• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is a place you would like to travel?

Trinity Test Site. They open it to the public only twice per year. The history of the first atom bomb has always fascinated me; because despite having a fundamental understanding of nuclear physics, they didn't know for certain what would happen.

My mother was 200 miles away from that test, on a bus. Nobody noticed it over the regular commotion.

Oh, so many places.

Not in any particular order:

Antarctica (so I will have set foot on all the continents. And it is just a wonderful place.)
Bhutan, one of the happiest places on earth.
Tibet, the forbidden kingdom.
Tanzania, Mt Kilimanjaro. Also the gems.
Botswana, No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency.
Madagascar & Sri Lanka, have wonderful gems.
Laos (and the upper reaches of Thailand.)
Indonesia. One of our nearest neighbours and I’ve never been there! (Not every Aussie has been to Bali.)
Some of the Pacific island nations. (Again, ”in our back yard” and I’ve not been. Partly because sun, surf and sand is not our first holiday choice, but I like snorkelling, and there must be more.)
Machu Picchu (Yes, it’s getting very crowded, but there’s a reason for that.)
Siberia (hopefully with a friend of mine from Vladivostok. Not much hope of that soon. My Russian friends can’t even get postal service to their families.)
Andorra, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, and San Marino, to ”finish” Western Europe. ;)
Puglia, Sicily & Sardinia.
More of Eastern Europe.
Myanmar, again. I miss my friends there and worry about them.

Uluru, The Kimberly, Arnhem Land, Coober Pedy & Lightning Ridge.

Sorry, I could go on…

My cousin and her boyfriend once drove a car from Johannesburg to London. (She was returning from a residency in a hospital there. Do not ask about the incident of the needle-stick injury from the HIV-positive patient.) She is somewhat more adventuresome than me.

My diving career is over, but I always wanted to dive the Great Barrier Reef. Lived in South Korea, BTW, early 70’s, before the Industrial Revolution fell on them. Interesting to watch since then.

My diving career is over, but I always wanted to dive the Great Barrier Reef. Lived in South Korea, BTW, early 70’s, before the Industrial Revolution fell on them. Interesting to watch since then.
I went snorkelling at Fitzroy Island in June. Wow! Saw turtles feeding, didn’t appear to be any snappy lizards about, and no irukandji (though there were treatment stations on the beach.) So many coral and fish species, such vivid colours. Very spiky walk along the coral beach.

I'd really love to visit Western Europe and Greece. I find the architecture to be stunning and I've always found the history and culture to be fascinating. I also would love to visit the Scandinavian countries and Canada. I like it cool.

Domestically, I look forward to exploring the rest of New England when I move up there. I look forward to visiting Boston. They have a great Early Music scene there. =D I look forward to visiting New York as well, and finally getting to see some of the Northern states that I've never gotten to see, like maybe Michigan and as far west as Minnesota. We'll see.

New Threads

Top Bottom