• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What quotes/ Words have stuck with you

ZebraAutismo

V.I.P Member
Any words quotes you have heard, read, thought etc which have stuck with you. Me me their is three.

The first is 'People way I'm good with special needs teenagers. No I'm just good with teenagers'. This was sad by the taxi driver who use to take me to school because it made me so happy someone thought of me as a 'teenager' not a 'special needs teenager'.

The second quote is 'You are a success story' . This was said to me by one of my faverite teachers at school. I often think of this quote when see something seems overwhelming or I feel like I have failed.

The third quote is 'Where are the awards for the people who do ordinary things, under extroinary conditions' This is one I started thinking if myself after leaving my secondary school award ceremony and relishing no awards had been given to anyone in an unfortunate circumstance just getting through. It was the same incredibly smart people getting the recognition. Not the girl who had to go to the food bank, the girl who had a nervous break down because her Mum had ran away from home or me the Gil who was in and ofof hospital with seizures, faint, dislocations etc. Where was our recognition for achieving despite the odds

I wish I could tell myself positive things, but my negativity is just so strong, I have a very hard time believing the positive things I tell myself.

Eat when you are hungry; sleep when you are tired.

When you are done eating, wash your dish.

Eat when you are hungry; sleep when you are tired.

When you are done eating, wash your dish.

there never was a bodhi tree, nor bright mirror standing.
Fundamentally not one thing exists, so where is the dust to cling?

Remembered this from somewhere, thought you would know it.

there never was a bodhi tree, nor bright mirror standing.
Fundamentally not one thing exists, so where is the dust to cling?

Remembered this from somewhere, thought you would know it.

It is a reply by Hui-neng in response to Shen-hsiu's statement:

Body is the Bodhi tree,
Mind is like a bright mirror-stand.
Take care to wipe it continually,
And allow no dust to cling.

The two 'verses' are commentary regarding
the sequentiality of enlightenment.

It is a reply by Hui-neng in response to Shen-hsiu's statement:

Body is the Bodhi tree,
Mind is like a bright mirror-stand.
Take care to wipe it continually,
And allow no dust to cling.

The two 'verses' are commentary regarding
the sequentiality of enlightenment.

that's bad. Are you saying I've been enlightened backwards? :)

I came across this link(ignored the tweet from Yoko Ono)

Any words quotes you have heard, read, thought etc which have stuck with you. Me me their is three.

The first is 'People way I'm good with special needs teenagers. No I'm just good with teenagers'. This was sad by the taxi driver who use to take me to school because it made me so happy someone thought of me as a 'teenager' not a 'special needs teenager'.

The second quote is 'You are a success story' . This was said to me by one of my faverite teachers at school. I often think of this quote when see something seems overwhelming or I feel like I have failed.

The third quote is 'Where are the awards for the people who do ordinary things, under extroinary conditions' This is one I started thinking if myself after leaving my secondary school award ceremony and relishing no awards had been given to anyone in an unfortunate circumstance just getting through. It was the same incredibly smart people getting the recognition. Not the girl who had to go to the food bank, the girl who had a nervous break down because her Mum had ran away from home or me the Gil who was in and ofof hospital with seizures, faint, dislocations etc. Where was our recognition for achieving despite the odds
Nothing comes to my mind right now, but I love the idea! Great post, I love quotes that touch my brain and my heart at the same time.
That last quote of yours just did that, "Where are the awards for the people who do ordinary things under extraordinary conditions?"
So true! I suppose I like to think that maybe it's because people just don't know or realize the hardship others survive through to do the things, they deem 'ordinary '!
I'm sorry you had to live through these events! I for one, recognize the huge effort it must have taken on your part, and award you a BIG shiny Survival Medal! :)

I love quotes so loads stick with me.

"Wisdom says I am nothing, love says I am everything, and between the two my life turns". Seems about a succinctly true as it's possible to get.

Unfortunately I have darker stuff that I don't choose to carry, but it sticks nonetheless.

"my heart is beating, I'm alive, but I don't call this living". Seems to echo through my life.

these quotes may be mostly from me, but there a list iv compiled over time on how i will live my life. (and i would advise everyone to make a list of there own. it helps in the hard times to remind you whats what.)

"any person who sacrifices or allows there liberties to be taken for the sake of anyone's securities deserves nether and will loss both"
"if your going to take a swing at someone, make shore that you have enough strength that they wont be standing to swing back"
"Over-Kill is underrated"
"honesty above all even if it hurts, being true is all that will drag you through this life"
"there is a right time for everything, if its not the right time put on a sweet face to those you disagree with to dispel conflict till the right time comes"
"make as meany friends as you can, but don't drag them into your fights unless it is of the up most necessity (like life and death) learning to fight your battles to the bitter end by yourself but being willing to work in a team is what will make you strong in the long run"
"a life built on personal hard work and sacrifice will last the test of time longer then a life built on the work of others"
"if someone is offended buy something you said you are not the only one at fault for words are just words"
"giving to a charity is futile. helping those in need that are closest to you till you risk hurting yourself is true charity"
"if you claim loyalty to some one stand by and be leave in them to the bitter end"
"emotions may be a gift and bring pleasure, but they will make you weak in the long run. learn to look past your emotions and make your choices with pure logic. this it the only way to move forward"
"honor above all till the end, even if it hurts"

Too many to even count, a few off the top of my head are:
Not all those who wander are lost ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

While, like a ghastly rapid river, the hideous pale throng, rush out forever, and laugh...but smile no more ~ Edgar Allen Poe

(Book on Therapy I can't remember the name of) They say time heals all wounds, but that's not true. Time allows those wounds to scar over but we will always have holes inside of us from those wounds.

Tried to save myself, but myself keeps slipping away ~ Trent Reznor

Focus on what you want rather than what you don't want - my dad

What we do echoes throughout Eternity - General Maximus, Gladiator

About her one I have been think about lately 'Crying isn't a sign of weakness'it's a sign someone's been strong for to long'.

"Strange how there's always a little more innocence left to lose." - The Outsider from Dishonored

I just think it's so true; just when I think I've seen the depths of general human awfulness, humanity outdoes itself - and I never see it coming. It gets me thinking - is it true, or will there come a time when I have no innocence left to lose?

From the movie Robin Hood, Morgan Freeman says "get up, move faster".

From the movie The Accountant, the father of the boys says "people are scared of what's different" - "sooner or later, different scares people". This one really resonates with me, as my self-discipline is a foundation to not be different which I am re-framing towards helping the world be with me.

New Threads

Top Bottom