• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your newest interest or obsession?

judy_membrane_by_ancusmitis-d9wst5r.jpg A combination of Zootopia and Invader Zim

I am strange.

I am working on my lock picking skills. I am very unskilled at it and it takes me a long time to make any progress. I keep hoping one day I will be good. I did finally for the first time single pin pick (SPP) a padlock I have. I have raked it open (using a shaped long tool and kinetic motion) more than a hundred times but picking each pin with a hook is my goal and for whatever reason I have little sensitivity to pin feedback. I need to become aware of it so I can pick single pins. I wonder if one day I will be able to do it.

Not a new obsession, but I managed to log in to my ancestry account last night (forgot the password for ages, reset it then forgot it again lol) and realised how much I miss doing my tree and trees for others. My own tree has over 10,000 people in it as I got really far back on one branch and most of the others go back to the 1500s. In addition I added a lot of people related through marriage etc. I found I have really good skills and I was never even taught them. I kept my tree on private and my aunt who has a genealogy degree, did not. I always discovered things and added them to my tree months before her and some mysteries she has never been able to solve, when I have (I have offered to help her but she prefers to do it on her own). They have a really great offer on a year's membership right now so it is extremely tempting to rejoin.

WHAT THE **** HE KNOWS YOU HAVE BEEN BAD OR GOOD MEANS AND WHAT IT MEANS TO BE GOOD FOR GOODNESS SAKES!

Philosophical aside: I always understood it as "be good for the sake of goodness itself", i.e. goodness being a goal worthy of pursuing in its own right – which always seemed to contradict the rest of the song's message that you must be good for the sake of getting presents; but now that you wrote it out, it looks like the expression "for goodness sakes!" which makes it sound rather more dramatical, like horrible things will happen if you're not good.

/Aside over. Peace out.

Skyrim! I've had a game going for about two years but never got very far, then recently all I can think about is wanting to level my character. I've got a skyrim pandora station, am working on a Lydia cosplay, and when it's my turn at the tv that's what I'm doing.

Over spring break, my cousin let me try out one of his professor layton games. Now I really want to play more of them!

My newest interest is Australia, I've learned so much from all the Aussies here! I plan on taking a trip there in a few years so I can meet The Awesome Aussies! Of course I'll also play golf while I'm there too, but it will be the journey and learning experience of a lifetime! Thank you Wab, Adora, Aiaei,Myrtonos, Cosmophylla, for all you have taught me! I'm eager to learn even more!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) I also am crazy for Redgum! Thanks, Wab for getting me into them!

Last edited:
My newest interests are cars and Billy Joel. I have always liked cars, but now find myself collecting toy ones.

My newest interests are cars and Billy Joel. I have always liked cars, but now find myself collecting toy ones.
You like cars too. I like cars I'm in automotive school to be a mechanic. What is your favorite car? My favorite car is the 1960's era camiro's.

I love your avatar! I think Goldens are some of the finest companions folks could ever have. I wish I could give all of them a loving home! There are precious few living things on this Earth that will love you more than themselves.

My newest interest is Australia, I've learned so much from all the Aussies here! I plan on taking a trip there in a few years so I can meet The Awesome Aussies! Of course I'll also play golf while I'm there too, but it will be the journey and learning experience of a lifetime! Thank you Wab, Adora, Aiaei,Myrtonos, Cosmophylla, for all you have taught me! I'm eager to learn even more!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) I also am crazy for Redgum! Thanks, Wab for getting me into them!
There is a special place in my heart for everyone whose special interest is a geographical location.

I lived in Australia for a year when I was 5. I remember it being too hot and too spider-y. Didn't think it was a good fit for me, and was rather relieved to move on. But I remember that I developed a special interest while I was there: the Gold Coast.

This is an extension of my current interest (Norway) but I've been reading this book called One of Us and I haven't felt so intensely engaged and unable to put down something in a long time.

New Threads

Top Bottom