• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Her by Spike Jonze.

The acting is fantastic, the soundtrack is very beautiful (and made me tear up on multiple occasions) and it's nice to finally watch a romcom that isn't full of clichés and is made by a capable director.
I loved Her but nobody I know will watch it. Whenever I try to describe the plot they laugh at it like it's supposed to be some dumb Adam Sandler comedy, in actuality the movie is beautiful and touching.

I loved Her but nobody I know will watch it. Whenever I try to describe the plot they laugh at it like it's supposed to be some dumb Adam Sandler comedy, in actuality the movie is beautiful and touching.

I can imagine how upsetting that must be. I really hate it when people are so ignorant. Haven't they ever heard of "don't judge a book by its cover"?
Maybe you can show them the trailer?

The Waterboy

This was the first time in many years I had seen it. It holds up well, it's still pretty funny and isn't just a crude "guy movie" like many of Sandler's movies tend to be. I'm glad for that. As I've grown older.. I've realized crude, grossout humor, sexist comedy (and similar things) just aren't funny much at all anymore. I'm a person that wont joke about everything because many of the things are poking fun at serious issues.

Personal Shopper, as it was playing at the local arthouse theatre.

Kristen Stewart gets a bad rap, but she's actually a pretty good actress when she's given decent material to work with.

i saw half a terrible Simon Templar (the Saint, played by Roger Moore) film on tv today (it's a public holiday in the UK), but before that I saw The Conformist at the Italian Cultural Institute - excellent.

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, much better than I was expecting given that the original was IMO a bit pants, mainly because Dave Bautista clearly went to the same "Acting School" as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson IMO, neither of them could act their way out of a damp Tesco carrier bag.

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, much better than I was expecting given that the original was IMO a bit pants
I haven't seen the new one yet but I thought the first was okay. I've put off watching the second because I've read many times that it takes what people liked the first time and delivers it to the extreme. I'm expecting it to get tiresome by the end of the first act.

Attack the Block (2011)

An underrated cult movie about a teenage street gang on a council estate in South London having to defend themselves from an invasion of predatory aliens on Guy Fawkes Night.
The films stars include Jodie Whittaker (Broadchurch), Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead), Franz Drameh (DC Legends of Tomorrow) and John Boyega (Star Wars: The Force Awakens)

If you get a chance to watch it, I'd recommend it.

"The Prestige"

Film about two stage magicians bitterly locked in a competition that crosses every line imaginable. With a devastating ending. Starring Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale and Michael Caine. Directed and written by Christopher Nolan.

Worth seeing.

The movie Lion (2016). I don't usually get emotional during a film but this one was very touching. It's definitely one of the better films I've seen so far this year.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge 7/10.

Better than I was expecting, some good action scenes.

I plan to go and see Wonder Woman later this week, comes out on Thursday.

Monster (2003 film)
Monster (2003 film) - Wikipedia

monster-5222b99d2cd01.jpg

Just actually watched a movie called Adam, about a young man with Aspergers Syndrome, and it turned out to be pretty good. Hugh Dancy nailed the role, and it also stars Rose Byrne and Peter Gallagher. Adam (2009) - IMDb

Wonder Woman 7.5/10

I missed some bits as I was rather tired so I fell asleep during some parts but saw most of it, enough to give it the above rating anyway.

Planning to see Baywatch with Dwayne Johnson later this week.

New Threads

Top Bottom