• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your mental age?

Real Age: 33

Mental Age: 41

Naive Degree: 52%

Mature Degree: 46%

Old Degree: 61%

It's funny because in my head I'm still a teenager, but people always says I act like a "old woman", lol.

Interestingly, I learned in psychology class today that a person's IQ is calculated by their mental age, divided by their chronological age, and the result of that multiplied by 100. I'll let you do the math for yourself, but if the test I just took was the official figure for my mental age, my IQ would be 80 points higher than it already is in it s highest category.

I'd score somewhere around 50-ish... so much like Harrison, I'd call it nonsense.

On the other hand; if this gives me the liberty to cover the walls with my excrement without people judging me...

I would say that I'm mature when I have to be mature, but most of the time I don't have to be mature.

Real Age: 25

Mental Age: 30

Naive Degree: 56%

Mature Degree: 61%

Old Degree: 28%

I wasn't sure how to answer a lot of the questions.

I wasn't sure about some of the questions either - I have bottom lines for example.... I don't have lines on my bottom :)

Real Age: 45

Mental Age: 36

Naive Degree: 72%

Mature Degree: 54%

Old Degree: 56%

I wasn't sure about some of the questions either - I have bottom lines for example.... I don't have lines on my bottom :)
I was also not sure about this. What I decided was that it must mean what happens when you stand up and have been equipped with a rear that is not just a continuation of your back then your legs. I think that's probably not what it actually means, but it was the only thing I could think of.... Random :confused:
But for the record I do not usually think of my bottom having lines and it does not look like anyone has gone crazy near me with a marker pen. It's not a part of me that's in the forefront of my mind. .. I'd hope not actually. It belongs below my back. o_O

Just in case anyone is still really confused about the term 'bottom line', I'm quoting a definition below. It isn't to do with shape or wrinkles on one's bottom. I am familiar with the term, but I think the question wording threw me - particularly as it is always referred to in the singular, not plural. You can't have multiple bottom lines (on any one issue).
Merriam-Webster said:
bottom line
the most important part of something : the most important thing to consider

1 a : the essential or salient point : crux
b : the primary or most important consideration

Examples
The bottom line is that the product just wasn't practical.
If our flight is late, we will miss our connection. That's the bottom line.
A student with special needs can stress a school's budget, but the bottom line is that the state must provide for the child's education.

Last edited:
Maturity age: 28+
Mental age: 8 -10
Real age: 17

I've been told I act very mature for my age and it's true, I do. But sometimes I still have that child's urge to play in the dirt, use legos, etc. Even as a child though, I desperately wanted to be a grown, mature, independent, and responsible adult. Not as naive as I used to be but more naive than standard NT adults and adolescents.

Real Age: 18

Mental Age: 32

Naive Degree: 52%

Mature Degree: 54%

Old Degree: 42%

Very interesting! Because actually, I am just a little child :eek: Well, not really... but I can be very immature, to the point where my parents are like: "Come on! Start acting a bit more mature, will ya?" Some days I am very serious, and some days not. I take every day how it is though, childish or not :)

Whilst im a young woman (28), ive always been an 'old man' at heart and probably always will be *yells at kids to get off her lawn*.

Your Mental Age is:
(17 years older)
Sophisticated

Your Mental Age is:

(27 years older)
Sophisticated

him interesting I guess I find I act older than my age weird

ps my accual age is 15

My results:

Real Age: 25

Mental Age: 44

Naive Degree: 48%

Mature Degree: 46%

Old Degree: 78%

Which I would definitely agree with- but I've always felt that my mental age was in the 40's-- even as a teenager.

I feel that, at this point in my life (my real age being mid-twenties) my mental age is sometimes 3 and sometimes 33 but almost never in between. I've always gotten along with people at least 10 years my senior and small children but have a really hard time with people anywhere close to my own age.

I find Alis Rowe's theory on this interesting and, if nothing else, it validates that I'm not alone in this experience.
18809_929389867111878_3903820143283495070_n.png

Also I took the quiz and scored age 39. :p

Umm.......... I took test and it said..... 1 year old.... A tiny tot. In real life im 13 year old.

Last edited:
I can't believe that's remotely accurate when determining someones IQ. Is that really how it's done now? When did it get changed?

Changed from what?
As long as I can remember, IQ = MA/CA.

Intelligence Quotient equals the Mental Age divided by Chronological Age.

IQ or Intelligence Quotient is the result a person gets by answering
an inventory of questions meant to evaluate 'intelligence'
---which is sometimes defined as 'the ability to profit by experience')

MA or Mental Age is the level of native mental ability or capacity of an individual,
usually as determined by an intelligence test, in relation to the chronological age of the average individual at this level:
a ten-year-old child with the mental age of a twelve-year-old; a mental age of twelve.

CA or Chronological Age is a person's age figured in years.

Mental Age Test , the 'test' in this thread, is for entertainment purposes.
It is not an 'official,' or standardized test of mental age.
This test is an approximation of attitude.
It is for fun.

New Threads

Top Bottom