• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What quotes/ Words have stuck with you

i am interested to know what is the best advice you have ever been given?
Mine is that the most valuable life is the one travelled as a long obedience in the same direction (originally from Nietzsche).
Then, because you are wounded by life, always be compassionate to those with the same wounds (be a wounded healer).

Any words quotes you have heard, read, thought etc which have stuck with you. Me me their is three.

The first is 'People way I'm good with special needs teenagers. No I'm just good with teenagers'. This was sad by the taxi driver who use to take me to school because it made me so happy someone thought of me as a 'teenager' not a 'special needs teenager'.

The second quote is 'You are a success story' . This was said to me by one of my faverite teachers at school. I often think of this quote when see something seems overwhelming or I feel like I have failed.

The third quote is 'Where are the awards for the people who do ordinary things, under extroinary conditions' This is one I started thinking if myself after leaving my secondary school award ceremony and relishing no awards had been given to anyone in an unfortunate circumstance just getting through. It was the same incredibly smart people getting the recognition. Not the girl who had to go to the food bank, the girl who had a nervous break down because her Mum had ran away from home or me the Gil who was in and ofof hospital with seizures, faint, dislocations etc. Where was our recognition for achieving despite the odds
Mine is from the film withnail & i... " i could never touch meat before it is cooked, as a youth i used to weep in butchers shops"

"Arrogance and self-knowledge seldom go hand in hand", the last James Bond movie that I saw, don't remember which one.

Lord of the Rings - All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us

"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.
"When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day.
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Alice in Wonderland.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it's asking others to live as one wishes to live" (Oscar Wilde) - I'm being reminded of this one almost daily.

327894445_639345341284347_7249525802901370036_n.jpg

Ed

The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates of considering happiness as something rather stupid.Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist, a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain.

Ursula K. Le guin

Always live in the moment. You never know how much time you have on this planet. Make sure you live your life how you want it and where you want it. It’s important to think about today and not the future because the present is the time that you have control of. This has helped me a lot with my anxiety about things I can’t control.

New Threads

Top Bottom