• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your mental age?

4gottenLoreKali

Metalqueer
V.I.P Member
I always had a hunch that I was older than my chronological age. Here are my results:

Real Age: 19

Mental Age: 43

Naive Degree: 64%

Mature Degree: 61%

Old Degree: 67%

And you can take the test here! ---> Mental Age Test

Real age; 32
Mental age: 18

And people think I"m joking when I say "I'm an 18 year old with 14 years of experience"

There was another thread a while ago like this one I think. Very intetesting though. On this test, I come out at 44. There are other online tests too, which give results that vary slightly.
So, my real age: 29
Mental age: 44

Sometimes I feel a lot older than 44....

Real Age: between 30 and 35

Mental Age: 38

Naive Degree: 72%

Mature Degree: 50%

Old Degree: 67%

Real age, 48
Mental age 38

I'd say that's accurate. When I was younger, I'm certain I would have been scored as older. I think the only time things might have lined up was in my late 20's early 30's.

Last edited:
Well, that's about right :)

age.JPG

Interestingly, I learned in psychology class today that a person's IQ is calculated by their mental age, divided by their chronological age, and the result of that multiplied by 100. I'll let you do the math for yourself, but if the test I just took was the official figure for my mental age, my IQ would be 80 points higher than it already is in it s highest category.

Interestingly, I learned in psychology class today that a person's IQ is calculated by their mental age, divided by their chronological age, and the result of that multiplied by 100. I'll let you do the math for yourself, but if the test I just took was the official figure for my mental age, my IQ would be 80 points higher than it already is in it s highest category.
I can't believe that's remotely accurate when determining someones IQ. Is that really how it's done now? When did it get changed?

That would make my IQ around 36 :eek:

My cat can do better!

I call 'nonsense' on that one
Hey what you doing here, shouldn't you be trying to remember what a litter tray is and where it might be? [emoji192]

I agree totally with "nonsense".
( Not picking on the person who said that theory, they are only saying what they've been told I suppose. )

Mental age is determined by a number of factors, and there are a bunch of different categories in which the intelligence quotient is classified.

I can't believe that's remotely accurate when determining someones IQ. Is that really how it's done now? When did it get changed?

I wouldn't know. I just found out that this notion of "mental age ÷ chronological age × 100 = IQ" only goes for children's IQ tests. Sorry, I probably should've clarified.

(As an amusing aside, I remember I agonized over arranging red blocks in the positions laid out according to a chart in a limited time as part of the WISC, or Wechsler's Intelligence Scale for Children test.)

Real Age: 44
Mental Age: 24
Naive Degree: 60%
Mature Degree: 50%
Old Degree: 25%

About what I expected. :cool:

Edit: I just used NotImportant's formula to calculate my IQ as it was measured when I was 9. The psychologist told my parents my mental age was 15-16 years. Interestingly, the result was 166.66, and my measured IQ at assessment was 167. NotImportant may be right. Huh. Go figure.

Last edited:
I love the trend of this thread. The youngsters think older and the oldsters are headed in the opposite direction.

I said I was 70 and I will be 71 on April 13. The result said I was 33!!!!! I am an unhappy old fart, very displeased with how my life has turned out, even considering that I was horribly emotionally abused by my mother and then by my ex.

I was ten years younger.
But then I would have given the same answers 20 years ago too.
Must say I struggled for a long time with the very first question — the one about having bottom lines (truly I did). I didn't know what to say. I don't generally look at my bottom! Must be aspie.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom