• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

I went to see the live action Beauty and the beast and I loved it,i so happy that they made a great live action movie of my favourite Disney princess movie,my husband went with me and he said Gaston stole the show.

The Flight of Dragons
An underrated animated movie from the 80's - based on the books The Flight of Dragons by Peter Dickenson and The Dragon and the George by Gordon Dickson, while the film was made by Rankin/Bass.

The story begins in the 10th Century as mankind's growing preference of logic over magic is putting the magical world and all its inhabitants at the real risk of vanishing forever.
To try and preserve it, Carolinus - the Green Wizard of Nature's Realm - summons his three magic brothers to a meeting, where he proposes they combine their powers to create a final realm of magic, which would ensure the survival of magic and in turn mean there will always be magic to inspire man to 'surmount the insurmountable'.
However, Ommadon - the Red Wizard of the Devil's domain - refuses and instead plans to use his darkpowers to make mankind destroy themselves with their science and logic. With the magic brothers forbidden by the ancient laws of enchantment from warring on one another, Carolinus decides to inspire a quest with its mission to steal Ommadon's crown; the source of his powers.
In order to achieve this, Carolinus selects a leader for the quest - an author from the 20th century with a scientific background yet a love of fantasy and dragons.

Outside of the opening theme, there's no musical numbers and the film does have a lot of depth and detail as well as both adult humor and some scary moments - with a fair few death scenes which are either implied or graphically portrayed. It's also got a fairly good voice cast with the talents of Harry Morgan (M.A.S.H), Don Messick (Scooby Doo, Jonny Quest, The Transformers), John Ritter (It, Bad Santa) and James Earl Jones (Star Wars, The Lion King) as the voice of Ommadon.

If you get a chance, I'd recommend watching it. Here's a fan-made trailer for it and the opening song by Don McLean:

Last edited:
"50 Shades of Grey"

Seemed like a bit of a letdown that the film itself, much like the character Christian Grey chose not to really explain in detail what motivated him in his relationship with Anastasia Steele. Or like everything else in his billionaire life, was it just a business negotiation?

Then again it could have been just someone's rehash of "Cinderella". With BDSM and a sad ending added. Still, it amounted to yet another interesting subject spoiled through poor story telling.

Though the film did make me feel a bit depressed in reflecting a man clearly "outside the mainstream" struggling to connect with a woman who seemed fairly conventional. That I get.

Last edited:
American Pastoral

It was very well made but was the most depressing movie I have ever watched possibly because I have been feeling down. Would not recommend but its only $5 on steam.

'after thomas', i ordered it from amazon. its a true story about a boy with severe classic autism, and i related to every aspect it showed in the story, from being obsessed with the old style thomas the tank engine,to echolalia, to going shopping for new shoes to relating to animals [although he didnt have the instant attraction to animals that i had,for him it took minutes].
however,he didnt have intellectual disability,so he wasnt low functioning and at the end of the film it says he went on to get a ton of GCSEs which is well beyond my capability as i am not academic.

i really recommend the film to everyone.

The Number 23.

I pretty much had the conclusion to it pegged straight away, but it didn't take away any of the entertainment value.

I do like me a psychological thriller/horror.

"Rogue One"

The ultimate prequel. As always, amazing "top-end" special effects. :cool:

Last edited:
"Regarding Henry"

One of Harrison Ford's better films IMO. About a ruthless lawyer who is shot during a liquor store robbery and while he slowly recovers, is not the man he was. Much to the delight of his own family.

South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, was on Sky Movies this morning.

Pretty good and funny. not sure if it's appropriate for Saturday morning viewing though, lots of F words and general swearing/violence.

I watched Lady and the Tramp last night. It made me laugh; connecting back to my childhood. I'll probably watch it again soon. :grinning:

Personal Shopper, a poltergeist movie which I caught at the local arthouse cinema. I would never have expected to see a film where Kristen Stewart actually had a remarkable presence, but this one fit the bill. French production, but mostly in English.

Before that I saw the new live-action Beauty and the Beast, and my disappointment cannot be adequately expressed in words. It was far too long, and they made the mistake of having A-list actors sing the songs themselves, rather than bringing on genuine Broadway actors... I mean, come on, there is absolutely no way you can replace Jerry Orbach as Lumière, and Ewan McGregor did a terrible job. I'm sorry to anyone who loved it, I just cannot count myself among y'all.

I'm watching Hansel and Gretel witch hunters...damn that's not how I remember the children's story :eek:

Last edited:
Ghost in the Shell with Scarlett Johannsen, 6/10.

I'll download the Anime from Sky this week, I'm sure that was better.

Ghost in the Shell with Scarlett Johannsen, 6/10.

I'll download the Anime from Sky this week, I'm sure that was better.

You'll often find that with many Western movie adaptions of Japanese properties, the adaptions often (although not always) suck.

Dragonball Evolution: Sucked
Guyver: Wasn't bad, but its sequel (Guyver 2: Dark Hero - which had an R rating) was better
Speed Racer: Sucked
Godzilla (1998): Sucked
Astro Boy: Sucked
Fist of the North Star: Sucked
Crying Freeman: Sucked
Godzilla (2014): Was pretty good in my opinion.

Rogue One: A Star Wars story, saw it all the way through without falling asleep 9/10.

The Boss Baby, 8/10 very funny comedy, with the way it ended I think there might be a Boss Baby 2 maybe next year.

Her by Spike Jonze.

The acting is fantastic, the soundtrack is very beautiful (and made me tear up on multiple occasions) and it's nice to finally watch a romcom that isn't full of clichés and is made by a capable director.

I've never been in a relationship and don't really care much for romance, but, like Before Midnight, it's not difficult to fall in love with the characters and the bond they share. I highly recommend this movie to anyone; whether you're in love, in a relationship, recently broke up or if you just like good movies.

maxresdefault.jpg
her-joaquin-phoenix-41.jpg
her.jpeg
o-NEW-HER-TRAILER-facebook.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom