
The 'gargon' looks like a lobster and reminds me of the
'tingler' only less hokey.

The grandfather who agrees to provide room & board for
the alien is entirely implausible in his naivete. The aliens
are mostly jerks.

I will probably watch some more of it sometime.
It was funny. Unintentionally, maybe.

I saw seven short films at the Banff Mountain Film Festival on tour: Young Guns (about teenage rock climbers), Metronomic (musical acrobats), Four Mums in a Boat (the oldest all-female crew to row the Atlantic), Max Your Days (summer solstice on Canada's west coast), Dog Power (dog-powered sports), Fledglings (paragliding) and Danny Macaskill's Wee Day Out (stunt cycling).

Kong: Skull Island 7/10.

I was asleep during some bits and missed some of the story, but overall it was very good, surprised to see John Goodman in it, I somehow thought he was dead?

Beauty and the Beast (new one) 7.5/10.

Better than I was expecting, although some of Emma Watson's singing felt a bit forced IMO, not that she can't sing though, she was good.

Power Rangers 7.5/10.

I really enjoyed it. I liked the action, I liked the humour, and I loved the character work and thought Rita was a character that should have been in a horror movie during the first half. I still hate the megazord design and it's a shame the big focus on an origin story didn't allow them to get the perfect balance but it was a lot of fun. I hope it does well enough for a sequel.

Power Rangers 7.5/10.

I really enjoyed it. I liked the action, I liked the humour, and I loved the character work and thought Rita was a character that should have been in a horror movie during the first half. I still hate the megazord design and it's a shame the big focus on an origin story didn't allow them to get the perfect balance but it was a lot of fun. I hope it does well enough for a sequel.

Apparently they've got a six film arc planned - so here's hoping this film does well enough.

I didn't rate the new Power Rangers to be honest, I mean yeah OK I did my usual trick of falling asleep so I missed some bits, but overall I didn't really like it.

I did watch the 1995 Mighty Morphing Power Rangers movie this morning though, the one with Ivan Ooze, that was better IMO.

I missed them in the film, but apparently the original Pink Ranger, Amy Jo Johnson had a cameo role, as did Jason David Frank, the original Green/White Ranger.

I missed them in the film, but apparently the original Pink Ranger, Amy Jo Johnson had a cameo role, as did Jason David Frank, the original Green/White Ranger.
They were a couple in the crowd taking photos of the megazord at the end. It's a shame we didn't get cameos of all the living original rangers and Bulk and Skull.

"Dracula Untold"

Meh. Another good story marred by bad storytelling. A pity. They could have used this film to portray the story of "Vlad the Impaler"...without any references to Bram Stoker's famous fictional novel. But they didn't. Too bad...the history seems as good as the fiction we all know so well.

Jurassic World

It had some good ideas and great special effects. However the plot and acting were horrible! Just feels like another cashgrab sequel/reboot because writers are out of original ideas..

A Streetcat Named Bob.... awesome true story about a busker and recovering drug addict, had his life transformed when he met a stray ginger cat.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom