• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Just noticed the calendar. December 7, 2023. So at some point today I'll be watching "Tora Tora Tora!"

Tonari no Totoro.

It is the rare kind of film where none of the characters make any malicious action whatsoever. Plus it has a great Joe Hisaishi soundtrack.

Muppet Christmas Carol - A holiday classic and a must see every year for me.

The version I watch is one which has Belle's song "When Love Is Gone" (having watched a VHS version with that one when I was a kid so it always feels weird watching the film without it), especially as the song sung at the end of the film is called "The Love We Found" - so it serves as a nice bookend for the film in my opinion.
If you disagree, then fair enough.

The main actor has a decidedly Aspie vibe too. Even the way he walks, looks Autistic to me.
It has a lot of maths and physics that go over my head but I'm a conspiracy buff and love all intelligent discussion and media around all things paranormal (as does my guy friend) so I'm loving this movie.

"The Trouble With Angels" (1966)

A comedy about two "delinquents" sent to a Catholic girls school and novitiate for nuns with some "scathingly brilliant" ideas. With quite an interesting ending. Also starring veteran actor Rosalind Russell at her best.

Perhaps Hayley Mills' best performance rivaling herself in "The Parent Trap" (1961).

Last edited:
I finally watched, The Last Voyage of the Demeter. It's decidedly not the script I read and consulted on 20 years ago. It was supposed to be a whodunnit instead of just a straight monster movie. It's still decent, but the big changes make the film rather drag in a not-so-intelligent way. I don't want to say much else because I would probably spoil it for anyone.

Godzilla: Minus One.

Definitely a great watch, and probably one of the few Godzilla movies where you genuinely care about the human characters while still giving Godzilla plenty of time to shine.

Rewatched The Thing (2011) Prequel. About the third time. Like it better with each rewatch for some reason. The Norwegian station vibe was always interesting but appreciate Winstead's subdued but believeable performance more.

thing.jpg

I quite enjoyed this movie. I can confidently say it's one of the best Sci Fi movies I've seen, despite having Nicolas Cage as the lead actor (I'm not the biggest Nick Cage fan, to put it mildly). It does have our (Australian born) Rose Byne in it too, (I am a fan). Quite the thrilling, engaging ride in true dystopian, Apocalyptic style. Great CGI at the end, I thought, especially considering it's 15 years old now.

I LOVED this movie! Canadian movie about a bereaved widow, his (utterly ADORABLE) 4 month old baby girl and a (rather Aspie-ish) physicist who employs him to renovate her basement. It's got some existentialist content of substance, in the form of physics theory around time and such, that are intriguing food for thought for us cerebral types, but really, it's a romantic comedy about a dad coming to terms with losing his wife, and figuring out how to raise his baby daughter ( and getting hit on by an Aspie physicist).

Die Hard
diehardposter.jpg

Another movie I watch every Christmas and I do enjoy it - both from seeing Bruce Willis as a cop thrust into a situation he definitely doesn't want to be in but who powers on through regardless to save his wife, as well as seeing the late Alan Rickman as a sadistic yet sophisticated villain with a plan he is determined to see through by any means necessary.

Last film I watched which I hsve watched loads before is certainly not to everyone's taste but is a great film - Filth (2013) and the book is even better

New Threads

Top Bottom